Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The *unofficial* Oceanic servers.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
The *unofficial* Oceanic servers.

CaesarSteiner
12.16.2011 , 01:08 AM | #11
If BW was assigning all the Oceania guilds to one or two servers, it would have been nice for them to put a note on there. I just picked Harbinger because it was the first West Coast server named after something from KotOR2 I saw, and I'm kind of bummed at being on one of the two servers that has queues when I get off work at night.
"Vengeance is mine," quoth Alvis! Then he shot that guy right in the friggin' face!

Celethorn
12.16.2011 , 03:28 AM | #12
I went onto JJT since it is another server with several Australian guilds on it but isn't as populated as Harbinger, at most I only had a 10 minute queue, other times while Harbinger was at full, it seemed to be at just 'very heavy' for a majority of the time excluding peak hours.

qmidget
12.16.2011 , 03:45 AM | #13
I feel your frustrations.

Coming from another well known mmo where originally there were only 'unofficial' oceanic realms, it was a rather huge adjustment to cope with the ridiculous queues, not only during my peak, but during the peak time of America as well.

Often I would find myself getting home from work at 5pm, logging into a 3000+ queue and not getting in until after 8pm.

Rather than get mad at this *wasted* time. I used it to watch tv/go for a run/walk the dog/spend time with loved ones/cook and eat dinner ect.

Once I got in, I was treated with an online version of a 24/7 city. No matter what time of day I log in, there would always be plenty of people to raid/pvp/quest or do whatever I want.
Meaning that the few hours I was able to play everyday, were always spent doing something I enjoyed and not just idling in town waiting for people to log in.

If Bioware had launched SWTOR simultaneously in Oceanic regions and provided oceanic branded servers and/or locally hosted servers. Yes I would have used them.
In 6/12/whatever months time when it finally does release officially to oceanic regions, if we do get our own servers, I will be staying on my 24/7 queue server for the round the clock atmosphere. Nothing beats it.

Canisrah
12.16.2011 , 03:55 AM | #14
All I know is, tried to log onto The Swiftsure today and was #748 in the lineup.

...wasn't liking that at all.
STAR WARS™: THE OLD REPUBLIC™ IS NOT AVAILABLE IN YOUR REGION

SQUADRON 419

Juiceness
12.16.2011 , 04:20 AM | #15
Its Blackrock all over again.

Drakos
12.16.2011 , 04:26 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Juiceness View Post
Its Blackrock all over again.
Those were my exact thoughts when I logged into my server and saw a queue. I wonder if they'll be as good at PvP.
Cadiva: The fundamental thing I have to ask is "am I enjoying playing this".

The only person who can tell you whether or not you should resub for TOR is you.

jkramsey
12.16.2011 , 04:34 AM | #17
SUPER frustrating to have been assigned Harbinger. Our guilds (light/dark both) were assigned to this server by chance, and our guildies had 1hr+ wait times.
Would have been nice if a server that was added AFTER the initial round of guilds were assigned had been picked for unofficial oceanic whatnot.

Juiceness
12.16.2011 , 04:41 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by jkramsey View Post
SUPER frustrating to have been assigned Harbinger. Our guilds (light/dark both) were assigned to this server by chance, and our guildies had 1hr+ wait times.
Would have been nice if a server that was added AFTER the initial round of guilds were assigned had been picked for unofficial oceanic whatnot.
Thats how they figured out which server they wanted to be Oceanic.

All the Oceanic guilds got together and dasiy chained their guilds to try and all land on one server. Guess which server they landed on.

http://www.remnantsgaming.com/daisychain
https://twitter.com/#!/OceanicPvP

With no server list they used what method was available, pre-guild launching.

Now I get the impression Bioware is a reasonable company, if you present your requests in a mature way they are considered.

They should do what took Bilzzard (1 to 3 years!?) to do. Add a little tab next to Europe called, Oceanic and put some servers on that list.

Server PHYSICAL location really doesn't effect us, because we have brilliant latency, we don't need servers in our country's just labels.

Fardreamer
12.16.2011 , 04:54 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Kudaran View Post
To be honest, I'm not a fan of the fact that established North American Servers The Harbinger and Swiftsure, have been coined the term "unofficial oceanic servers". What this leads to is severe overcrowding on those servers because you have not only North American Players, but also multiple other *ENTIRE* countries on the same server. I logged in at 3:00am CST today, and I had a queue. It really shouldn't work like that.

What I think should happen is BW should allow North American guilds the option to transfer their guild to a new server, and make the current unofficial servers the official ones. Or just make a new server for the Oceanic players and transfer their guilds over.

And before you start flaming about me being a selfish American, and how I only care about myself, the Aussies are going through queue too. I'm sure they're not very happy either.
Solution: Get off our server if you aren't an Aussie.
"In the end, cowards are those who follow the darkside."
-Yoda

Jaruc
12.16.2011 , 05:00 AM | #20
Once all the dust settles down and new servers are brought up it would be nice if BW allowed free 'Guild with all members' transfers to other servers.

It would help with keeping Oceanic players (American but in Korea so counting myself part of that community) together and allowing US based player guilds to move to another server.

Especially since Swiftsure, Harbinger, and Jekk'Jekk Tarr have already been 'unoffically' announced Oceanic and where we want to be.

At least be thankful that as a US based player you don't have to endure primetime downtimes like we do.

Quote: Originally Posted by jkramsey View Post