Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

STAR WARS™: The Old Republic™ Asia Pacific Launch

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
STAR WARS™: The Old Republic™ Asia Pacific Launch
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Anarchistic
04.04.2012 , 10:44 PM | #561
They were, I received my e-mail on the second of March to say I was eligible to transfer:

JOIN THE ASIA PACIFIC SERVERS

You qualify for a one-time, free character transfer to our Asia Pacific servers. This transfer is targeted for late April and we will be sending you additional information on how to request your transfer in the coming weeks. For more details on Character Transfer, including limitations, please visit our FAQ.

If you request a transfer, the following will not be moved as part of this request:
• Friends List
• Auction Items
• In-Game Mail
• Guild Membership

Just waiting for the confirmation as to when we will be allowed to transfer sometime this month.

Bhaers
04.04.2012 , 11:22 PM | #562
As a player who didn't grey market the game and jump the queue (Not that there is anything wrong with that) I can say it's bloody wonderful to play at 40ms or less ping. Amazing.

If nothing else, it's locked me into the only MMO that has a workable server on Aussie soil.

Now, if we could just train the idiots in General that it's "Your mum" and not "Your mom"
An inflated sense of self-importance deflects us from the inner peace and happiness we seek and affects those around us negatively. - HH Dalai Lama

Knightsilver
04.05.2012 , 04:23 AM | #563
I can only assume it was for a selective few then unless another batch gets sent out.

Anarchistic
04.05.2012 , 08:54 PM | #564
Quote: Originally Posted by Knightsilver View Post
I can only assume it was for a selective few then unless another batch gets sent out.

It wasn’t for a select few, the email and transfer is for anyone who meets the criteria:

Only characters created on The Old Republic servers by February 28, 2012, 5:01PM EDT, 7:01PM NZDT, 2:01PM HKT, 2:01PM SGT qualify for transfers.

Characters created by qualified players on a non-Asia Pacific server after the February 28th deadline will not qualify for transfers to Asia Pacific servers.

We will be sending an email to all qualified players by early March with more details. Stay tuned to www.StarWarsTheOldRepublic.com for more information.

Hope that helps explain things a little better

Knightsilver
04.06.2012 , 12:23 AM | #565
hmmm the mystery deepens.

It does explain it better thanks for that but i registered in early february and from oz.

is it worth contacting customer support?