Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

STAR WARS™: The Old Republic™ Asia Pacific Launch

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
STAR WARS™: The Old Republic™ Asia Pacific Launch
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

mmogaddict
02.14.2012 , 05:10 PM | #21
Will our legacy experience also transfer across to the new server or just our characters?

Can we pick which characters on our account can transfer or is it automatically all the characters in an account on a server (our entire legacy) that gets transferred? (if we opt for a transfer)

Will our charactrers have to be a minimum level to transfer? (Over level 10?)
The Older Gamers (Age 25+)
DALBORRA Server (OC)
Rep The Older Gamers Emp TOG Legion

metaverseoz
02.14.2012 , 05:20 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Dantargon View Post
May I be the first to say... WOOOOOT!

A question though: where exactly are the servers going to be located? Actually in AU/NZ or SNG or JP? (before someone asks, yes, it makes a huge difference as many ISPs route traffic for ASPAC countries via their links to the US making the latency _worse_ not better when accessing servers in "their region")
Servers definitely going to be located in Australia:

http://toroz.com.au/2012/02/oceanic-...ion-confirmed/

The Oceanic Gamer: Website > Facebook > Twitter> Podcast

Faydark
02.14.2012 , 05:23 PM | #23
The news article says that transfers will occur AFTER the launch, and that we will be given details "early in march".

Does this mean that there will be naming conflicts when the older characters are transferred? Or is there going to be a process to "reserve" existing character names on the new servers (at least until the transfer window is closed)?

Thanks.

Iandidar
02.14.2012 , 05:27 PM | #24
I know the Ausies are excited..but what happens to those of us on the current Ausie servers when they all leave and our servers are all but deserted?

Our guild was assigned to The Harbinger. We're a US guild...and already have a very hard time operating during normal US hours since the majority of our server is on Ausie time.

Has there been any plan to combine those servers, or allow us to move to a populated server when/if the majority of our server takes advantage of the move?

Xterminatz
02.14.2012 , 05:28 PM | #25
Finally the wait is over!
Follow your resident I.T geek and gaming enthusiast!
http://twitter.com/xterminatz || http://twitch.tv/xterminatz || http://youtube.com/xterminatz
Midian 16HM 4/4 Denova ~ http://www.midiangaming.com

soulbladegt
02.14.2012 , 05:32 PM | #26
Bioware, as a current AU player with characters on Swiftsure, what are my options if moving to the Asia-Pac servers results in me playing on a server with a population that is inadequate for finding groups for group content?

What would occur if I sample the lower response times by creating a new character on an Asia-Pac server, and wanted to then move my existing characters to the same server? Would the new character integrate into my existing Legacy?

SirSlayAlot
02.14.2012 , 05:40 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Iandidar View Post
I know the Ausies are excited..but what happens to those of us on the current Ausie servers when they all leave and our servers are all but deserted?

Our guild was assigned to The Harbinger. We're a US guild...and already have a very hard time operating during normal US hours since the majority of our server is on Ausie time.

Has there been any plan to combine those servers, or allow us to move to a populated server when/if the majority of our server takes advantage of the move?
You're playing (8PM) when we are working (12PM) so while you will notice a difference, it will only be minor.

You will just be in the same boat as other low pop servers.

I came across several americans talking about this in /1 General, and they were excited to see the back of us

SirSlayAlot
02.14.2012 , 05:49 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by soulbladegt View Post
Bioware, as a current AU player with characters on Swiftsure, what are my options if moving to the Asia-Pac servers results in me playing on a server with a population that is inadequate for finding groups for group content?
Why should they provide you with options? It's not their fault you chose to roll on a server with a low pop.

SirSlayAlot
02.14.2012 , 05:52 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Faydark View Post
The news article says that transfers will occur AFTER the launch, and that we will be given details "early in march".
You expected to be able to xfer to servers BEFORE they are up and running?
And early March can easily mean March 2nd.

You would of been better off asking;

Q. When are xfers going to be active?

SoulstitchMMO
02.14.2012 , 05:53 PM | #30
those poor poor asians lol.