Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

For people who have read SWTOR REVAN

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
For people who have read SWTOR REVAN

taelinn
02.14.2012 , 08:48 PM | #11
What a lot of people seem to miss, is that it states multiple times...
Spoiler

BrandonSM
02.14.2012 , 09:27 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by taelinn View Post
What a lot of people seem to miss, is that it states multiple times...
Spoiler
No it doesn't. In fact it states the opposite, it stated Revan knew he couldn't beat The Emperor but he could delay him or die trying.
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

BrandonSM
02.14.2012 , 09:28 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by ElementalCrisis View Post
I disagree, Revan is a powerful Jedi, look at some of his accomplishments. The problem with the book is we didn't have any battles that showed Revan's true skill. The only thing close was when he redirected the force lighting attack from Darth Nyriss and killed her. The problem was the main antagonist was the emperor who is this extremely powerful character, stronger than any other character in the Star Wars universe. So when compared to the emperor, Revan seems pretty weak.
Luke or Sidious or Caedus could probably beat Vitate... I'd bet Exar Kun could succeed too.
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

AydenStorm
02.14.2012 , 09:39 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by ElementalCrisis View Post
I disagree, Revan is a powerful Jedi, look at some of his accomplishments. The problem with the book is we didn't have any battles that showed Revan's true skill. The only thing close was when he redirected the force lighting attack from Darth Nyriss and killed her. The problem was the main antagonist was the emperor who is this extremely powerful character, stronger than any other character in the Star Wars universe. So when compared to the emperor, Revan seems pretty weak.
It's Canon!

Luke, Sidious, Yoda they are the greatest of their respected professions. EVER.

Sidious would cackle and laugh at Vitiate, laugh at how weak he is by not truly mastering the Dark Side. The trinkets, the rituals, immortality at the cost of all life. That is not true power... Palpatine understood that.

Luke in his prime is more powerful than any Jedi or Sith, EVER. This is also canon. These days he has to fight multiple Sith at a time, while taking care of a crutch or two, while injuired, while tired, or just plain fight what is essentially a god in Star Wars, and he even then is victorious.

Razhah
02.14.2012 , 10:17 PM | #15
I was pretty disappointed with the book as well and I like most of his books. Of course, I am convinced this book was written specifically to be a lead-in to the Taral V/Maelstrom Flashpoints. I won't drop any more of a spoiler than that since there are some who haven't completed them yet.
You use the Force.... I will use Deadly Force!
Squadron 11-11-11 'Never Forget'

foolsama
02.15.2012 , 12:15 PM | #16
'Revan' was disappointing, not for the story, but in its brevity and lack of anything worth caring about. I'm with the above poster; this book was written to explain the 'Jedi Prisoner' questline, and the Lord Scourge companion character. That's it.

Also, the Scourge character in game... is not at all what I expected after reading this. He doesn't seem angry enough.. or in great, searing pain.

_Zorth_
02.15.2012 , 12:21 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by sfatmedic View Post
Agreed but then why go through the trouble of writing a book about Revan just so they could end him like a chump.

Because they couldn't just leave him at where it was, He went off to the unkown regions.. and then what?

The book cleared up what happened there, He got a honorable ending since he got to become one with the force just like Yoda & Obi - Wan. Since TOR isn't about Revan means that they can't focus on him anymore, Ther's nothing more to tell and they couldn't just leave him in the unkown regions..

That's why he came back to die, So that these 8 new character stories could have their moments.
The Red Eclipse
Best Player World Wide
..Greedo shot first

RoadtoArkham
02.15.2012 , 02:23 PM | #18
He needed to stay gone. I'm disappointed by his fate because it seemed like a blatant attempt to shoehorn him into SWTOR.

I'm really irritated with the mis-handling of the group dynamics too. The group of KoTOR I was mentioned and some half-*** reasons were given. The group from II weren't even given a thought. Which leads into...

The mis-handling of the Exile. For real? This is the protege of the Great, Amazing Kreia? This cliche Jedi who suffered from some of the worst Chickification and Stuffed Into the Fridge of any character I've ever seen.

I honestly think KoTOR II was ignored and disrespected because it was Oblivion instead of Bioware who made the characters.
Hail to the King, baby.

Navystylz
02.15.2012 , 02:34 PM | #19
Give me a break. Luke was pathetic. The only reason he seemed so strong is 1) These 3 movies were the start of the series way back when, 2) There were no other Jedi to compare him to (Yoda was practically in his death bed already and been tired out since Anakin first turned), 3) Vader had nothing that could stand against him either, so while a shadow of his former self, he wasn't as strong as he was.

And to make it worse because the original movies are so old, it all looks so bland compared to all the rest of the canon, games movies out now.

Spoiler

wrong_turn
02.15.2012 , 02:40 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by sfatmedic View Post
***Contains Spoliers******

Currently deployed overseas and unable to play well anything really, so to occupy what little free time I have I began to read several Star Wars books. I just finished reading Revan. Although i enjoyed the book and the story I felt the ending was unjust for a character loved through most of the SWKOTOR gaming community.

In my opinion throwing Revan in prison then having him rescued only to be imprisoned within a week of his escape for nearly eternity was well harsh. In all honesty the ending was a bitter end to an epic character. Now i haven't yet been able to see how all this ties into new game but i have a feeling it will be similar to spitting on Revan with some sorry garbage encounter and ending.

Feel free to share your opinions or comments.
I agree with you for the most part, but I don't mind his ultimate fate. I'm glad that Revan survived one way or another to this era of SW. My issue though is with the way it was written. It just ends so abruptly, and Revan barely puts up a fight after easily handling a member of the dark council. I would have liked to see Revan put up more of a fight and not go out so easily.
ịị◚◚◚◚ịịịị7▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀) A Jedi must have the deepest commitment, the most serious mind. -Master Yoda CE