Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

CC in this game needs a nerf.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
CC in this game needs a nerf.

Rehsals's Avatar


Rehsals
02.14.2012 , 02:43 PM | #1
For one the resolve bar is a joke, any decent player will regulate how much he/she cc's you to keep your bar from getting full. It's not difficult at all.

The CC's in this game last forever, and if you waste your CC breaker when your Resolve bar isn't full, you can just be stunned again immediately afterwards.

Resolve bar needs a rework.

CC breaker needs to grant a period of time where you can't be CC'd

Also, snares need to be affected by resolve(also force shroud etc).


I figured since QQ'ing on the forums seems to work maybe if we keep making threads like this it will get changed.
Statick - Prophecy of the Five - Level 55 Assassin

Anthiel's Avatar


Anthiel
02.14.2012 , 02:46 PM | #2
i like resolve in clutch situations that guys not letting his or your resolve drop if anything somebody else is gonna slip a ccin and **** up your timing i agree the cc break needs a 2or 3 sec immunity though.

Zhentarion's Avatar


Zhentarion
02.14.2012 , 02:49 PM | #3
For me cc is fine But i do agree on some rework on the resolve and 2 -3 sec imunety after cc breaker
Motherbord: P8Z68-v Pro
Processor: Intel i5 2500k
Graf : Nvidia Gtx 560 ti cu 2 = To Large!
Ram : 8 GB DDR 3

Elysion's Avatar


Elysion
02.14.2012 , 02:50 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Rehsals View Post
For one the resolve bar is a joke, any decent player will regulate how much he/she cc's you to keep your bar from getting full. It's not difficult at all.
Except 90% of players open with a CC then spam CCs and make everyones bar white.

Quote:
The CC's in this game last forever, and if you waste your CC breaker when your Resolve bar isn't full, you can just be stunned again immediately afterwards.
CC them back

CC is like a game within the game, strategy on what pacing to use to cc, whether to save it as an interupt or not, when to use your CC break.

Adds depth.

Eihnlazer's Avatar


Eihnlazer
02.14.2012 , 02:51 PM | #5
i already posted a fix for resolve, and many agree with it, but i doubt bioware will do somthing that makes sence.






Cut the amount of resolve CC's give in half, and make it so that you recieve diminishing returns on all CC duration based on the % your bar is full.


bar half full, CC duration is cut in half. Snares and roots are CC btw.


This would completely fix the resolve issue, without a doubt.
You know what this means.

RazielHex's Avatar


RazielHex
02.14.2012 , 02:52 PM | #6
Maybe the CC-break give 10-15 seconds of CC immunity along with it?

Zhentarion's Avatar


Zhentarion
02.14.2012 , 02:53 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Eihnlazer View Post
i already posted a fix for resolve, and many agree with it, but i doubt bioware will do somthing that makes sence.






Cut the amount of resolve CC's give in half, and make it so that you recieve diminishing returns on all CC duration based on the % your bar is full.


bar half full, CC duration is cut in half. Snares and roots are CC btw.


This would completely fix the resolve issue, without a doubt.
agree
Motherbord: P8Z68-v Pro
Processor: Intel i5 2500k
Graf : Nvidia Gtx 560 ti cu 2 = To Large!
Ram : 8 GB DDR 3

jonnyshadow's Avatar


jonnyshadow
02.14.2012 , 02:57 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Eihnlazer View Post
i already posted a fix for resolve, and many agree with it, but i doubt bioware will do somthing that makes sence.






Cut the amount of resolve CC's give in half, and make it so that you recieve diminishing returns on all CC duration based on the % your bar is full.


bar half full, CC duration is cut in half. Snares and roots are CC btw.


This would completely fix the resolve issue, without a doubt.
i only wish bioware have the sense to implement this....it sucks that they seem the keep on bypassing this situation

Elysion's Avatar


Elysion
02.14.2012 , 03:12 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by RazielHex View Post
Maybe the CC-break give 10-15 seconds of CC immunity along with it?
Part of the skill of pvp though is trying to trick or goad the enemy into using their break early so you can cc them, or trying to cause the enemy to CC you and give you immunity so you can break and be un-ccable


Letting people go immune at will would just destroy that dynamic.

Currently you have to GIVE or RECEIVE immunity from the enemy. Its very important to keep it that way i think.

IT keeps people from just popping all their defensive cooldowns, turning CC immune, and running the ball in.

Amp_'s Avatar


Amp_
02.14.2012 , 03:15 PM | #10
It's kind of pointless when you get CC'd to death and then the resolve timer ticks down while you're waiting in the spawn. I would like to at least see the resolve be changed to only tick down while in combat.