Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Make Biometric Crystal Alloy Not BoP

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Make Biometric Crystal Alloy Not BoP

Yamirashi
02.14.2012 , 03:38 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by JohnnyKelowna View Post
FINE If you want PvE gear from PvP than I want PvP gear from PvE. Why should I get pummelled by BMs over and over again to get my PvP gear?? You think that's fun? Give me a way to get the best PvP gear without having to PvP.

or are you a hypocrit... *squint*
And I don't really care who has the PVP gear to be honest. The easier it is for everyone to be in equal gear the easier it is to have skill mean something in PVP, which I for one am by no means against.

Edit: I worded stuff funny.

Elrenia
02.14.2012 , 03:41 PM | #12
well since they nerfed the rakatas so you can get the same crap from the GTM that dont need BCA to make, , you dont need BCA anyway, problem solved

Almghty_gir
02.14.2012 , 03:42 PM | #13
i have no problem with materials being BOP, i do think that all of the schematics should allow you to make BOE gear though... having almost everything (read: all but wrists/belt) being bind on pickup is pretty rediculous.

if you want to craft the best stuff you should have to work for it. but you should also be able to sell it.
Bruglir Fellblade - Dark Jedi.
Guild leader - Vulgar Display of Power
Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Yamirashi
02.14.2012 , 03:42 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Elrenia View Post
well since they nerfed the rakatas so you can get the same crap from the GTM that dont need BCA to make, , you dont need BCA anyway, problem solved
Which ones? If I can get equivalent items (stats AND reusable) then that works just fine for me. I could care less if its Rakata or whatever.

Yamirashi
02.14.2012 , 03:43 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Almghty_gir View Post
i have no problem with materials being BOP, i do think that all of the schematics should allow you to make BOE gear though... having almost everything (read: all but wrists/belt) being bind on pickup is pretty rediculous.

if you want to craft the best stuff you should have to work for it. but you should also be able to sell it.
BOP mats weren't my issue so much as the only place to 'P' them being in PVE environment.

Mikeydecoy
02.14.2012 , 03:45 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Yamirashi View Post
BOP mats weren't my issue so much as the only place to 'P' them being in PVE environment.
This is my point. They can remain BoP if there is a more PvP oriented way of earning them. Or alternatively, remove the BoP so they can be sold/traded, but that isn't the only necessary option which may make my thread title a bit misleading.

Tattersalad
02.14.2012 , 03:56 PM | #17
dont worry, im sure enough crying on the forums will eventually make everything in this game boe and have no requirements to use it so we can all go outfit on the gtm and not waste time leveling a proff.

Just out of curiosity though, has anyone who replied to this actually been a biochem?

Exotech - 535 for 15 seconds
Rakata - 565 for 15 second

Anyone else think the developers have a better use for their time?

If your hardcore enough for 5% your hardcore enough to run a FP a couple times in your life.

All making the crafting material BOE will do is break the prof. A reasonable compromise is to make them available from the vendors to buy with an equivalent amount of pvp tokens/points that you would earn from potentially running 4 FP.

Resinate
02.14.2012 , 04:04 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Mikeydecoy View Post

There is no reason to limit it to PvE because frankly you should realize not everyone wants to PvE. And don't tell me that whether you agree it should be more available I should do it anyway. I'm not sinking time without a guarantee of getting one, having to form a group and run through the instance in PvP gear and a PvP spec.

But adding on top the fact that neckbeards who can and want to devote enough time for and enjoy PvE on top of PvP should get a boost in PvP simply because they can get a use out of their Crew Skill, which should inherently be usable by anyone who has it maxed, is downright terrible.
Pretty much just saying "I only want to play part of the game but I want the same rewards of those that play the whole game"

Hey if you can't be bothered with "carebear" pve content then I guess you don't get "carebear" cookies.

I am sorry if my response doesn't reflect your special place in the universe where you do only what you want but expect the same rewards as those that do what they need to

BTW PVP is a minigame within the overall MMORPG experience. I sincerely hope that someone comes up with a decent pvp centric MMO. Not that I would really choose to play it but it would give you guys a game to play that you can enjoy. That just might leave those of us that enjoy a full game experience to do just that without every patch being a pve nerf in the name of the almighty pvp balance

Mikeydecoy
02.14.2012 , 04:08 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Tattersalad View Post
dont worry, im sure enough crying on the forums will eventually make everything in this game boe and have no requirements to use it so we can all go outfit on the gtm and not waste time leveling a proff.

Just out of curiosity though, has anyone who replied to this actually been a biochem?

Exotech - 535 for 15 seconds
Rakata - 565 for 15 second

Anyone else think the developers have a better use for their time than hand holding lazy crybabies?
Again, how is this being lazy? I'm not trying to argue the fine points of PvE vs PvP, I don't want to make anyone upset because PvE is their preferred form of play, but to say that performing well in PvP is being "lazier" than doing a mindnumbing time sink of a Heroic which even non-avid PvEers say is easy is a really ignorant statement.

I just don't want to dedicate the time to PvE when I don't have the spec for it, the gear for it, and simply do not enjoy it.

Resinate
02.14.2012 , 04:18 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Mikeydecoy View Post

I just don't want to dedicate the time to PvE when I don't have the spec for it, the gear for it, and simply do not enjoy it.
Then don't. If there is a bioware employee holding a gun to your head making you run pve content, then I am on your side. Otherwise don't do pve, just don't complain that you aren't getting the pve rewards. It really is that simple.

Never said you were lazy, just that you come across as someone that expects full compensation for half a job is all.