Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Make Biometric Crystal Alloy Not BoP

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Make Biometric Crystal Alloy Not BoP

Mikeydecoy
02.14.2012 , 02:41 PM | #1
Forcing someone to run heroics for even a chance of getting one to make Rakata reusables, and then having to get 2 more if you want the "set", is absurd.

Either make it not BoP so I can buy them, or make a way to obtain it via PvP.

I'm not looking to hear if any diehard carebear tells me that my idea is bad for x reason, because it doesn't pertain to you and you should have no say in it. I'm also not looking to hear "TOR is a story driven PvE game with a PvP minigame" because I don't care and it doesn't matter how you play the game, it matters at least in the business sense that Bioware can accommodate the 2 biggest customers who the game is advertised for, PvEers and PvPers.

There is no reason to limit it to PvE because frankly you should realize not everyone wants to PvE. And don't tell me that whether you agree it should be more available I should do it anyway. I'm not sinking time without a guarantee of getting one, having to form a group and run through the instance in PvP gear and a PvP spec.

I've had a plethora of complaints about the game but I'm not one to cry about things or ragequit, clearly I am still playing. In spite of the fact that my AoE stun doesn't function, all my gear is stacked with useless accuracy, and Surge got nerfed, I still can enjoy the game.

But adding on top the fact that neckbeards who can and want to devote enough time for and enjoy PvE on top of PvP should get a boost in PvP simply because they can get a use out of their Crew Skill, which should inherently be usable by anyone who has it maxed, is downright terrible.

Rebeldad
02.14.2012 , 03:01 PM | #2
I just read up to the carebear thing. Whom are you calling a carebear? your the one wanting stuff made easier for you. Seems to me you might be the carebear here.

cyvaris
02.14.2012 , 03:02 PM | #3
Well if you don't want to bother with a good 1/2 of the end game you could use the lower level Biochem reusables, you know the ones that don't require PvE mats.

Qilz
02.14.2012 , 03:04 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Mikeydecoy View Post
I've had a plethora of complaints about the game but I'm not one to cry about things .
Really? Your entire post is a cry about not wanting to do PvE but still wanting the instance and raid drop to craft. Sorry, you'll have to leave the fleet. It's ok, it's not that bad out there.

Yamirashi
02.14.2012 , 03:13 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Qilz View Post
Really? Your entire post is a cry about not wanting to do PvE but still wanting the instance and raid drop to craft. Sorry, you'll have to leave the fleet. It's ok, it's not that bad out there.
I'm with the OP. Some people don't LIKE to do PVE. Can I? Yes, but with the ridiculously long FP's in this game I'm not the slightest bit interested. And I shouldn't be gimped in PVP because other's there play PVE and get stuff not available to PVP.

If you can't get the PVE mats from PVP, give us a similar/equivalent version from PVP. Say... Battlemaster Might Stim?

Edit: Idea, let the BCA mat be a rare drop from BM Bags? That makes it still not "easy mode" to pick up but gives PVPers a shot at getting it as well as PVEers.

nametakenz
02.14.2012 , 03:21 PM | #6
Forcing someone to level all the way to 50 before they can be a level 50 is also retarded? same logic.

Things arent handed to you

JohnnyKelowna
02.14.2012 , 03:30 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Yamirashi View Post
I'm with the OP. Some people don't LIKE to do PVE. Can I? Yes, but with the ridiculously long FP's in this game I'm not the slightest bit interested. And I shouldn't be gimped in PVP because other's there play PVE and get stuff not available to PVP.

If you can't get the PVE mats from PVP, give us a similar/equivalent version from PVP. Say... Battlemaster Might Stim?

Edit: Idea, let the BCA mat be a rare drop from BM Bags? That makes it still not "easy mode" to pick up but gives PVPers a shot at getting it as well as PVEers.

FINE If you want PvE gear from PvP than I want PvP gear from PvE. Why should I get pummelled by BMs over and over again to get my PvP gear?? You think that's fun? Give me a way to get the best PvP gear without having to PvP.

or are you a hypocrit... *squint*

_Zorth_
02.14.2012 , 03:31 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by nametakenz View Post
Forcing someone to level all the way to 50 before they can be a level 50 is also retarded? same logic.

Things arent handed to you
He isn't asking for anything to be handed to him, He's asking for another way to obtain it. He doesn't like doing PvE, He wants to get BCA another way other than to go find a group, do a flashpoint then roll for the item.

Let's switch the scenario, If the BCA dropped from champion bags. Would that be fun for you?.. (Assuming you are a PvE player). And if you asked for another way to obtain the BCA other than having to grind PvP matches, Would you like being called a noob that wants the game to hand stuff out to him?
The Red Eclipse
Best Player World Wide
..Greedo shot first

_Zorth_
02.14.2012 , 03:32 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by JohnnyKelowna View Post
FINE If you want PvE gear from PvP than I want PvP gear from PvE. Why should I get pummelled by BMs over and over again to get my PvP gear?? You think that's fun? Give me a way to get the best PvP gear without having to PvP.

or are you a hypocrit... *squint*
He didn't say that, He said that there should be a way for PvP'ers to get BCA without having to PvE. I dont know where you got the gear from..
The Red Eclipse
Best Player World Wide
..Greedo shot first

Yamirashi
02.14.2012 , 03:36 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by _Zorth_ View Post
He isn't asking for anything to be handed to him, He's asking for another way to obtain it. He doesn't like doing PvE, He wants to get BCA another way other than to go find a group, do a flashpoint then roll for the item.

Let's switch the scenario, If the BCA dropped from champion bags. Would that be fun for you?.. (Assuming you are a PvE player). And if you asked for another way to obtain the BCA other than having to grind PvP matches, Would you like being called a noob that wants the game to hand stuff out to him?
This, thank you.

I never said I wanted something handed to me, I never said I wanted an easier way to do something. I'm just saying Stims and Adrenals are useful in PVP as well. Do I have to have a Rakata version? No, Rakata is the PVE stuff, I know that. But PVP guys need something for 50 WZ's too and the level 48 stuff doesn't compare to the Rakata or Exotech either one, for good reason. But we get lvl 50 gear progression from PVP and we should also have SOME way of obtaining craftable and reusable consumables from the PVP game as well.

Rakata Stims are already Biochem only, why limit it to PVE only as well? Just seems overly restrictive. Change the Rakata name and give us a way to get the mats from PVP or just give us another set of craftables and make the mats only be obtained from PVP.