Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Wow, some of you guys are WAY wound up over WZ leavers

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Wow, some of you guys are WAY wound up over WZ leavers

Thuull
02.14.2012 , 01:50 PM | #1
Got a chuckle out of this last night.

I'm a firefighter. I was WZing last night and, for the first time since the game went live, I quit a WZ...because my fire pager went off.

I got home a couple hours later, hopped on game to wind down some from the call before bed. I have 2 in game emails from some guy just completely flipping his lid at me for leaving that warzone. Then I get a /whisper from him.

I mean, seriously? Do some of you guys care so much about this issue that you are ragestorming every single person who leaves a WZ?

KilmarFyrewynd
02.14.2012 , 01:55 PM | #2
I am one of those who hates people leaving WZs. You are a bad... Actually, yours is one of the best reasons and I have to admit I can't argue with that excuse.

Also, I want to thank you and other firefighters for keep people like me safe. As someone who lives in NYC and worked 1 block away from WTC during 9/11, I have full appreciation of firefighters and a first hand knowledge of the sacrifices you make.

Thuull
02.14.2012 , 02:01 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by KilmarFyrewynd View Post
Also, I want to thank you and other firefighters for keep people like me safe. As someone who lives in NYC and worked 1 block away from WTC during 9/11, I have full appreciation of firefighters and a first hand knowledge of the sacrifices you make.
Eh, I appreciate that but can't really own up to it =) I've only personally been doing it for a couple of years, and never been really hard pressed in anything I've done to date. Put out some house fires, cleaned up some accidents, not yet had to deal with any kind of confirmed entrapment or that sort of thing *knock on wood*.

I'll accept the thanks on behalf of those of us out there, mostly the inner city guys, who see lots of fire and do "the job" 8 hours a day every day. Me, I sit around at home and play SWTOR til the pager goes off =)

schwiz
02.14.2012 , 02:03 PM | #4
I just laugh at these idiots they are missing out on tons of valor/xp/creds by leaving and usually we do better w/o them anyways. Example, today in voidstar we started out on defense, did fairly well held the first door for about 3 minutes and then the other team placed the bomb and instantly 3 people left. Kept on playing and held them back they maybe scored 4 points or so and then our team made it all the way to the datacore. Happens all the time, so I could usually care less when people leave. Also, you can't forget the client is highly unstable and half the time I'm sure people are crashing/dcing/bugged out so I don't hold it against anyone.

cycao
02.14.2012 , 02:04 PM | #5
you have a good reason, a really good one. People are made when they rage quit when loosing. People sending emails out though is just plain retarded.

DomingoDarkrage
02.14.2012 , 02:06 PM | #6
There are 2 types of Warzone leavers:

1: the one who leaves because they believe that they can better spend their time re-queing for another warzone for a win, and leaves to attempt to do so.

2: the one who leaves for a good reason: internet crashes, CTD, emergency, wife is scantily clad, etc.

However, unless person 2 is able to inform their group why they are leaving (which is really not typical), all members of the WZ will think that person 2 is actually person 1.

If they pester you, just inform them what happened. If they keep pestering, that is why we have a /ignore command in game. Sometimes i wish we had that in real life too.

However, i hope a deserter debuff makes its way into the game.

Dahoff
02.14.2012 , 02:07 PM | #7
Wow an in-game email and he messaged you when he got on? Psycho...

You had better check your locks when you get home Thuull.
INFANTRY - Ajunta Pall
Igotyoubro Beans - 50 Bromando Combat Medic
Franksn Beans - 13 Jedi Sage

Khanic
02.14.2012 , 02:15 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by DomingoDarkrage View Post
There are 2 types of Warzone leavers:

1: the one who leaves because they believe that they can better spend their time re-queing for another warzone for a win, and leaves to attempt to do so.

2: the one who leaves for a good reason: internet crashes, CTD, emergency, wife is scantily clad, etc.

However, unless person 2 is able to inform their group why they are leaving (which is really not typical), all members of the WZ will think that person 2 is actually person 1.

If they pester you, just inform them what happened. If they keep pestering, that is why we have a /ignore command in game. Sometimes i wish we had that in real life too.

However, i hope a deserter debuff makes its way into the game.
I have to agree here, there are 2 types of people. Those like Thuull who have a legitimate reason to leave and those who just leave because the second someone scores 1 point, the game is an auto lose in their mind. Oh well...also Thuull just send him a message back stating that if he can't play one person down, he needs to l2p...isn't that what everyone else does around here >_>

Hajizan
02.14.2012 , 02:18 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Thuull View Post
Got a chuckle out of this last night.

I'm a firefighter. I was WZing last night and, for the first time since the game went live, I quit a WZ...because my fire pager went off.

I got home a couple hours later, hopped on game to wind down some from the call before bed. I have 2 in game emails from some guy just completely flipping his lid at me for leaving that warzone. Then I get a /whisper from him.

I mean, seriously? Do some of you guys care so much about this issue that you are ragestorming every single person who leaves a WZ?
Most adults would never start an event while on call or knowing that they would not be able to complete an event, doing otherwise is just rude.

Dahoff
02.14.2012 , 02:21 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Hajizan View Post
Most adults would never start an event while on call or knowing that they would not be able to complete an event, doing otherwise is just rude.
On an OPs run I could see this applying but for a warzone? Get over yourself.
INFANTRY - Ajunta Pall
Igotyoubro Beans - 50 Bromando Combat Medic
Franksn Beans - 13 Jedi Sage