Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ilum Valor Farming

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Ilum Valor Farming

Madslane
02.14.2012 , 01:48 PM | #1
Got a character on my server, which I think is farming valor. I guessing he has two accounts as the only time I see the 14 rep there is when he is there.

What's happening is he'll take the Rep base, kill the rep. Then rep will take base, and he will kill it. Rinse and repeat or something along those lines. The rep base switches sides nearly non-stop. Wondering if anyone noticed if you killed an enemy player and they (or you) did an objective you would get honor even if they were recently killed.

Otherwise, I have no idea why he's doing what he's doing.

Cruxe
02.14.2012 , 01:50 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Madslane View Post
Got a character on my server, which I think is farming valor. I guessing he has two accounts as the only time I see the 14 rep there is when he is there.

What's happening is he'll take the Rep base, kill the rep. Then rep will take base, and he will kill it. Rinse and repeat or something along those lines. The rep base switches sides nearly non-stop. Wondering if anyone noticed if you killed an enemy player and they (or you) did an objective you would get honor even if they were recently killed.

Otherwise, I have no idea why he's doing what he's doing.
Probably to get the 200% defender buff on whoever is doing the killing.
This is not the droid you're looking for.

Quote: Originally Posted by Makar View Post
I used to shoot arrows into completely different dimensions, until bizarro me took an arrow to the knee.

Beddo
02.14.2012 , 01:50 PM | #3
That's kind of how it works. If he is an opposing faction then kill him or the base owners.

People tend to flock to Central which might explain why nobody is defending their base. If you are on Illum, and not doing your Daily/Weekly then you are farming valor. That's the whole point of being on Illum.
Philo Beddoe - Sentinel
Infinity Squadron
Keyboard Masher

Madslane
02.14.2012 , 01:53 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Cruxe View Post
Probably to get the 200% defender buff on whoever is doing the killing.
Ya, but wouldn't he get the message "has been recently killed and is not currently worth valor."

I'm trying to figure out why he will does this non-stop as long as you don't keep killing him.

Cruxe
02.14.2012 , 01:55 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Madslane View Post
Ya, but wouldn't he get the message "has been recently killed and is not currently worth valor."

I'm trying to figure out why he will does this non-stop as long as you don't keep killing him.
Death clears that, I believe. As long as he is dieing between kills I don't think you can get that notice.
This is not the droid you're looking for.

Quote: Originally Posted by Makar View Post
I used to shoot arrows into completely different dimensions, until bizarro me took an arrow to the knee.

Madslane
02.14.2012 , 01:56 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Cruxe View Post
Death clears that, I believe. As long as he is dieing between kills I don't think you can get that notice.
So, he kills the 14 rep. Then he has the 14 rep kill his 50 imp, then he comes back and kills the 14 rep. Rinse and repeat? He's doing this solo, and you can just sit back and watch him do it.

When you do watch him he never dies. It's just switching which one has the base.

Kyuuu
02.14.2012 , 02:15 PM | #7
probably gona get hated for this but, Valor needs to be removed from ilum to prevent farming, Valor was ment to be obtained from playing PVP not stand there and farming it it on Ilum.

Or better yet remove the bonus from it it and only get 20 per kill which in turn make pvping the only way to get it which is how it should be.

I also think Ilum daily/weeklys should be done in WZ query so it easyier to be finish haveing this done in wz control environment is better idea