Surge Nerf Theory Crafting

Rehsals

At first I was raging about the nerf, then I stopped and looked at the actual damage decrease.

Before Patch:

Surge: ~85%

After Patch:

Surge: ~75%

Now let's see how much I am affected.

Base Damage(Before Crit):

Before Patch:

Crit Damage = 2500 x 1.85 = 4625

After Patch:

Crit Damage = 2500 x 1.75 = 4375

Difference = 4625 - 4375 = 250

I don't have (and can't find) the numbers I had before the patch when I would pop all of my cooldowns.

If I find them I'll post the Before and After data here.

Edited by Rehsals

This nerf is single handedly making me want to quit this game, i was critting for over 5k before now i cant even hit 4.4k, something is broken not sure what it is but this nerf was entirely to much, (or glitched to to much).

SURGE CANNOT SCALE LIKE THE OTHERS it is only active like 50% of the time, so it should not be on the same scale as the others.......... Or it would actually be the WORST stat.

This nerf is single handedly making me want to quit this game, i was critting for over 5k before now i cant even hit 4.4k, something is broken not sure what it is but this nerf was entirely to much, (or glitched to to much).

SURGE CANNOT SCALE LIKE THE OTHERS it is only active like 50% of the time, so it should not be on the same scale as the others.......... Or it would actually be the WORST stat.

Welcome to the snipers/gunslingers world.

The cap for surge when fully buffed with adrenals/relics is now 80%, which is down by over 20%. This is more of a PVE nerf than a PVP one, due to the fact that content was too easy in Hard Modes. The overall dps of everyone in the group is now down drastically, which will result in more rage timers being hit.

UMM wow this is exactly why it needs a nerf you should not be hitting with 100% effectiveness 4k+ or more at will.. @ 5k this is nearly half someones health .. you should never have 2 or 3 hit kills ..

UMM wow this is exactly why it needs a nerf you should not be hitting with 100% effectiveness 4k+ or more at will.. @ 5k this is nearly half someones health .. you should never have 2 or 3 hit kills ..

Why add 5k damage medals then?

And 5k health is maybe 1/3 of someones health in normal 50 WZ's.

If you're a level 50 and you have less then 15k health, you're doing it wrong.

The patch notes don't say anything about an 80% cap :/

They said they rebalanced the diminishing returns to behave like others, (eg. not as sharp) so it should have been a decrease in damage for mid-range surge specs, but the same for high surge specs.

But if there's a stealth cap insert then that really sucks.

Lolwut? 5k is about a third of a poorly-geared 50's health

Why add 5k damage medals then?

And 5k health is maybe 1/3 of someones health in normal 50 WZ's.

never said never hit for 5k .. it should be an achievement .. which is rewarded with a medal.. should not be a hit every hit guaranteed.. should be rare hence why you would get a medal for it..

never said never hit for 5k .. it should be an achievement .. which is rewarded with a medal.. should not be a hit every hit guaranteed.. should be rare hence why you would get a medal for it..

So medals should be rewarded for luck and not skill?

You're making 0 sense.

If I set up to deal the most damage I can and I can't hit a 5k crit with relics and other cooldowns on a light armor enemy how am I supposed to even get the 5k crit medal?

Wait for a Jugg to sunder armor?

Edited by Rehsals

Ohh so everyone who is level 50 starts out with full BM gear huh.. wow wheres my free got to level 50 gear, ohh wait I cant use it anyways until im 60 valor ... ohh when you hit 50 does valor instantly grow to 60 aswell... man i got ripped off when I hit level 50.

and most people ive seen are between 14k and 15k health.. anyone over 15k is the e-peeners we all just cant be that leet .

Ohh so everyone who is level 50 starts out with full BM gear huh.. wow wheres my free got to level 50 gear, ohh wait I cant use it anyways until im 60 valor ... ohh when you hit 50 does valor instantly grow to 60 aswell... man i got ripped off when I hit level 50.

and most people ive seen are between 14k and 15k health.. anyone over 15k is the e-peeners we all just cant be that leet .

Lmao, it's not hard to get 15k health. You don't need BM gear for that. BM gear should put you around 16.5-17k health.

Are you even playing the same game as me?

Edited by Rehsals

Simple English !!! Medals should be reward for achievements!!! just clicking a button is not an achievement..

Yes some luck is involved but you need to work it up as well using what you got to improve your chance for that big hit.. which is a 1 off.... NOT EVERY HIT .. gosh how much more do i need to draw it out for you..

No, he's right. If you have less than 15k health, you better be a new 50. It shouldn't take you longer than a week to hit it.

LOL 5k to 4.4k gonna make u quit. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Last time I checked, even with the least endurance on enhancements mods (18 vs 28), when in nearly full champ gear YOU HAVE 15K HP MINIMUM.

And Champ gear is hard to get right ? nope, in a weak tops you're in full champ gear nowadays rofl

You could even get Columni gear with that given how easy are normal mode raids (and Columni gear has like +20 or was it +30 ? Endurance compared to Champ gear) :rolleyes:

Try harder

Bottom line: for classes like jugg and mara which always have at least one ability guaranteed to crit (with the setup) 100% of the time, this nerf sucks hard, resulting in about 350 damage minimum lost, without taking into acount armor and other damage reducing abilities...

BioNerf should delete the 5K damage medal altogether.

Simple English !!! Medals should be reward for achievements!!! just clicking a button is not an achievement..

Yes some luck is involved but you need to work it up as well using what you got to improve your chance for that big hit.. which is a 1 off.... NOT EVERY HIT .. gosh how much more do i need to draw it out for you..

Do you read anything you or I type?

I'm not saying that someone should hit for 5k every time either. I'm saying that if I'm fighting someone and I pop every cooldown I have while going through my rotation (which allows for max damage output), as an assassin, I should be able to hit for 5k.

And if you want to talk about medals being an achievement....

Guarding a player = no skill involved.

75k damage dealt = no skill involved.

75k healing = no skill involved.

The Civil War WZ

Standing at a node getting defender points for the 1k and 3k defender medals = no skill.