Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

dps stop QQing about healer/tank medals

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
dps stop QQing about healer/tank medals

Boshlord
02.14.2012 , 11:55 AM | #1
I'm sick and tired of seeing threads about how many medals people think they deserve. I will list out mostly all the medals and who is likely to get them and who isn't. The fact is no matter what you play you can get 8 or more medals rather easy

2.5K single heal (healers/biochems with med packs)
5k single heal (lucky healers with surge adrenalene)
75K heals (healer and some dps/heal ac)
300K heals (healers who are moderatly geared/skilled)
1 v 1 kill (dps/tanks rarely a healer can pick one of these up on a low life stragler)
Killing blow (every class should get 1 per game but healers are still least likly due to not constantly dpsing)
10 kills (everyone should I've never had a time where stunning/knocking back was a worst idea then throwing a quick heal)
25 kills (tanks/dps and rarely a healer)
2.5K single hit (tanks/dps rarely healers)
5K single hit (rarely dps)
75K damage (dps good tanks/healers)
300K damage (dps)
2.5K protection single life (tanks only)
5K protection (tanks)
10K protection single life (tanks)
50K protection (tanks)
So honestly of those 15 that apply to any wz dps have access to 8 and 9ish situational and healers and tanks have about 8-10 on good runs so no one should really be complaining if they can't get XYZ medals...

Saatch
02.14.2012 , 12:48 PM | #2
Agreed.

I'm a healing merc, and when I'm spamming heals and the enemy forgets to kill me, I can maybe do 200k if I'm in the right situation, I think 250 is my record. I've only seen one merc on our server who can pop 300k. I really wish they had a 150k healing medal, for purely selfish reasons. Honestly, if I'm doing that, I'm not getting any other medals, really.

I may need to l2p, of course. I'm open to feedback.

6 medals is a really good battle for me, usually Voidstar affords me DFA and healing opportunities so I can get some of the damage/kill medals. But I don't see healers needing any less medals, that's for sure.

And I'd like to personally give any tank who protects me or gets a guy off me a medal. I'd pin it on your damn chest myself if I could.

Roak
02.14.2012 , 12:49 PM | #3
medal system sucks, it promotes selfish player over objectives /thread
things need to change
We have some of the most experienced PvP developers in the world on this teamô
~
You have no play time.

shinobitsn
02.14.2012 , 12:52 PM | #4
Yeah, I'm not concerned about healing/tank medals as an Assault Commando. The only healing medal I get on a regular basis is for the 2.5k heal, usually cast on myself. If I wanted healing medals, I'd be a Combat Medic.
Livari 50 Combat Medic - Mandalore the Indomitable
Negrath 50 Sith Assassin - Space Slug
Ezekial - Imperial Operative - Space Slug

unclekaula
02.14.2012 , 12:53 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Roak View Post
I like it. I'll farm my 3 guard medals as a dps jug in the wrong form. Why? Because I'm selfish and dont care about the objectives.
Flyboy Shaquandra - BM Pyro Merc - Keller's Void <RogueFive>
Flygirl China - War Hero Rage Jug - Keller's Void <Scum and Villainy >
LatoyaJackson The Merciless - BOSS Sorc - Keller's Void <Evil Bastards>

Rokurion
02.14.2012 , 12:58 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Saatch View Post
Agreed.

I'm a healing merc, and when I'm spamming heals and the enemy forgets to kill me, I can maybe do 200k if I'm in the right situation, I think 250 is my record. I've only seen one merc on our server who can pop 300k. I really wish they had a 150k healing medal, for purely selfish reasons. Honestly, if I'm doing that, I'm not getting any other medals, really.

I may need to l2p, of course. I'm open to feedback.

6 medals is a really good battle for me, usually Voidstar affords me DFA and healing opportunities so I can get some of the damage/kill medals. But I don't see healers needing any less medals, that's for sure.

And I'd like to personally give any tank who protects me or gets a guy off me a medal. I'd pin it on your damn chest myself if I could.
If I solely focus on healing 300k (in full champ) is no longer the slightest issue for me assuming there is 300k to heal. Usually I try for the 75k and 25kills medals and sacrifice healing down to 200-250k or on a really good match I'll still hit 300k.

As of now, I have been consistently hitting 5 medals, and up to 8 medals if I am in a pre-made or we are just rolling the other team.

medals I can earn if I do well:
2.5k heal
5k heal (requires stacking buffs/adrenal/expertise spawn and I only recently started getting this one)
75k damage
300k healing
75k healing
10 kills
25 kills
killing blow

I can only earn a solo kill if, like the op said, I get lucky. I CAN get them, but it takes so long that it usually gets interrupted. I have tried for the 2.5k damage medal but it doesn't seem to be working out just yet.

Edit: I just wanted to add that as a healer for the longest time it was impossible for me to be a decent healer while earning over 4~ medals.

Araudry
02.14.2012 , 01:00 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Roak View Post
+1

for pure dps class they will never get 6 medals(heal/prot) if anyone think thats fair play lol..

anyways when i see my dps class i do less dps than sorc.. sorc are first dps/heal in wz
how come a healer can outdps a pure dps class and do a lot of heal thats a joke

Cromica
02.14.2012 , 01:05 PM | #8
Just roll a shadow you can get every medal except the 75k - 300k healing and 50k defense.
I am only level 36 and I get a minimum of 10 medals in every WZ.

Undorett
02.14.2012 , 01:06 PM | #9
I play a DPS, but I think healers should earn kill count medals for kills made by the people they have healed in the last say 10-15 seconds. They obviously contributed to that kill even though it wasn't in damage. I also believe they need to add objective medals that everyone working for the objective can obtain for each WZ (especially huttball).

I have been using the SFW item since Saturday when someone told me about it. I was happy it gave extra medals, but really the thing was pretty epic for just healing up between quests in Ilum or after any hard fought fight. It just lowered downtime when soloing, and I will miss that.

Aerullia
02.14.2012 , 01:07 PM | #10
Medpacks don't give healing medals.