Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Change that must be made soon in order to keep PvP players from leaving from boredom.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Change that must be made soon in order to keep PvP players from leaving from boredom.

dhazelwood
02.14.2012 , 11:52 AM | #1
We need 8 Man Premade Rated Warzones (Must be cross Server otherwise all the light & standard servers will have no competitive pvp scene and everyone will leave.)

We need more content for PvP, not in terms of more warzone, but in a competitive bracket that allows us to compete with the best players in the game. I don't want to be in 8 man premades just to stomp pugs on my server... I want 8 man premades that compete against the best guilds on other servers. Right now Cho Mai has 2 pvp guilds, one on empire and one on republic. The Empire guild can get together 2 8 man premades and the republic side can muster one. To put it lightly competitive PvP on a standard server would be extremely limited not to mention the que times would be in terms of hours.

Please Bioware allow me to fulfill my competitive drive. I don't want to keep smashing pugs with no expertise. I want to play the best players with the best gear without having to re-roll to a heavy pop server and loose battle-master and all the gear I've had to farm over the last 2 1/2 months (unlike those on high pop servers that where able to exploit to battle-master in two hours.).

Give us 8 man premade rated cross server warzones or never see PvP flourish in SWTOR.
Ohhh Hurro prease.

Pistols
02.14.2012 , 11:54 AM | #2
We don't need more content thrown on top of broken content.

MiaRB
02.14.2012 , 11:54 AM | #3
seems like most of the things you are asking for are coming in v1.2.
can't wait for this game to come out!

dhazelwood
02.14.2012 , 11:56 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Pistols View Post
We don't need more content thrown on top of broken content.
I'm not asking for new wz's I just want the option to do rated 8 man premades that que cross server. The rating system doesn't have to be perfect, but we are hemorrhaging pvp players because they are getting bored stomping pugs with no expertise.

Quote: Originally Posted by MiaRB View Post
seems like most of the things you are asking for are coming in v1.2.
All they have said is you will be able to rate yourself against other players... Nothing about cross server pvp or 8 man premades. From all we know is it will use your medal production in game to rank you against other players on your server... which to say the least will be lame.
Ohhh Hurro prease.

Pistols
02.14.2012 , 12:05 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by dhazelwood View Post
I'm not asking for new wz's I just want the option to do rated 8 man premades that que cross server. The rating system doesn't have to be perfect, but we are hemorrhaging pvp players because they are getting bored stomping pugs with no expertise.
The system is far from perfect, this many know already, but the PvP mechanics need a major overhaul before any huge update to it. I do agree that this game is losing a chunk of it's PvP base, but I chalk that up to terribad development, not lack of content.

dhazelwood
02.14.2012 , 12:26 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Pistols View Post
The system is far from perfect, this many know already, but the PvP mechanics need a major overhaul before any huge update to it. I do agree that this game is losing a chunk of it's PvP base, but I chalk that up to terribad development, not lack of content.
The current wz's are a lot of fun, its just lacking a competitive incentive to keep people playing once they get all battlemaster gear. Whats sad is WoW made a terrific blueprint, they just decided to ignore everything WoW did right and focused on doing their own thing and not learning from other MMO successes and failures.

I mean really how can a MMO come out without having a /roll function or the option to invite people to group from the guild screen.
Ohhh Hurro prease.

AcerLerxt
02.14.2012 , 12:26 PM | #7
24 of our 30ish members are battlemasters; the rest are close to it. We're all cut from the same cloth-- gamers who love competitive PvP.

Our Sith competition has largely stopped queueing for normal WZ's. Stomping Sith PUGs isn't any fun for us or them. Ilum is a combination joke and disaster.

What are we supposed to say to our members to keep them interested? "Rated WZ's are coming."

The pink elephant in the room is "are they 8 man WZ's?" I mean, there's NO way BW could be so foolish as to make us queue for rateds as a 4 man group, is there?

There's not, right?

Resolve is a mess, Ilum is a mess, PvP gear progression is a mess. If the rated WZ system ends up being a mess, I'm positive our guild will disintegrate, as most move on to other games or hobbies.

Yeah, we're only 30 people-- but we're 30 of the kinds of people that play MMO's for 3, 5, or 7 years at a stretch. I'm sure the KOTOR crowd will stick around for more 4th pillar, but our subs will go some place else.

So, for us and the people like us, there's an awful lot riding on Rated WZ's. I only hope the echoes of "we're betting heavily on the re-roll game" don't come back to haunt us in the guise of even more poorly implemented end game PvP, on top of what we already have.
╬ SP€CTR€ ╬
Invitation-Only, Competitive PVP Community
Jung Ma (RP-PVP) Battlemaster Sage

dhazelwood
02.14.2012 , 12:32 PM | #8
/agree

(shamelessly bumping hoping someone of importance in development reads this and agrees)
Ohhh Hurro prease.

copasetic
02.14.2012 , 12:35 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by dhazelwood View Post
All they have said is you will be able to rate yourself against other players... Nothing about cross server pvp or 8 man premades. From all we know is it will use your medal production in game to rank you against other players on your server... which to say the least will be lame.
Umm unless I am mistaken, I'm fairly certain that in the recent 15 Question QA Bioware did, they discussed adding the Preseason of Rated Warzones in Patch 1.2. The way I see it, Rated Warzones means full 8v8 premades against each other. Did you think they are restricting this to 4v4 or something? And they also mentioned having a Ranking System for these Rated Warzones so the best teams can be recognized. Just be patient and wait till 1.2.

AcerLerxt
02.14.2012 , 12:39 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by copasetic View Post
Umm unless I am mistaken, I'm fairly certain that in the recent 15 Question QA Bioware did, they discussed adding the Preseason of Rated Warzones in Patch 1.2. The way I see it, Rated Warzones means full 8v8 premades against each other...
They did say that.

And, that's how you see it, and for the record, how I see it.

The question is, is that how THEY see it?

The fact that there's been no mention of 8 man queue sizes, even after questions were raised, is conspicuous in it's absence.
╬ SP€CTR€ ╬
Invitation-Only, Competitive PVP Community
Jung Ma (RP-PVP) Battlemaster Sage