Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Power > Surge stacking

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Power > Surge stacking

Nocorras
02.14.2012 , 01:37 PM | #41
Now where are my power/crit enhancements? What a joke.

Corran
02.14.2012 , 01:40 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Nocorras View Post
Now where are my power/crit enhancements? What a joke.
they exist but the power/crit parts is tiny and you have to take shielding with it
"No one makes a victim of folks I'm sworn to protect." - Corran Horn
http://www.twitch.tv/dixa1

Eltohan
02.14.2012 , 01:40 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Corran View Post
yo'ure right i was mistaken

it's a lot of shield, a little power and a little critical

base in the green version is

13 end
28 shield
19 power
19 crit

yeah..nobody is going to replace their rakata power/surge, power/accuracy, power/alacrity mods even with the purple version of that.

But he said he crafted them !

Maybe there are some fools that like these mods, who knows.

Sevvy
02.14.2012 , 01:42 PM | #44
they exist but the power/crit parts is tiny and you have to take shielding with it
http://knotor.com/items/626581-advan...enhancement-22
Lag *** Powertech *** Helm of Graush
Sevv *** Sentinel *** Helm of Graush
<Hutts Don't Have Feet>

Frostbyt
02.14.2012 , 01:48 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Zarthorn View Post
I've known for a while that power stacks well and it's why I never stacked surge in the first place.

I'd sooner take a clean dps boost to my min/max damage any day of the week over trying to squeeze for crit damage.

One of the biggest complaints of most Scoundrels is that they don't do enough damage outside stealth, this is your own fault for focusing entirely on crit/surge and completely ignoring power.

It's almost like people have forgotten entirely what DPS stands for.....Damage Per Second folks, as a DPS class you should always be looking to increase it and not looking to dump everything into an RNG stat that will leave you gimped outside of it.

Edit: Min/Max > RNG anyone that ever played AO will know how important increasing min/max damage was over going for crits only!
You do realize some peoples skill trees are based around crits right?. I have over 50% crit chance on my core attacks. Its not just some blue moon occurrence

Nocorras
02.14.2012 , 01:49 PM | #46
They don't exist to me because they're garbage and not worth using.

I want 56/58 Power/Crit/End enhancements.

Howbadisbad
02.14.2012 , 01:53 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by Frostbyt View Post
You do realize some peoples skill trees are based around crits right?. I have over 50% crit chance on my core attacks. Its not just some blue moon occurrence
Basically this

Bio stealth nerfed Operative/Scoundrel harder than every other class this patch because of their high base crit.
Quote: Originally Posted by Jibbie View Post
If one class can perform better than other classes in a greater number of rolls, than that class is not balanced.
You defended that Operatives can perform well, but if an Assassin can do the same things but better, than Operatives are not balanced. "Succeeding" is irrelevant.

carbocat
02.14.2012 , 01:53 PM | #48
I got BM gear now, and many pieces of BM gear have crit/accuracy on it. I just take the mods and enchants from the champion gear and put on BM gear so i get power.

But a good thing to remember is, stack only power-power/surge and no crit/surge isnt good.
You need to find a good balance between power/surge and crit surge. thats the best.

I am oprative btw

bicuspid
02.14.2012 , 02:03 PM | #49
lol christ people

this patch does nothing for itemization because as others have said you're still forced to take one of surge/accuracy/alacrity in your enhancements. there is no "stacking power", and there never was, because the best power enhancements will always be saddled with one of those stats, and the mods are main stat/end/power and aren't affected by surge nerf

even post patch, surge is still better than accuracy or alacrity for most dps builds, so in effect this patch did nothing except nerf crits all around and make rakata surge adrenal obsolete

if you were in full surge/power enhancement before there is no need to swap them out for anything new.

Zarthorn
02.14.2012 , 02:12 PM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by bicuspid View Post
lol christ people

this patch does nothing for itemization because as others have said you're still forced to take one of surge/accuracy/alacrity in your enhancements. there is no "stacking power", and there never was, because the best power enhancements will always be saddled with one of those stats, and the mods are main stat/end/power and aren't affected by surge nerf

even post patch, surge is still better than accuracy or alacrity for most dps builds, so in effect this patch did nothing except nerf crits all around and make rakata surge adrenal obsolete

if you were in full surge/power enhancement before there is no need to swap them out for anything new.
^ This

In other words, start using a Rakata Power adrenal with a Power relic without running into the DR wall when using a Surge/crit relic and Surge Adrenal.

Or you can still use the surge/crit relic just use a power adrenal instead of a surge adrenal for more benefit than you would get now with DR pretty much walling your surge figures down.

And yep 70% appears to be the soft cap.