Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Power > Surge stacking

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Power > Surge stacking

Dharagada
02.14.2012 , 12:40 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Turando View Post
Wrong, unless this is a datamining error, check out the Reflective enhancements.

http://www.torhead.com/items/catg/3/.../crit/gt/0/and
What is "glance rating"?

I've never seen those mods.

Astarica
02.14.2012 , 12:44 PM | #22
If you want to know how good Power is, use the tooltip damage because it actually reflects what damage you'll be doing (before armor), not the 'bonus damage' part. The coefficients for bonus damage multiplied to attacks is actually quite high.

As one poster pointed out, there are only 3 varities of enhancement that has Power: Power/Surge, Power/Alacrity, and Power/Accuracy. If you don't need accuracy/alacrity, this means you pretty much can only get Power/Surge no matter how bad Surge is. If there is a Power + Crit enhancement it might make sense to use that, but it doesn't actually exist. So you don't really get to stack Power without stacking Surge anyway, if the other two stats are useless to your class.

jdnyc
02.14.2012 , 12:44 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Jarvus View Post
Yeah, but in a lot of games, my last game was one such game, critical additional damage is considered good as gold because it ignores armor rating either partially or completely. Plus in pvp, especially if your target is being healed, it's burst damage that ultimately leads to dead bodies, the hard to kill ones anyway.
Or you could target the healer and not the one being healed. Interrupt and burn the healer down. Or harass the healer and hope one of your teammates kill the other guy because your attacking the healer.

jdnyc
02.14.2012 , 12:46 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Astarica View Post
If you want to know how good Power is, use the tooltip damage because it actually reflects what damage you'll be doing (before armor), not the 'bonus damage' part. The coefficients for bonus damage multiplied to attacks is actually quite high.

As one poster pointed out, there are only 3 varities of enhancement that has Power: Power/Surge, Power/Alacrity, and Power/Accuracy. If you don't need accuracy/alacrity, this means you pretty much can only get Power/Surge no matter how bad Surge is. If there is a Power + Crit enhancement it might make sense to use that, but it doesn't actually exist. So you don't really get to stack Power without stacking Surge anyway, if the other two stats are useless to your class.
The suggestion is to have power/surge over crit/surge I think. At least by me it is.

Vyrr_Has
02.14.2012 , 12:47 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Corran View Post
it's universal, fool. dont talk if you dont have a clue. MODS with power instead of crit have lower MAIN STAT than the same level MOD with crit.
They do not. I'm looking at screenshots of Rakata Force Mystic's Headgear and Rakata Force Mystic's Lower Robe right now, one has 29 End/48 WP/37 Crit, the other has 29 End/48 WP/37 Power. Power and crit are not weighted separately. You're confusing version A mods with base or version B mods.

Quote:
ENHANCEMENTS only come in power/alacrity, power/accuracy, power/surge at ALL LEVELS
Reflective enhancements provide endurance, shield, power and crit. I'm an Artificer, I make them.

Glor_
02.14.2012 , 12:48 PM | #26
Nvm..
A quand le prochain nerf agent secret?
http://imgur.com/a/kOYoO#0

Varcan
02.14.2012 , 12:53 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by jdnyc View Post
The suggestion is to have power/surge over crit/surge I think. At least by me it is.
This was already the case before the patch(at least by those that knew what they were doing). It just takes forever because I think the power/surge enhancement comes off the smug/agent headpiece.

So can we all agree the OP is pointless, and that this is a NERF to Surge and dmg in general. And that no amount of stat swapping is going to get your dmg back because you're still going to keep the same amount of surge more than likely anyway because there is NO other choice. NONE...(other than even more worthless defensive stats).

I guess if you had 400 Surge, you my aswell just take 100 off for the accuracy.

But you cannot swap SURGE for more POWER in the current game itemization...PERIOD.

Jarvus
02.14.2012 , 12:54 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by jdnyc View Post
Or you could target the healer and not the one being healed. Interrupt and burn the healer down. Or harass the healer and hope one of your teammates kill the other guy because your attacking the healer.
I should have phrased that differently: "because in pvp it's burst damage that leads to dead bodies." Hope that goes down a little better, dude

And if you're looking for the ideal enhancement mod for pvp, why not just blow WZ points on lvl 46 weapons from the PvP weapon vendor on the fleet, rip out the lvl 45 prototype-grade Endurance/Power/Expertise enchants? Granted, it's not lvl 58 or even lvl 50 but is, by recollection, about +18 endurance +something *insert your class stat here* and plus 25 expertise.

I realize expertise does have diminishing returns that drop off pretty hard but for people not yet in BM/Champ gear this might give them a bit more bang for the buck.

Glor_
02.14.2012 , 12:58 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Varcan View Post
This was already the case before the patch(at least by those that knew what they were doing). It just takes forever because I think the power/surge enhancement comes off the smug/agent headpiece.

So can we all agree the OP is pointless, and that this is a NERF to Surge and dmg in general. And that no amount of stat swapping is going to get your dmg back because you're still going to keep the same amount of surge more than likely anyway because there is NO other choice. NONE...(other than even more worthless defensive stats).

I guess if you had 400 Surge, you my aswell just take 100 off for the accuracy.

But you cannot swap SURGE for more POWER in the current game itemization...PERIOD.
This. Getting 100 accuracy is now something you might want as an operative, just for the auto attack damage. Gaining 0.4% overall damage (40% crit) going from 400 to 500 surge may be inferior to what you gain from better overall auto attack damage from increased accuracy. I'm not even sure of that though. 100 accuracy is like what, 4% chance to hit? Auto attack would have to do a bit more than 10% of your overall dps for this swap to be effective.
A quand le prochain nerf agent secret?
http://imgur.com/a/kOYoO#0

jdnyc
02.14.2012 , 12:59 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Jarvus View Post
I should have phrased that differently: "because in pvp it's burst damage that leads to dead bodies." Hope that goes down a little better, dude

And if you're looking for the ideal enhancement mod for pvp, why not just blow WZ points on lvl 46 weapons from the PvP weapon vendor on the fleet, rip out the lvl 45 prototype-grade Endurance/Power/Expertise enchants? Granted, it's not lvl 58 or even lvl 50 but is, by recollection, about +18 endurance +something *insert your class stat here* and plus 25 expertise.

I realize expertise does have diminishing returns that drop off pretty hard but for people not yet in BM/Champ gear this might give them a bit more bang for the buck.
Seems like a pretty good suggestion to me for early 50s.