Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Confused a little about gearing up....

mykaelmjr
02.14.2012 , 11:33 AM | #1
I just recently hit 50 and have been hearing conflicting answers regarding gearing up and where I should go next. As of now, Iíve been told the only way to gear up is by doing dailies. Iíve even been told that I will be doing normal mode Ops before even doing HM Flashpoints. Which is the correct method? I look at the mods given for the dailies and they are only 124 rating while the mods purchased with tokens are 126. Iíve been told that I have to be at least 126 to even do normal Ops and HM Flashpoints! You can see why this task looks daunting now.

Is this accurate? Or can you actually do HM FPís at 50 with a little work on your gear in order to gear up for Ops alongside doing your dailies?

A little clarification would be great! Also, what is the fastest way to gear up for Ops? I hear that PVP is a strong contender; however, the expertise stat is a waste in PVE.

Thanks

Giondi
02.14.2012 , 11:45 AM | #2
I healed HM BT about ten minutes after hitting 50 with another fresh 50 tanking. It isn't as hard as people make it out to be. If you quested on Corellia, you ought to have enough comms to buy a couple mods, which really ought to be enough. Be sure to pick up the daily and weekly HM FP quests so you can get the Tionese and Columi comms (and remember to loot every boss to get the Tionese crystals, I always forget on at least one boss that everyone has to click to loot if they want to get those) and you'll have some epics in a couple days even if you don't get lucky with drops.

PVP can also get you adequate gear if you do the WZ and Ilum dailies and weeklies, but you'll want to replace them as you get more PVE gear (the PVP gear is fine for HMs, and I've seen people do Ops in it, since they aren't very hard, but that gear isn't as well itemized for PVE since they take points out of other stats for Expertise).
Quote: Originally Posted by Bedwarmer View Post
Dear Dps; I assure you that you were, in fact, nowhere remotely close to "One heal from soloing it."
Every MMO forum in under 30 seconds.

mykaelmjr
02.14.2012 , 01:16 PM | #3
Well that makes me feel better. I will have to go and unlock a few of those easy ones and run them tonight! I was thinking that it made no sense that I would need to spend 2+ weeks running dailies just to get into a normal OP and then gear up in an OP just to get into a HM FP!