Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Devs, you're missing your window to save Operative/Scoundrel healing

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Devs, you're missing your window to save Operative/Scoundrel healing
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

oredith
04.30.2012 , 03:16 PM | #711
feedback from the weekend GW2 beta seems to indicate it's a good (and hard) game.

i've already lost a few guildies to it (as in, "cya swtor, i'm going to GW2" - not just "i'm gonna play both").

i expect the trend to continue, and actually, accelerate, as more competitor games come on the market. even though ToR and D3 aren't in the same genre, i expect D3 to take a good chunk of ToR traffic..
(╯□)╯┻━┻
flipp'n yo desk, like a bauss
Tankie

RuQu
04.30.2012 , 03:38 PM | #712
Quote: Originally Posted by oredith View Post
feedback from the weekend GW2 beta seems to indicate it's a good (and hard) game.

i've already lost a few guildies to it (as in, "cya swtor, i'm going to GW2" - not just "i'm gonna play both").

i expect the trend to continue, and actually, accelerate, as more competitor games come on the market. even though ToR and D3 aren't in the same genre, i expect D3 to take a good chunk of ToR traffic..
I've heard mixed things on GW2, although most of the negative has been within the TERA community. Once you move away from the locked-on tab-targeting style of WoW and into more freeform combat, going back to it is pretty painful.

A handful of my guildies are planning to drop SWTOR for D3, and most of them have participated in the beta. It's not really an MMO, but it does take up a fair amount of time and support playing with friends. The emphasis on small guild content in SWTOR (4/8/16 content, with most not doing 16) makes it vulnerable to losing market share to games that allow for small team multiplayer, even if they aren't true MMOs.
Brushing off the dust on my Assault Cannon. Time to get back in the fight.

oredith
04.30.2012 , 03:56 PM | #713
i think i'm just gonna play SC2 instead. never did pick up the game. feeling like i have time for it now.. >_>
(╯□)╯┻━┻
flipp'n yo desk, like a bauss
Tankie

Ebradbury
05.23.2012 , 05:46 AM | #714
Okay guys so I've been reading through this post for the past 15 minutes. And I agree I've just finished lvling my guardian tank. And ofcourse I'm going to roll a healer so I went scoundrel. Yes if notest that soc/sage healers are OP which I find redicausly annoying. I want to have a good healer that is both fun and great to heal with. My scoundrel is heaps fun so I don't really want to reroll sage healer as iv done the Jedi roll. I want something both fun and great to heal with instead of just fun and incapable off mass heals

Could someone please give me some closer on this.
Would be much appreciated.

Tobradex
05.23.2012 , 09:17 AM | #715
Quote: Originally Posted by Ebradbury View Post
Okay guys so I've been reading through this post for the past 15 minutes. And I agree I've just finished lvling my guardian tank. And ofcourse I'm going to roll a healer so I went scoundrel. Yes if notest that soc/sage healers are OP which I find redicausly annoying. I want to have a good healer that is both fun and great to heal with. My scoundrel is heaps fun so I don't really want to reroll sage healer as iv done the Jedi roll. I want something both fun and great to heal with instead of just fun and incapable off mass heals

Could someone please give me some closer on this.
Would be much appreciated.

Scound/Operative healers are viable in ops and PvP (as much as healers can be in current PvP since 1.2). However, Sage/Sorc can put out more HPS over any sustained fight that requires any amount of AoE healing. The reports from various healing/damage meters bear this out. (See other threads). If you enjoy playing a scoun/op, then play one. You can complete all content as one, especially since the tweaks in 1.2. However, an equally geared and skilled sage/sorc will almost always put out more healing in a 8 man and way more in a 16 man due to the scaling of their AoE.

Those at Bioware argue the sage/sorc AoE doesn't scale with more players, which it obviously does. They would argue water is dry and up is down if it fit with their misconceptions.

requius
05.23.2012 , 06:30 PM | #716
This reads like an ASPCA commercial spoof.

CaptainApop
05.24.2012 , 06:40 AM | #717
Quote: Originally Posted by requius View Post
This reads like an ASPCA commercial spoof.
That is an incredibly vague comment to make to a 70+ page thread.
"I bind kolto probes to Q, partially for the convenience but mostly for the irony"

Subterfuge legacy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Cleet_Xia
05.31.2012 , 02:45 PM | #718
Quote: Originally Posted by Tobradex View Post
Those at Bioware argue the sage/sorc AoE doesn't scale with more players, which it obviously does. They would argue water is dry and up is down if it fit with their misconceptions.
It absolutely does scale !! But it's also capabable of being a very inefficent heal in 4 man content.
~Master Telagtun Telag of Lord Calypho~

Selemnos
06.01.2012 , 06:23 PM | #719
Quote: Originally Posted by Cleet_Xia View Post
It absolutely does scale !! But it's also capabable of being a very inefficent heal in 4 man content.
If Ray Rice runs for 400 yards in a Pee Wee football game, it is terribly inefficient. That doesn't make Ray Rice any less awesome.