Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Devs, you're missing your window to save Operative/Scoundrel healing

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Devs, you're missing your window to save Operative/Scoundrel healing
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Ryemfoh
03.16.2012 , 09:30 AM | #461
Quote: Originally Posted by Amiable View Post
Rymhof is a pretty big troll on the operative main boards. He has a thread where he says that the four points required in diagnostic scan is totally justified because sorcs have to spend 4 points on shield to "make it useful." Pretty much take for granted anything he says is going to be silly.
*sigh* I don't want to sully this generally good thread with spill-over from that other QQ one. I was simply listing a number of tools in our kit which I use on a regular basis to make me better at my job as an Operative.
"Adventure, excitement, a Jedi craves not these things" -- Silent Bob

Shroudveil
03.16.2012 , 02:10 PM | #462
Quote: Originally Posted by Ryemfoh View Post
*sigh* I don't want to sully this generally good thread with spill-over from that other QQ one. I was simply listing a number of tools in our kit which I use on a regular basis to make me better at my job as an Operative.
apart from the fact that none of them work in end game.

you have never been in an operation, how can you know what we are lacking?
Quote:
Georg Zoeller: A scoundrel, for example, is capable of producing rather significant burst healing output by using Upper Hand gained from Underworld Medicine or Kolto Injection to trigger an instant Emergency Medpack or Surgical probe when needed.

Paladinian
03.16.2012 , 02:43 PM | #463
Quote: Originally Posted by Shroudveil View Post
Heck, not only don't a lot of them not work, our Stealth is actually a detriment, as the Stealth Breaker ability many of the Heroic / FP / OP champions and bosses possess has a larger detection radius then conventional agro.

It is a touch embarrassing to cloak (in the hope of CCing the rare non-immune trash mob) only to pull it *and* the next group over because you triggered a stealth break!

The teasing from the guild has pretty much died down by now, at least.

Spatzimaus
03.16.2012 , 02:53 PM | #464
Quote: Originally Posted by Shroudveil View Post
And also ignoring the fact that the Talents he was touting as giving us utility included high-end talents in each tree, meaning that most of the "advantages" he was talking about were mutually exclusive. So the part about them being tools he uses on a regular basis was just an outright lie, unless he respecs between each tree constantly. And like you said, most of those tools are useless in endgame play (Operations or PvP), which is the only part of the game where balance actually matters.

So yeah, he's clueless.

Fluhi
03.16.2012 , 03:10 PM | #465
Quote: Originally Posted by Amiable View Post
Also, why can't we do this, this would do a lot to make the class better in PvP (especially friggen huttball, it would be a nice perk to be the only healer able to sit on a catwalk and heal without worrying about charges/pulls).
You can heal in cover as a operative and are immune to charges or anything that doesn't work on people in cover. You just don't get the 20% range defense and immunity to interupts that snipers get that the shield skill provides.

Darieltis
03.16.2012 , 03:40 PM | #466
Quote: Originally Posted by Fluhi View Post
You can heal in cover as a operative and are immune to charges or anything that doesn't work on people in cover. You just don't get the 20% range defense and immunity to interupts that snipers get that the shield skill provides.
Not true. When you cast a heal, you stand up and lose the benefits of crouching. You get it again after you crouch again, but it's gone when you stand.
No, try not! Do, or do not. There is no try!
~Yoda

Fluhi
03.16.2012 , 04:00 PM | #467
Quote: Originally Posted by Darieltis View Post
Not true. When you cast a heal, you stand up and lose the benefits of crouching. You get it again after you crouch again, but it's gone when you stand.
When you are in cover (crouch) the act of casting a heal does not take you out of cover you are still in cover. It just pops you up so that you don't get the 100% cover damage immunity if you even had it in the first place but you still get the charge protection.

Metalmac
03.16.2012 , 04:33 PM | #468
Quote: Originally Posted by Tarmi View Post
Post 1.2 I think that Agent/Smug healing will be better. I don't think it really matters since the problem is not failing to complete instance runs. As stated the issue is that other healers are more effective in a group. We are already starting to see the "no Ops healers" attitude in the community. Unfortunitly as the min/max crowd decide that Ops healers are a bad choice the word will spread to the larger community.

I don't believe that bioware understands mmo communities enough to address the problem. In their eyes Ops healers can complete the content so there isn't a problem. The player base isn't interested in if you can complete the content they want to do it as fast as possible. If the easy route is to not take an Ops healer then thats what will happen. It doesn't matter to people that they can complete a run with an Ops healer if they can do it faster/easier with someone else.

Until Bioware starts demonstrating that they understand the mmo market I don't expect things to change.
EXACTLY!!

Many times even though I am better geared and have done a FP more times with success they prefer the Sage healer instead for a good reason he can do it much more effectively as he has more tools to pull it off with less stress for all doing the run.

No one at Bio Ware has addressed this issue ever!

Why should it require more talent to do the same FP for a certain class only because the design requires more talent to play.

This is a DESIGN flaw in that not enough tools are there.

Lord_Galadrind
03.16.2012 , 10:51 PM | #469
Patch notes are up.... interesting changes all around

Tears will flow....whether they are tears of joy or tears of disappointment good on BW's committment... what a mammoth undertaking of a patch

Wallach
03.16.2012 , 10:57 PM | #470
The Sc/Op healing notes are great. They weren't kidding about buffing Kolto Cloud.

The other healers may not find themselves as pleased with 1.2.