Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Devs, you're missing your window to save Operative/Scoundrel healing

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Devs, you're missing your window to save Operative/Scoundrel healing
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Pixel-Pusher
03.11.2012 , 12:08 PM | #371
A bit on the side note but, another thing I find quite irritating is the inability to sort/filter buffs/debuffs.
Not being able to distinguish my hots from fellow scoundrel's ones and having to hunt for my own secondary resource count leads to waste in resources and opportunity.

RuQu
03.11.2012 , 01:50 PM | #372
Quote: Originally Posted by Pixel-Pusher View Post
A bit on the side note but, another thing I find quite irritating is the inability to sort/filter buffs/debuffs.
Not being able to distinguish my hots from fellow scoundrel's ones and having to hunt for my own secondary resource count leads to waste in resources and opportunity.
I think they said that is being addressed in 1.2.
Brushing off the dust on my Assault Cannon. Time to get back in the fight.

Shroudveil
03.11.2012 , 07:33 PM | #373
Quote: Originally Posted by RuQu View Post
I think they said that is being addressed in 1.2.
those 1.2patchnotes must be like 100pages...
/end sarcasm

i doubt they will put a filter that will allow you to see only dispelable debuffs on your target though, and this is severy lacking atm.

as is a real hot timer on your hotted targets instead this stupid fading thingy they have now.
Quote:
Georg Zoeller: A scoundrel, for example, is capable of producing rather significant burst healing output by using Upper Hand gained from Underworld Medicine or Kolto Injection to trigger an instant Emergency Medpack or Surgical probe when needed.

Wallach
03.12.2012 , 02:52 AM | #374
I'm interested to see the 1.2 notes when they hit the PTR, but I can't imagine it'll be enough to get me playing my 50 Scoundrel again. Even if it were more effective from a raw numbers standpoint, it's such a stale set of tools; five heals (three direct heals, one HoT, one AoE HoT), a cleanse and a channeled resource regen that pretends to be a heal. It's more than a little frustrating that the Scoundrel has to deal with a relatively complex game of resource management with such basic, unimaginative abilities; the salt in that wound being that the results of performing that management properly don't even offer worthwhile results!

The entire Scoundrel class right now is just a messy hodgepodge of ideas that feel completely disjointed, and nowhere does it show more than in the healing aspect. I don't see anything short of a complete class overhaul changing the player base perception of this class, and quite frankly it's deserved.

RuQu
03.12.2012 , 09:43 AM | #375
Quote: Originally Posted by GeorgZoeller View Post
We are generally not talking about upcoming balance information, for any class, until we have finalized the changes enough to be certain, which usually means when changes are about to hit PTS. This avoids confusion and wrong expectations, but understandably causes people to be impatient.

I have acknowledged, when asked at the Guild Summit, that we determined healing on Operative can use some improvements and have made changes in 1.2 (along with changes to almost every other aspect of the game).

For details, you will have to wait until the patch hits PTS (which should be soon) for the reasons stated. Even then, I would advise you to actually test the changes on the server rather than relying on theory crafting based on patch notes, as some of the underlying rules for the game (e.g. diminishing returns for certain stats) have changed at the same time.

Disclaimer: When I state 'we changed X', it does not preclude changes to Y and Z. I did not say 'we did not change Y and Z' but neither did I say 'we changed Y and Z'. I merely made a singular statement about X, which is not to be constructed as a statement about Y or Z. Even though I just said 'we changed X', the statistical probability for the immediate appearance of threads decrying the lack of change to Y and Z has significantly increased by this statement about X. This puzzling effect is why the first rule of partial class balance discussion is that you do not discuss partial class balance.
Holy delayed post, Batman!

I think many of us, it would clearly be wrong to say everyone, fully understand that. Especially the disclaimer.

While it probably isn't possible, or wise, to publicize every proposed change, it would greatly help alleviate community concerns to hear more responses along the lines of "concern noted."

It doesn't say it will be fixed, it doesn't admit that the problem exists, and it doesn't promise change.

What it does do, is let the Community be heard and allow them to believe (correctly or not) that it will be looked into.
Brushing off the dust on my Assault Cannon. Time to get back in the fight.

Amiable
03.12.2012 , 10:00 AM | #376
We are generally not talking about upcoming balance information, for any class, until we have finalized the changes enough to be certain, which usually means when changes are about to hit PTS. This avoids confusion and wrong expectations, but understandably causes people to be impatient.

I have acknowledged, when asked at the Guild Summit, that we determined healing on Operative can use some improvements and have made changes in 1.2 (along with changes to almost every other aspect of the game).

For details, you will have to wait until the patch hits PTS (which should be soon) for the reasons stated. Even then, I would advise you to actually test the changes on the server rather than relying on theory crafting based on patch notes, as some of the underlying rules for the game (e.g. diminishing returns for certain stats) have changed at the same time.

Disclaimer: When I state 'we changed X', it does not preclude changes to Y and Z. I did not say 'we did not change Y and Z' but neither did I say 'we changed Y and Z'. I merely made a singular statement about X, which is not to be constructed as a statement about Y or Z. Even though I just said 'we changed X', the statistical probability for the immediate appearance of threads decrying the lack of change to Y and Z has significantly increased by this statement about X. This puzzling effect is why the first rule of partial class balance discussion is that you do not discuss partial class balance.
Georg, thank you for this. I think this is really all the community is asking for: noting that you understand there is an issue and you are eventually going to make a good faith effort to correct it. No one here (well almost no one) is expecting perfection, but the acknowledgement will earn you a lot of goodwill.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
D'artagnan - Operative
Guildmaster - Sparkle Motion - Keller's Void

Saella
03.12.2012 , 10:14 AM | #377
Cheer !!!

A decent answer to our whining...
# dev posts/replies to inquisitor/counselor boards = 78
# dev posts/replies to agent/smuggler boards = 6 (+1 troll !)

Rammi
03.12.2012 , 10:47 AM | #378

I love you GeorgZoeller. That disclaimer is full of win. By the way i thought you guys were great at the Summit. Yes we always want more but in general you gave a ton of information.

I just hope you start to focus on more ways to engage social behavior in game because right now its to much about progression in insular fashions and there is not enough open world content that people can stumble upon or help create.
Rammi Athos: Conclave
PAXIMPERIUS
Website | Recruitment Thread

Daize
03.12.2012 , 01:16 PM | #379
Cheers Georg!!!!

Daize
03.12.2012 , 01:24 PM | #380
Bump...I can quote you right ?
Quote: Originally Posted by GeorgZoeller
If we ever reach the point where every class thinks they are completely balanced and everything is great, I'll take the red pill and unplug from the matrix.