Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Tricks to throwing the huttball?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Tricks to throwing the huttball?

Zaodon
02.14.2012 , 01:27 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Axethales View Post
Clearly there are some tricks to doing this well. I think there are many people who really don't understand this mechanic - I'm one of them.

I find it very hard to do, and most of the time I'm swarmed so bad and chain stunned I'm unable to toss the ball.

If anyone has any advice on how to properly throw the huttball, with tips and tricks I'm sure many people would benefit from this knowledge!!
There is your problem.

You're running with the ball! You need to stop that.

Step 1: get the ball (either from center, or someone passes it to you)
Step 2: locate a teammate within 1 clock second of obtaining the ball
Step 3: stop and pass the ball to them: elapsed time < 2 clock seconds

If you aren't doing it like that, you're doing it wrong.

RSQViper
02.14.2012 , 01:44 PM | #22
Here's another tip: Make it so you can zoom out your view distance to max. It makes throwing 'up' a LOT easier. Zoom out and click the walkways without having to tilt the cam.

Otherwise it's basically just an AoE. Also keep in mind, if the person you are throwing to is stunned and an enemy is near the circle, they will intercept it.
RIP.
<Empire of Pound> - Vulkar Highway - Karra, Sorcerer - Healer, Guild Leader
Check me out broadcasting games for PC, PS3 and 360!

General Beta tester, <RETIRED> - CE Owner

Izola
02.14.2012 , 01:47 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by thefixx View Post
How about the NFL's solution. Your not allowed to touch the quarterback or you might hurt him. If they put that in here, then the person with the ball could run around and do what they wanted, and it's up to the enemy to just cover all the potential receivers, but don't touch them before they have the ball. and then make sure it's not with your helmet. Lead with your saber or laser haha.
Tell that to Tom Brady after meeting the Giants Defensive front 4, GET AT ME G-MEN!!

Squiddish
02.14.2012 , 01:48 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by svartalfimposter View Post
To truly slaughter an enemy team at Huttball you need vent.
1) Sneak stealthers into endzone,
2) Grab the ball, throw the ball
3) ????
4) Profit
This, forever. I took my jedi shadow friend who doesn't pvp much into her first Huttball game and she was all worried because she didn't know what to do. I said go stealth in the endzone and unstealth when someone gets close enough to pass. She got 4 scores.

Seriously, this strategy is basically unbeatable. They can't stealth scan the whole endzone.
http://www.youtube.com/SquiiddishReturns
Yes, I'm that Squiddish.
The Republic: Playing PvP as well as a Rhesus monkey since 12/13/2011.