Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Tricks to throwing the huttball?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Tricks to throwing the huttball?

Axethales
02.14.2012 , 11:01 AM | #1
Clearly there are some tricks to doing this well. I think there are many people who really don't understand this mechanic - I'm one of them.

I find it very hard to do, and most of the time I'm swarmed so bad and chain stunned I'm unable to toss the ball.

If anyone has any advice on how to properly throw the huttball, with tips and tricks I'm sure many people would benefit from this knowledge!!
Level 50 Jedi Knight Guardian - Helm of Graush
Now playing <50 Scoundrel 100% PvP leveling and loving it.

UO, DAOC, EQ, SWG, WoW, WAR, and others...

Athilias
02.14.2012 , 11:03 AM | #2
Move reticle to a friendly player, or slightly ahead of them, if reticle is red, throw it.

That's all there is to it.

Elysion
02.14.2012 , 11:03 AM | #3
Grab the ball
Throw the ball
But don't kick the ball
Hutts don't have feet

Pistols
02.14.2012 , 11:04 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Elysion View Post
Grab the ball
Throw the ball
But don't kick the ball
Hutts don't have feet
/thread

Grubfist
02.14.2012 , 11:04 AM | #5
I bind it to Shift-C and spam it like a mother****er til it goes off.

jblazen
02.14.2012 , 11:06 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Grubfist View Post
^^ This.

Keybind it and spam it. For instance, in a stun just mash your keybind and the left click back and forth.

So for example, I have it set to my shift + side mouse button. So I hit that, then left click, that then left click, that then left click. Eventually when I come out of the stun (maybe) it'll be a quick pass ftw.

SuperValkryie
02.14.2012 , 11:08 AM | #7
I will be the first to admit it's not a very intuitive system and have lost the ball many times trying to pass the ball "up" to another platform. It's a very frustrating experience at times.

I wish you you could select a friendly from your raid list and then click the pass button for ease.

jblazen
02.14.2012 , 11:21 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by SuperValkryie View Post
I will be the first to admit it's not a very intuitive system and have lost the ball many times trying to pass the ball "up" to another platform. It's a very frustrating experience at times.

I wish you you could select a friendly from your raid list and then click the pass button for ease.
Making it faceroll is not the answer. Adding a level of "skill" or experience to it is far better imo. Just take a few WZ's when you're losing and grab the ball and practice throwing it. When the reticule is red, it'll hit that surface. If throwing up, just put the reticule on the side of the ledge and it'll work.

Adding more complexity makes for a wider skill gap and that's always a good thing in pvp imo.

cycao
02.14.2012 , 11:23 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Grubfist View Post
lol thats great

MetleAntiga
02.14.2012 , 11:26 AM | #10
Targeting the throw:
It works just like a targeted AOE spell/skill.
Works good.
It's not a fail system just because you can't use it.

When:
The Ball won't throw if you have lost control of your character (mezzed/stunned)
Use your cc breaker and press throw > aim > click again.