Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

After clearing nightmare, why run it again?

Korghal
02.14.2012 , 08:25 AM | #1
There is no real reason to run nightmare mode after you have cleared it in my humble opinion. There are just not enough incentive to go through it when you can just do hardmode again. Especially since there is almost no difference in how much gear you get, (1 more rakata in 8 man?) I havnt checked but its not much from the difference ive seen.

This should be corrected imo, make nightmare ALOT harder and have the tiers make a little more difference then they do now. So the gear requirement for Nightmare is right, now you can basicly go from hardmode 4 man gear to nightmare. Alot of guilds have done just that and succeeded quite well.

This needs to change for this game to have any viability when it comes to endgame PvE operations, especially in the long run.

daexarayan
02.14.2012 , 08:51 AM | #2
In all honesty theres no point to do it in the first place. There is no incentive to do them other then the Epeen status of saying "we cleared NIGHTMARE" Hardmode drops the same exact gear and is less of a headache... Especially when it comes to SoA. My guild started doing Nightmare modes and after doing them, that is it for us. Absolutely no point to do them.

Vulgram
02.14.2012 , 08:58 AM | #3
There's no point including epeen.

"Nightmare" mode betrays the meaning of the word.

Raiding in this game is a massive disappointment.

Xothos
02.14.2012 , 09:08 AM | #4
Don't worry, theres no title or anything for doing a nightmare speed run.
Xothos, 50 Sith Juggernaut

Talorra
02.14.2012 , 09:16 AM | #5
If you are only after the loot, yeah, not much reason. If you care about progression and being ready for the next tier (regardless of how difficult or not any of it is) then staying in nightmare for the practice is good.
M'arik <Intrepid> 16-player Progression The Harbinger
IntrepidOps.com | Live Stream | Recruitment Thread | @Twitter

Zormarius
02.14.2012 , 09:23 AM | #6
You have a chance at the Timed Run Title and Nightmare has a 100% chance to drop the mount. My guild usually does everything on Hardmode than does Nightmare last boss for the mount.
Carassana | Operative | Hyrbid

Guild Master of Lithium | The Constant

Daovin
02.14.2012 , 09:41 AM | #7
The same reason you would finish Doom 2 on Nightmare a second time.

Honestly.

100%.
"They come, marching, believing themselves equal to the army of ancients that chained me. But I am not of their time."
―The Infernal One

-Arcane-
02.14.2012 , 10:14 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Vulgram View Post
There's no point including epeen.

"Nightmare" mode betrays the meaning of the word.

Raiding in this game is a massive disappointment.
^ this

Why run hardmodes when you an do all 16man nightmare content in less than 3 hours.
Arcane Nerdherder - GM of Glory Guild on Niman
PvE Completion 10/10 Nightmare 16man - Videos

Gone to Play Diablo III, SWTOR failed.

Prophetic
02.14.2012 , 11:55 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Zormarius View Post
My guild usually does everything on Hardmode than does Nightmare last boss for the mount.
Oooooh, you can change difficulty mid-op?

I'll have to keep that in mind. Soa has silly low HP for a raid boss. His fight is entirely mechanics, so this might be the way to do it.

Kaigem
02.14.2012 , 11:58 AM | #10
They probably didn't expect people to have cleared all the content through Nightmare Mode this fast. The game has been out for less than two months, and you're already asking for more stuff? There are plenty of people who haven't been able to start operations, let alone NMM, and plenty of people aren't even level capped yet. They probably could scale up the difficulty, but don't complain about lack of content, especially when plenty of the current content is buggy (I'm looking at YOU, Interrogator).

TLDR: Be patient, go level an alt.
May the (mass x acceleration) serve you well.