Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Accuracy - HM

drollzito
02.14.2012 , 07:48 AM | #1
So, since we got no DPS meters, I am asking ppl what they think about this.

Whats the accuracy needed for HM Operations ?
Right now my guild have cleared the whole Operation HM.

I am an assassin... I was rolling with 95% melee, 105% special attacks...
I hardly ever miss.... I was even considering dropping it down to 90% - 100%...

Any thoughts?

Thx

Bionixx
02.14.2012 , 07:51 AM | #2
Logic and experience from other MMOs lead me to believe that you want 100% accuracy minimum. I am not sure if getting over it is that much of a DPS increase but missing a hit, any hit is a huge DPS loss that you want to avoid at any cost.
Something, something, something, dark side.
Something, something, something, complete.

drollzito
02.14.2012 , 07:56 AM | #3
Ya... i tend to agree with you... but the thing is... I dont use much normal attack...
The 95% only goes for the "auto attack"... and i really RARELY miss it...

I read somewhere that HM Op boss hada 10% defense increase... So that would need to take you to 100% normal and 110% special to avoid misses...
But I dont think I ever missed a special attack... I am strongly considering going back to 90% - 100%

KVork
02.14.2012 , 09:05 AM | #4
I am tanking HM as a Jugg, have 96/106 accuracy (High level Jugg gear is mostly Accuracy/Defense).

Since I have basicly 3 decent atacks, Smash, Scream and Crushing Blow, last one being Special but melee atack.
It happens for me to MISS CRUSHING BLOW, single most powerfull atack i have, and in some cases it is a critical gap in Threat/DPS.
(I know, you ask for DPS not tank, but Tanks damage is stright connected to threat, and result is the same when you miss, you wont get your job done).

In other threads and guides i found several answers, but one is fairly common:

Target 98% / 108% Accuracy for endgame if you want to feel safe and dont like ocasional suprises.
Not a servant of the Force, Master I am.

drollzito
02.14.2012 , 09:51 AM | #5
which seems kinda silly don't you agree ?
I am giving up surge in order to have accuracy...
So tecnically, if I would run a normal mode operation, I would stack much higher surge...
So my dps is actually higher in a normal mode, than in a hard mode....

Kaonis
02.14.2012 , 10:06 AM | #6
If it wasn't for the fact that just about every piece of gear has accuracy on it, I would run with 0 Accuracy in PVE, as it is literally worthless, more so if you never use that basic attack.

Honestly accuracy is just 1 big cluster**** in this game at the moment.

drollzito
02.14.2012 , 10:14 AM | #7
ya.... exactly.... all my pieces are crit + accuracy...

Prophetic
02.14.2012 , 11:52 AM | #8
Itemization for end game just needs help in general right now. Seems like all DPS gear comes stacked with accuracy. All of my healing stuff comes stacked with Alacrity (which I'm sure I hate just as much as you all hate accuracy). Tank gear actually causes you to LOSE defensive stats.

It's really pretty lame.

DarthMaben
02.14.2012 , 12:23 PM | #9
It depends on class I think. As an assassin tank, I have several abilities that are melee abilities and I believe rely on the normal attack accuracy (the base 90% one).

1. Saber Strike (basic attack, no force, use when low on force occassionally)
2. Thrash (my main single target spammable damage, my most used ability)
3. Assassinate (used when target is <30% hp, better dps than Thrash but 6sec cooldown)
4. Lacerate (spammable AE damage that hits all targets in range)

2, 3, and 4 all have a chance to proc Energize and make my next Shock crit. This ONLY happens though if i actually hit the target. IMO this makes a solid case for getting your accuracy to 100% for assassin tanks.

xMZe
02.14.2012 , 01:54 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthMaben View Post
It depends on class I think. As an assassin tank, I have several abilities that are melee abilities and I believe rely on the normal attack accuracy (the base 90% one).

1. Saber Strike (basic attack, no force, use when low on force occassionally)
2. Thrash (my main single target spammable damage, my most used ability)
3. Assassinate (used when target is <30% hp, better dps than Thrash but 6sec cooldown)
4. Lacerate (spammable AE damage that hits all targets in range)

2, 3, and 4 all have a chance to proc Energize and make my next Shock crit. This ONLY happens though if i actually hit the target. IMO this makes a solid case for getting your accuracy to 100% for assassin tanks.
Only Saber Strike has 90% Accuracy. Thrash, Assassinate, and Lacerate (since they count as special attacks) have base 100% Accuracy. Next time you get a chance to check, hover over your Melee Accuracy to see that its actually 2 separate percentages.