Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SOA HM - A battle against bugs

inseeisyou
02.14.2012 , 08:54 AM | #11
I don't understand how there is no fix for all the bugs in this patch... We have to wait another week to be able to defeat SOA?

Sigh.. another opportunity for the "professionals" to "explain" to us how bug fixes work and BW can do no wrong. etc etc etc
BoycottEA.com
Because enough is enough!

Jae_Kazai
02.14.2012 , 08:59 AM | #12
Really BioWare? Still no fixes for this boss?

DLSilence
02.14.2012 , 09:04 AM | #13
We only had the deaggro happen once, and it was very obvious that people were trying to dps him in spite of him being immune. After the wipe they were told to be more intelligent, and it never happened again. The real bug we have is the pillar falling.. hitting Soa.. and the shield stays up.

SuperSair
02.14.2012 , 09:11 AM | #14
[joke]

Working as intended. They don't know how to create difficult boss mechanics so they intentionally bug out encounters to add difficulty.

[/joke]

Nipsting
02.14.2012 , 09:23 AM | #15
Wonder how many times I have to write this.

The so called random aggro is NOT random, SOA resets aggro as soon as he casts mind trap, this happens in both phase 1 and 2. If your tank can't figure out what to do, then this particular "bug" is clearly a l2p issue.

Jest
02.14.2012 , 09:29 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Nipsting View Post
Wonder how many times I have to write this.

The so called random aggro is NOT random, SOA resets aggro as soon as he casts mind trap, this happens in both phase 1 and 2. If your tank can't figure out what to do, then this particular "bug" is clearly a l2p issue.
I don't know how many people have to report that this is NOT how it's happening to everyone.

Last night we had Soa drop aggro off our tank both before and after Mind Traps, despite taunts. Mindtrap would be cast, tank would taunt.. he'd start to move towards the tank then suddenly shift to random raid member.

jHats
02.14.2012 , 09:31 AM | #17
Oh look. An original thread.

Enough sarcasm. Look. They have priorities. Why are they going to put a bug at the top of the priority list when it doesnt affect a majority of their player base?
Dump Truck
Emperium - Prophecy of the Five

Roxinius
02.14.2012 , 09:34 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by jHats View Post
Oh look. An original thread.

Enough sarcasm. Look. They have priorities. Why are they going to put a bug at the top of the priority list when it doesnt affect a majority of their player base?
eye c wut u did thar

TripleOG
02.14.2012 , 01:03 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by DLSilence View Post
We only had the deaggro happen once, and it was very obvious that people were trying to dps him in spite of him being immune. After the wipe they were told to be more intelligent, and it never happened again. The real bug we have is the pillar falling.. hitting Soa.. and the shield stays up.
No one in our raid is stupid enough to DPS a boss that is immune, so this wasn't the cause of SOA dropping aggro.

amonre
02.14.2012 , 01:10 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by TripleOG View Post
No one in our raid is stupid enough to DPS a boss that is immune, so this wasn't the cause of SOA dropping aggro.
Our first couple attempts people were trying to DPS him. After the aggro dumps, I told them to stop except when he was vulnerable, and they did, but the aggro dump continued to happen. I've tried taunting before and after a mind trap and still would have Soa dropping aggro and running to someone else before I could position him for a pillar drop. This is annoying as hell. I'd honestly rather the occasional reset because the tank is mind trapped over this, but the fact they can't just make it so he doesn't mind trap his top aggro is mind boggling.