Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ulgo's story is kind of sad

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Ulgo's story is kind of sad

ImmortalAlien
02.14.2012 , 12:38 AM | #1
Ya know? Dude escapes the dark side and all. Unites his family. Serves the Republic and becomes a hero. Saw Alderaan devolving into chaos and moving away from the Republic. Attempted to do something about it by uniting Alderaan under his banner to fight back the Empire. The rest of Alderaan turned against him instead.

Then he went insane.

With the whole storyline with Alderaan, it kind of reminded me of A Song of Ice and Fire and how pitifully screwed all the characters are no matter what they do to fix things

Nidous
02.14.2012 , 01:36 AM | #2
It's the same situation for me as it was with the Cult of Revan, Darth Malgus's betrayal/reformation, and Revan himself. I agreed with these NPCs and wanted to help them/join them/not kill them respectively.... but Bioware provides no way for these things to happen.

It's not that I necessarily agree with Ulgo supplanting himself to the throne, but I think he was right to think a house outside the influence of the Empire or Republic is the way to a unified Alderaan.
in pace, ut sapiens, aptarit idonea bello
In peace, like a wise man, he appropriately prepares for war

Ancaglon
02.14.2012 , 09:01 AM | #3
Perspective: House Ulgo hired the assassin that killed the King and caused the Civil War. It's a bit like murdering your parents and asking for lenience because you're an orphan.

Rouge
02.14.2012 , 10:19 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Ancaglon View Post
Perspective: House Ulgo hired the assassin that killed the King and caused the Civil War. It's a bit like murdering your parents and asking for lenience because you're an orphan.
Queen or her son the senator and crown prince? Or both?

Anyway, what I mostly wanted to do on Alderaan would have been an option to kill all the nobles in that mockery of a democracy. My main spared Bouris Ulgo, though, but just to anger those who were so keen on his death. A little spanner thrown in the machinery of aristocratic politics on that planet that would have needed a revolution.
Think of this: If you will play a Jedi or a Sith, now you will never get to take your apprentice to fight with you in flashpoints, warzones or raids. You will never face together any of the big end-game bosses.

Alavastre
02.14.2012 , 12:28 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Nidous View Post
It's the same situation for me as it was with the Cult of Revan, Darth Malgus's betrayal/reformation, and Revan himself. I agreed with these NPCs and wanted to help them/join them/not kill them respectively.... but Bioware provides no way for these things to happen.

It's not that I necessarily agree with Ulgo supplanting himself to the throne, but I think he was right to think a house outside the influence of the Empire or Republic is the way to a unified Alderaan.
This would be a very promising premise for an expansion, to see the story flow out different ways. You could pick a faction and follow it, but that would make the other story unavailable. Still, it would be a fun idea so you could actually pick sides within your faction and not have it dictated by the story itself.

Of course in the end, I think you would come back into the fold, there are many ways to do this, but it would be cool to see it all work out.
Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. Thomas Jefferson