1.1.3: Still absolutely no reason to roll any other healer than a Sorc/Sage

Doki

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See title. No fix. No acknowledgement. Nothing.

Oh, and the Medical Therapy Talent is STILL broken....

ya this sucks.

Bioware needs to stop nerfing pointless things like surge rating by 10% and fix broken talents for god sake. At least the other healing classes will be fixed but even then its still not on par with sage/sorcs.

Edited by D-bombz

Like ive posted before the devs are a few patches ahead of us.thats the way devs work. im a ops healer and i know the pain. ive put in tickets about this and they have told me they are fixing the problem remember that this game only been out for about 2 months and we get patches every week. that one talent is really not that bad and it doesnt stop me from healing HM or Ops. we really have to stop the complaining and making post about small matters, but i will understand that if this was our first patch since day one but its not we had 8-9 patches fixing things

one more thing i want to say. The devs are working on Patch 1.2 and when they see a problem that not real game changing that when they but out 1.1.2 and 1.1.2A and so on and so forth just relax ppl and enjoy they ride because you might miss where to get off and miss out

Like ive posted before the devs are a few patches ahead of us.thats the way devs work. im a ops healer and i know the pain. ive put in tickets about this and they have told me they are fixing the problem remember that this game only been out for about 2 months and we get patches every week. that one talent is really not that bad and it doesnt stop me from healing HM or Ops. we really have to stop the complaining and making post about small matters, but i will understand that if this was our first patch since day one but its not we had 8-9 patches fixing things

one more thing i want to say. The devs are working on Patch 1.2 and when they see a problem that not real game changing that when they but out 1.1.2 and 1.1.2A and so on and so forth just relax ppl and enjoy they ride because you might miss where to get off and miss out

I'd love to be as optimistic as you, but i'd have to disagree with you on this one.

People have given feedback to Bioware about the terrible state of Operatives/Scoundrels since the start of the Beta, wich is 8 months ago. Wether the game is live for only 2 months is irrelevant, since the beta is where these things shouldv been fixed to begin with.

These "small matters" consist of much more then just Medical Therapy.

Assuming you actually do play an Operative/Scoundrel, you should be more then aware of the horribly implemented secondary resource Tactical Advantage. Wich also needs some serieus looking at.

They have no excuse to let it run out this long.

Its just a perfect example of a rushed game. EA forces them to release on Christmas deadline even if the game isn't finished so they can make some quick money on Christmas sales.

are they really going to ignore us forever?

i mean seriously bw every single op has a grievance and we are paying customers, we deserve some kind of response. its been a month or better..

i would really like to know how u guys feel about the current state of the ia/smuggler class as a whole.

basically we need some closure

are u guys satisfied with this class currently?

if so say so and we can move on

if not and u feel we still have some healing/dps/utility issues u need to work on then tell us and im sure we can work with that.

but your silence is for lack of a better word, unbelievable.....

I'd love to be as optimistic as you, but i'd have to disagree with you on this one.

People have given feedback to Bioware about the terrible state of Operatives/Scoundrels since the start of the Beta, wich is 8 months ago. Wether the game is live for only 2 months is irrelevant, since the beta is where these things shouldv been fixed to begin with.

These "small matters" consist of much more then just Medical Therapy.

Assuming you actually do play an Operative/Scoundrel, you should be more then aware of the horribly implemented secondary resource Tactical Advantage. Wich also needs some serieus looking at.

They have no excuse to let it run out this long.

Its just a perfect example of a rushed game. EA forces them to release on Christmas deadline even if the game isn't finished so they can make some quick money on Christmas sales.

Im not saying i have all the answers and im also not saying that ops healing is the best i think there are somethings that need to be change like I.E. give us a move where our next 2 heals ether cost no energy or crits. yes we have energy problems from time to time and our aoe heal is crap compared to others but im saying understanding that what we say to what the devs are doing is a big difference. and seeing the higher Arch of whats to come they are coming out with a new raid every month new gear is being worked on now and new story lines are being made etc just looking at 1.1.3 and not looking at the game itself and having fun where you can is the problem 90% of ppl are having no game 1 1/2 months in is not going to be perfect talk to me 3 months into the game

remember games like Aion,wow,dcuo all had bugs and no new content in them and we sat on bugs and nerfs for months i think BW first mmo is moving just fine

Im not saying i have all the answers and im also not saying that ops healing is the best i think there are somethings that need to be change like I.E. give us a move where our next 2 heals ether cost no energy or crits. yes we have energy problems from time to time and our aoe heal is crap compared to others but im saying understanding that what we say to what the devs are doing is a big difference. and seeing the higher Arch of whats to come they are coming out with a new raid every month new gear is being worked on now and new story lines are being made etc just looking at 1.1.3 and not looking at the game itself and having fun where you can is the problem 90% of ppl are having no game 1 1/2 months in is not going to be perfect talk to me 3 months into the game

remember games like Aion,wow,dcuo all had bugs and no new content in them and we sat on bugs and nerfs for months i think BW first mmo is moving just fine

i would get what you say IF they haven't obliterated the burst damage of concealment spec in a single patch.

this was game breaking to sorcs? i guess so, so they nerfed concealment dps to the ground without a second thought.

healing is game breaking on operative healers? hell, we can wait 3months to fix it.

..emm no?

they simply cater to sages/sorcs cause they are way more than operatives, and operatives FIXES are being shelved to cater to the rest of the classes wants/needs.

this is why you see so little operatives and the population of them keeps diminishing.

Edited by Shroudveil

are they really going to ignore us forever?

i mean seriously bw every single op has a grievance and we are paying customers, we deserve some kind of response. its been a month or better..

i would really like to know how u guys feel about the current state of the ia/smuggler class as a whole.

basically we need some closure

are u guys satisfied with this class currently?

if so say so and we can move on

if not and u feel we still have some healing/dps/utility issues u need to work on then tell us and im sure we can work with that.

but your silence is for lack of a better word, unbelievable.....

+1

The whole silence on the issue has seen my playtime drop considerably...it's disheartening to see the class I love completely ignored...

I read these threads and range between smirking at the outrageously out of proportion rages, threats, comments, and whining (it's a video game people, get some perspective), and getting genuinely frustrated with the ignorance of gamers who don't have even the tiniest idea about how much programming is involved in a modern day MMO.

They can't "just fix" a lot of problems in this game by flicking a switch, or changing a couple of numbers. The programming involved in a game of this magnitude is almost organic it's so complex. I earn my livelihood programming for a very large (and nameless) gaming company, personally working on their flagship MMO. I will say this once, and you need to believe it: you have no idea how hard it is to change things in these games. Even the tiniest change can quite literally break the game.

These things take time and this game is BRAND new, and experiencing a MUCH better launch than any other MMO I've worked on or played.

Now, take a deep breath, remember that this isn't real life, and CALM. DOWN.

I read these threads and range between smirking at the outrageously out of proportion rages, threats, comments, and whining (it's a video game people, get some perspective), and getting genuinely frustrated with the ignorance of gamers who don't have even the tiniest idea about how much programming is involved in a modern day MMO.

They can't "just fix" a lot of problems in this game by flicking a switch, or changing a couple of numbers. The programming involved in a game of this magnitude is almost organic it's so complex. I earn my livelihood programming for a very large (and nameless) gaming company, personally working on their flagship MMO. I will say this once, and you need to believe it: you have no idea how hard it is to change things in these games. Even the tiniest change can quite literally break the game.

These things take time and this game is BRAND new, and experiencing a MUCH better launch than any other MMO I've worked on or played.

Now, take a deep breath, remember that this isn't real life, and CALM. DOWN.

you must play a sorc, if i played a sorc id be smirking too.

btw with the talent and quality of there programmers i doubt they have a hard time fixing ****

just look how fast they sht on op dps when the sorcs cried nerf nerf nerf

Edited by sMooMs

you must play a sorc, if i played a sorc id be smirking too.

btw with the talent and quality of there programmers i doubt they have a hard time fixing ****

just look how fast they sht on op dps when the sorcs cried nerf nerf nerf

This. If its "so hard to make these kinds of changes" than why was it so easy to respond to the board cries to nerf Ops DPS into the ground, yet buffing Ops healing somehow being a Herculean task?

On a side note, is this the Smooms of Bondar Crystal fame?

This. If its "so hard to make these kinds of changes" than why was it so easy to respond to the board cries to nerf Ops DPS into the ground, yet buffing Ops healing somehow being a Herculean task?

Well sadly, it is. It only required some kneejerk percentage reductions to take the edge of concealment. But it would pretty much require a complete class rework to get Operative/Merc Healers on par with Sorcs.

Being a full Rakata medic, I'm currently being more or less forced to spec dps whenever there are 2 sorcs available for our 8man HM/NM Ops.

It's disheartening. And seeing as not dropping me for a Marauder (who at least brings some group utility to the table) is merely an act of kindness (but hurts the raid overall) makes it even worse.

I'm certainly not a bad player, and I'm wearing the best gear there is - still why do I feel like a liability?

Edited by Skurkanas

i would get what you say IF they haven't obliterated the burst damage of concealment spec in a single patch.

this was game breaking to sorcs? i guess so, so they nerfed concealment dps to the ground without a second thought.

healing is game breaking on operative healers? hell, we can wait 3months to fix it.

..emm no?

they simply cater to sages/sorcs cause they are way more than operatives, and operatives FIXES are being shelved to cater to the rest of the classes wants/needs.

this is why you see so little operatives and the population of them keeps diminishing.

How come i am able to do hardmodes [as a tank] with my friend [he is operative healer] ? I don't have all purples as tank, nor does he as healer and we do hard modes rather easily.

This game is business and they are in it for money. Catering to single group and ignoring others is not income friendly.

Edited by Trineda
removed inflammatory comment

On a side note, is this the Smooms of Bondar Crystal fame?

one in the same bro

How come i am able to do hardmodes [as a tank] with my friend [he is operative healer] ? I don't have all purples as tank, nor does he as healer and we do hard modes rather easily.

You display very childish view by saying "they cater to xxx class" as well. This game is business and they are in it for money. Catering to single group and ignoring others is not income friendly.

u do realize that if every operative quit they probably wouldnt bat an eye and if 10% of the sorcs quit they would have a serious problem

(this is possibly exaggerated, but possibly true )

Edited by sMooMs

Exactly, another thing.

There have been dozens of MMOs pre-dating SWTOR, dozens of examples that they could've learned from. Yet, they didn't, they decided to make the same mistakes as 90% of their previous MMORPGs made and now they have to make up for that.

Instead of learning from their mistakes and showing how it should be done.

No, they just watch other developers run straight into a snakepit and decide to do the same.

This game is business and they are in it for money. Catering to single group and ignoring others is not income friendly.

your whole reply doesn't even begin to answer my question to you, so i will repeat:

if they nerf someone in a patch within a week because, and i quote a developer here" they kill faster than intended in PVP (the clothies)" but they dont fix the BROKEN healing of operative healers for more than 1month in a game, cause (according to your almighty intelligence you somehow magically know that this is planned for a further patch...) then OFC they cater to the masses that cried to nerf the damage of concealment and stay deaf to operative wishes (cause we are a minority).

as for your l33t 4man hardmode healing grats. now go try healing 16man or 8man hm or nm modes and see WHY we are broken:

less tank healing than mercs

0 healing cooldowns

less burst healing than both mercs and sorcs

worse aoe than sorc

no beneficial buffs to the tank

...but hey! we have stealth right?

now point me 1 thing that puts operative above merc or sorc.

i can say about merc that he has the single best tank healing of the game and the most powerful tank buffs in the game.

i can say about sorc that he has the single most powerful aoe healing as well as some really life savving moves (shield, pull)

i can say about operative that... ?

Edited by Trineda
removed quote

This may come as a surprise to you, but many of us are not satisfied with being limited to mediocrity by a grossly inferior/broken class. It has nothing to do with "maturity" or "lack of skill". Your inference that anyone who rerolls must be bad and immature is in fact just that. Edited by Trineda
removed quote

Exactly, another thing.

There have been dozens of MMOs pre-dating SWTOR, dozens of examples that they could've learned from. Yet, they didn't, they decided to make the same mistakes as 90% of their previous MMORPGs made and now they have to make up for that.

Instead of learning from their mistakes and showing how it should be done.

No, they just watch other developers run straight into a snakepit and decide to do the same.

wait you have to understand that 3 million people are breaking the game coding is really hard when you have a world of things to worry about. they have a QA team and a dev team to fixing things. they already doing things that other companies dont do I.e have a team for fixing and a team for new stuff. the fact we getting patches every week is amazing in my book and we need to let these ppl work

there nothing about ops that is "broken" the class can heal, i can heal. now do i think we need a buff yes.....do i think our hots should be better then everyone else yes, so the class is not broken. broken is where a tank cant pull aggro or a healer cant use healing moves Edited by bryzn