Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

if the OT were remade today...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
if the OT were remade today...

TheKillerCF
02.13.2012 , 10:27 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by TheLonelyTusken View Post
Lol @ Will Smith, that would be amazing.
That actually would be pretty awesome.

Flowstrodamus
02.13.2012 , 10:37 PM | #12
i figured thatd at least be funny.. at least someone found what i was doing here!
Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur.

Today is a good day for someone else to die.

Ithilwen
02.13.2012 , 11:49 PM | #13
It would be like when they changed the actress for Eve in the latest The Mummy movie... It ruined the character, and in turn ruined everything...

however... IF they did, I couldn't see Zach Efron as Luke... ever.... ... .. . ... .. .

As for Han Solo... I'd like to think that Harrison Ford could still play Han... (Having an Indiana Jones fan for a brother makes me forget how much he's aged since then...)
Huegh Jackman is a bit more ruggard looking than Brad Pitt...

Being 20 part of me wants to see the moveis re-made with better special effects, graphics and so on... BUT I also know that I'd probably hate them because I can't see anyone else as those characters, regardless of how good their acting skills/looks are.

Sorry for my spelling... It's been a long day at work.
Valkarah - Valania - Santiel
Dramorion - Onai - Ostana

valin-krai
02.14.2012 , 12:55 AM | #14
Only Billy Dee Williams can play Lando Calrissian. EVER. I don't care if it is a CGI Billy Dee done with motion capture.
Kitster is the real hero of the Star Wars saga.

mirosusan
02.14.2012 , 12:58 AM | #15
Worst post in general discussion board history, EVER?
DARTH VALL ILLUMI
FLYGIRL YVVES ILLUMI

SITH JUGGERNAUT & IMPERIAL OPERATIVE ON DE-JAR'KAI SWORD

Daederik
02.14.2012 , 07:04 AM | #16
The idea of re-casting the original isn't a bad one for discussion. You're right though, Zack makes me want to twinge.

Here's my take....just on thinking out loud.

Luke: Charlie Hunnam
Obi Wan: Kenneth Brannagh
Han Solo: Christian Bale
Lando: Dwayne Johnson
Vader: ...meh, take a big guy and toss him in a suit. I don't know.
Lea: Natalie Dormer. She may not be best for the role (probably better off playing Mara Jade if they ever went down that route).
"You move like an insect, you think like an insect, you are and insect. Take care not to fall too far out of my favor, patience is not characteristic of a goddess..." -Shodan

Flowstrodamus
02.14.2012 , 04:01 PM | #17
first off haters trolling on here this is what i picture when you post : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPPj6viIBmU

and i like the hugh jackman idea. and i know i wasnt a huge fan of zac efron but i didnt know who else to do it

Flowstrodamus
02.14.2012 , 04:02 PM | #18
also i like christian bale as han. han would be the most fun to cast, and like someone said before i wish harrison ford could still do it :/

Toonimator
02.14.2012 , 05:55 PM | #19
Josh Holloway from LOST would make an excellent Han, tho it'd be a bit too on the nose since Sawyer was very Han-like already (and made several Han-related jokes during the series). And, really, he's probably too old. Han's supposed to be roughly 30!

For Luke, they should go 'unknown' (or lesser-known than Efron--great that the guy's a big fan, but if he was putting himself forward as wanting to play Luke in the SW TV series, he's not THAT big a fan; the series would be set while Luke's still a kid living on Tatooine with nothing at all exciting happening to him, he'd have no reason to be in the series at all except to shrink the universe even more)

Funny to see someone mention Kenneth Branagh as Obi-Wan... in the mid-90s when Prequel rumblings were spreading, a lot of people were putting Branagh forward as an ideal Obi-Wan (and, predictably, some fans went too far and swore that it was TOTALLY CONFIRMED that he'd be Obi-Wan because they heard it from a friend's cousin's ex-gardener)

Flowstrodamus
02.14.2012 , 06:38 PM | #20
i completely forgot about josh holloway, thats a great person for the role. and he said hed wanna play luke before it was announced when the tv series would take place, just that there would be a live action tv series. which by the way does anyone know when thats supposed to be coming out?