Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Mobs seeing through stealth from more than 2x aggro range HAS to be a bug

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Mobs seeing through stealth from more than 2x aggro range HAS to be a bug
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Kaphik
02.13.2012 , 08:07 PM | #1
Title says it all, this cannot be intended behavior for mobs that see through stealth. How is it acceptable that I can be stealthed and be more than twice as far away from a mob that someone who isn't stealthed be and they target me and immediately aggro? This severely hampers the playstyle and the point of stealth classes.

I can understand it if they see through stealth when I am in their aggro range, but not when I am halfway across the map from them.

OmenQ
06.10.2012 , 10:06 PM | #2
I just wanted to reply to this to bump it. I was playing hard mode Boarding Party today, and this happened to our assassins. The champion mob about halfway through spotted them and aggroed as soon as they went to stealth, and they were behind me. I'm an Arsenal Mercenary, btw, so I was standing at max range, close to 30m.
Squadron 157

<Your Companion> / <Unhinged>

TimVickey
07.24.2012 , 01:00 PM | #3
I had this same problem yesterday in Ilum. I was stealthed and standing behind the rest of my group, while we discussed the boss fight. The other three members of my group were between me and the bosses. After a short while, the bosses noticed me standing on the far side of my group while stealthed and aggroed on me.

This should be considered a bug. It's been reported since February, and would be nice to have cleaned up.

mcrmorgan
07.24.2012 , 01:04 PM | #4
Is this just with boss mobs or with other mobs as well?

TimVickey
07.24.2012 , 01:38 PM | #5
I can recall this happening with bosses. I want to say I've had it happen with silver mobs as well, but could be mistaken. The three times I remember for sure it occurring were all in instances with bosses. I think it's happened other times as well, but can't attest to that 100%.

DotFreelance
07.24.2012 , 01:51 PM | #6
Were you all, by chance, actually just naked instead of invisible? Common mistake I make all the time. That could piss off the boss something fierce, like it does to my boss, and aggro them from very far away.

Yes?

Gronkaarr
07.24.2012 , 02:20 PM | #7
this only happens to me in flashpoints at boss fights. i think it's intended though

Sutii
07.24.2012 , 03:46 PM | #8 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hello everyone,

For those of you that are encountering this issue, we would kindly request that you submit a bug report concerning this matter with specifics on when and where it is occurring, the more information we have on such matters, the more likely we are able to locate and rectify them.

You are currently able to submit bug reports in one of two ways, information on how to do this can be found in the spoiler below:

Spoiler
Thank you once again for your understanding.
Sutii | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

xMansie
07.24.2012 , 03:52 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by DotFreelance View Post
Were you all, by chance, actually just naked instead of invisible? Common mistake I make all the time. That could piss off the boss something fierce, like it does to my boss, and aggro them from very far away.

Yes?
Winning answer.

OmenQ
08.05.2012 , 06:51 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Sutii View Post
Hello everyone,

For those of you that are encountering this issue, we would kindly request that you submit a bug report concerning this matter with specifics on when and where it is occurring, the more information we have on such matters, the more likely we are able to locate and rectify them.

You are currently able to submit bug reports in one of two ways, information on how to do this can be found in the spoiler below:

Spoiler
Thank you once again for your understanding.
Happened again today in Red Reaper. I'll be sure to log it as a bug report next time!
Squadron 157

<Your Companion> / <Unhinged>