Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Error 4001/9000

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Bhoo
02.13.2012 , 07:18 PM | #1
I keep having these reoccuring disconnects, and I keep submitting tickets.

And like some Kafka-esque nightmare, the Customer Service droids keep sending me copy-pasted trouble-shooting guides, and arrogantly closing my tickets.

My problem has NOT been fixed, stop closing my tickets!

I have done everything the custoemr service people ask of me: flush my DNS, turn off firewall/anti-virus, run as administrator, ensure ports 12004/1003 are open, turn off all other applications, check my memory, and repeatedly send my dxdiag and my launcher logs...

and every time I open a ticket, I get the same copy-pasted trouble-shooting guide - even though I clearly state in my ticket that I have already done all those.

Who should I contact to actually get some progress made on this issue?

This issue is affecting quite a number of people... why isnt fixing it a higher priority?

reaperkeepet
02.13.2012 , 07:26 PM | #2
BTW, tickets are broken right now so don't bother sending those. And here is a bump for CS for ya.
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth Baras
The cake is a lie, there is only pie, through pie I gain calories, through calories I gain fat, through fat my belt is broken, the recliner shal free me...

Cerimon
02.13.2012 , 07:45 PM | #3 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings Bhoo,

Firstly, please note our Customer Service ticketing system is fully functional.

As you have not specifically mentioned the following troubleshooting steps We will suggest them here:
1. Restart the game and attempt to login again.
2. Ensure that your network connection is stable. If you are using a wireless connection, try to see if using a wired connection improves the issue.
3. You may try power-cycling your router by turning its power off waiting 30 seconds and then turning it back on again.
4. If you utilise a VPN for your connection, you would need to ensure that the game is allowed to communicate through the VPN. If you are using a proxy server, please ensure that it is configured correctly in Internet Explorer.
5. If you have any third party traffic management software running on your computer, you can try disabling it.
6. The full list of ports that are required to be open is as follows: 80, 8995, 12000-12999 and 20000-30000 (TCP)

Hopefully these steps will be of some help to you.

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Branagamu
02.15.2012 , 07:15 PM | #4
I feel you Bhoo. I get every error code from 600-9000 and I've not had any issues until a few nights ago. The patch didn't fix it and I know it's not my connection because I've done what BioWare/EA suggests everyone to do and I done it BEFORE sending in a ticket or contacting customer services and it's still happening. I hate to break it to customer service but getting these codes on "It's your connection." doesn't mean it's always OUR connection services and more times than not it's the servers or some connection issue from "you" to "us" not our "personal" internet hosting services. If it were then I for one would be having normal internet issues and I'm not. Maybe it'll get fixed soon Bhoo, I know that I've lost tons of credits, etc. because of this happening during combat or it lagging out to the point I fall to my death, etc. and of course I'm going to have to make that 100K+ up myself but oh well, that is part of the game (the farming credits, etc. not the lagging, etc.).
I ride the Rainbow Colored Unicorn because Bigfoot ain't real son!! Garmage {G~Bo}
Check out www.facebook.com/therealtcor [NOTE: Read the info tab first!!]

Bhoo
02.17.2012 , 01:30 AM | #5
Did all of these new steps, and I'm still getting the problem.

I wish Bioware felt that server-side connection issues were a bigger issue than they seem to feel it is...

Creedon
02.17.2012 , 01:33 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Bhoo View Post
Did all of these new steps, and I'm still getting the problem.

I wish Bioware felt that server-side connection issues were a bigger issue than they seem to feel it is...
Same issue here, can confirm that there is more to it.
Grand Master Zym
-=FORGE=-
The Fidelis Legacy

Onyx
02.17.2012 , 01:59 AM | #7
The issue may also lie somewhere in between you and the servers. That is far more likely and shows itself as intermittent and doesn't affect everyone.

If it was server-side, you'd see be a much different number affected.

Routing issues can be extremely elusive to track down. Especially when they are only affecting some people and not many others.
Star Wars fan for life
C C X X:
1st Special Forces Group
S . A . N . C . T . U . M . . . O . F . . . T . H . E . . . E . X . A . L . T . E . D
SWG: 2003 thru 12.15.2011 . . . . . Kettemoor ~ Starsider

RobbyRob
02.17.2012 , 02:07 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by A4-I4 View Post
Greetings Bhoo,

Firstly, please note our Customer Service ticketing system is fully functional.

As you have not specifically mentioned the following troubleshooting steps We will suggest them here:
1. Restart the game and attempt to login again.
2. Ensure that your network connection is stable. If you are using a wireless connection, try to see if using a wired connection improves the issue.
3. You may try power-cycling your router by turning its power off waiting 30 seconds and then turning it back on again.
4. If you utilise a VPN for your connection, you would need to ensure that the game is allowed to communicate through the VPN. If you are using a proxy server, please ensure that it is configured correctly in Internet Explorer.
5. If you have any third party traffic management software running on your computer, you can try disabling it.
6. The full list of ports that are required to be open is as follows: 80, 8995, 12000-12999 and 20000-30000 (TCP)

Hopefully these steps will be of some help to you.
Wait.... Why do you get new info in this thread but not a single update in the "official" thread

Sedern
02.18.2012 , 09:10 AM | #9
I have the exact same problem.. I only noticed it happening since last patch though..

Bhoo
02.18.2012 , 02:38 PM | #10
My biggest bone of contention about all of this is simply that SWTOR is the only time I have these problems.

Standard browsing works perfectly, and more importantly, World of Warcraft works perfectly.

I occassionally disconnect from WoW - maybe once every 3 months - I disconnect from SWTOR 3 times a night on average.

If the problem was with me or my ISP, I would see the same behaviour in all my activities, not just with SWTOR.

Clearly, Blizzard is doing something right that Bioware isnt.