Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Uncap Champ Bags, Allow Battlemaster Aquistion while leveling

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Uncap Champ Bags, Allow Battlemaster Aquistion while leveling

Chaosmagistrate's Avatar


Chaosmagistrate
02.13.2012 , 05:52 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by SoulstitchMMO View Post
if gear is made equal across the board, there would not be such a huge massive incentive to cheat/leave in virtually every single warzone.
Too broad of a statement. Cheating will always be done regardless.

The leaving has many faucets, including the dumb daily system for battlemasters, and the fact that generally some people leave for personal reasons(life, hate huttball, etc.) I do not condone leaving, but handing out max tier gear to every single fresh 50 will probably have minimal impact on hackers and leavers/afkers until the system itself is balanced out, especially since a significant portion of players probably have no idea what they are doing once they hit level 50-that is a bit unfair, but its the truth.

A lot of games provide carrots on a stick(leaderboards, perks, unlocks, achievements, titles) If you get rid of those, you will get rid of a lot of people. My opinon on those aside, it's pretty much the truth that you need a carrot on a stick to ensure people pay the subscriptions so that the developers can develop content. If this was a pure leveled playing field, then you would get CoD:MW3 PC, BF3, TF2, CS:S, with the exception of CS, those all have carrots on a stick anyways.
"This is an innovative MMO, if you want your quests to count, if you want to abandon quests, if you want to force leap a force speed sorceror and not get "Out of Range" messages, go back to 2004. "

AetherMcLoud's Avatar


AetherMcLoud
02.13.2012 , 06:00 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by SoulstitchMMO View Post
At this point I honestly don't care any more about the stories. All 8 are basically the same exact thing all the way through.

I am trying to redeem the pvp in this game and by letting the people who want to pvp get geared up to continue pvp'ing at 50, will stop the rampant cheating, and warzone dropping, and everything else because players won't be so incentivized to do so.
It's nice that you don't care about the stories, lots of other people do though. I have a level 50 char, a level 38 one, and 6 others in their 20s (4 reps and 4 imps so I get get to see every story in the end). There are such a ****ton of quests on each planet that I still find new and interesting ones that I didn't do before with each alt I level.

Also there are always new players coming in who level their first char, want to see the stories, and also want to PVP at level 50.

Simply give us crafted expertise gear, or blue entry level gear at 50 buyable with normal commendations. That would help A LOT for fresh 50s.
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Lerdoc's Avatar


Lerdoc
02.13.2012 , 06:02 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by SoulstitchMMO View Post
When you hit 50, let the pvp be about the pvp. Not the grind. Bioware I know you guys are new to pvp and mmo development. I know you guys are only doing the best you can copying failed systems from other games, but they are fail systems.

PVP in an instanced based them park MMO needs to be about the pvp not about the gear chase. Allow those that level in pvp, step into pvp at 50 in full battlemaster so they can compete on even footing, and enjoy the pvp.

Not having to suffer through the grind to get geared out, by which point you're normally just facerolling other fresh 50s.

When the ranks start up, players will be more likely to enjoy the gameplay, instead of gaming the system to continuously fight fresh 50s.
You confused
MMORPG with MOBA.
You want MOBA, you ended up in MMORPG.

SoulstitchMMO's Avatar


SoulstitchMMO
02.13.2012 , 06:04 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud View Post
It's nice that you don't care about the stories, lots of other people do though. I have a level 50 char, a level 38 one, and 6 others in their 20s (4 reps and 4 imps so I get get to see every story in the end). There are such a ****ton of quests on each planet that I still find new and interesting ones that I didn't do before with each alt I level.

Also there are always new players coming in who level their first char, want to see the stories, and also want to PVP at level 50.

Simply give us crafted expertise gear, or blue entry level gear at 50 buyable with normal commendations. That would help A LOT for fresh 50s.
not good enough. people that want to pvp to 50, are penalized for it. they shouldn't be. if a player wants to play swtor for it's pvp, then why are people being so penalized for that at 50.

Lerdoc's Avatar


Lerdoc
02.13.2012 , 06:07 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by SoulstitchMMO View Post
not good enough. people that want to pvp to 50, are penalized for it. they shouldn't be. if a player wants to play swtor for it's pvp, then why are people being so penalized for that at 50.
There is a reason why each and every sane mmo does not allow you to aquire end game gear before you actually hit end game.

If you don't see that reason, then you are in wrong game type(MMO) and should be in a shooter or a MOBA.

MMO is like a big pizza. PvP is just one slice. Don't expect a single slice to make the hunger go away.

Aroidan's Avatar


Aroidan
02.13.2012 , 06:08 PM | #16
don't just give out the gear... but definately either get rid of the cap on commendations or get rid of the unique factor on the champion bags so we can store more of them. People who level via PvP should be able to still compete at 50. As it stands now it is possible to be a battlemaster at 50 and have only a couple pieces of PvP gear...

wingsofcover's Avatar


wingsofcover
02.13.2012 , 06:09 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud View Post
I have thought about this solution too. But there are 2 connected huge problems with it:

1. It pretty much forces you to do A LOT of PVP while leveling so you are battlemaster by the time you hit 50
2. With all the PVP you are forced to do now you get such a epic ****ton of XP that you will outlevel every planet without doing any quests besides maybe your class quests. This means you won't get to see all the cool quests and storylines, and also that you won't have commendations to buy better gear for you and your companions.
Having done all the side quests at least once, I only do my favorites and the class quests now.
Join The Corellian League HERE

Lerdoc's Avatar


Lerdoc
02.13.2012 , 06:10 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Aroidan View Post
don't just give out the gear... but definately either get rid of the cap on commendations or get rid of the unique factor on the champion bags so we can store more of them. People who level via PvP should be able to still compete at 50. As it stands now it is possible to be a battlemaster at 50 and have only a couple pieces of PvP gear...
Show me one single MMO that allows you to get end game max level gear without being max level.

Tell me logical reason why pvp should be exception, considering the fact that we even have separate bracket for 50 pvp.

Aroidan's Avatar


Aroidan
02.13.2012 , 06:12 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Lerdoc View Post
There is a reason why each and every sane mmo does not allow you to aquire end game gear before you actually hit end game.

If you don't see that reason, then you are in wrong game type(MMO) and should be in a shooter or a MOBA.

MMO is like a big pizza. PvP is just one slice. Don't expect a single slice to make the hunger go away.
Umm that is just flat out wrong. There are plenty of SANE mmos that let you aquire high end gear before you get to that high end. They just happen to not be WoW clones. Infact I would venture to say that there are far more games that don't have the requirement to be max level before aquiring the gear. (This does not mean you could use the gear before 50)

SoulstitchMMO's Avatar


SoulstitchMMO
02.13.2012 , 06:15 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Lerdoc View Post
Show me one single MMO that allows you to get end game max level gear without being max level.

Tell me logical reason why pvp should be exception, considering the fact that we even have separate bracket for 50 pvp.
GW2. There ya go.