Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Uncap Champ Bags, Allow Battlemaster Aquistion while leveling

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Uncap Champ Bags, Allow Battlemaster Aquistion while leveling

SoulstitchMMO
02.13.2012 , 05:11 PM | #1
When you hit 50, let the pvp be about the pvp. Not the grind. Bioware I know you guys are new to pvp and mmo development. I know you guys are only doing the best you can copying failed systems from other games, but they are fail systems.

PVP in an instanced based them park MMO needs to be about the pvp not about the gear chase. Allow those that level in pvp, step into pvp at 50 in full battlemaster so they can compete on even footing, and enjoy the pvp.

Not having to suffer through the grind to get geared out, by which point you're normally just facerolling other fresh 50s.

When the ranks start up, players will be more likely to enjoy the gameplay, instead of gaming the system to continuously fight fresh 50s.

Nitewish
02.13.2012 , 05:36 PM | #2
/signed

Network
02.13.2012 , 05:37 PM | #3
I don't know about letting everyone have BM gear strait out but def agree on at least eliminating the cap on wz and merc cons so people can get champ gear.

AetherMcLoud
02.13.2012 , 05:40 PM | #4
I have thought about this solution too. But there are 2 connected huge problems with it:

1. It pretty much forces you to do A LOT of PVP while leveling so you are battlemaster by the time you hit 50
2. With all the PVP you are forced to do now you get such a epic ****ton of XP that you will outlevel every planet without doing any quests besides maybe your class quests. This means you won't get to see all the cool quests and storylines, and also that you won't have commendations to buy better gear for you and your companions.
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Chaosmagistrate
02.13.2012 , 05:43 PM | #5
Not sure about full battlemaster, that might be overboard, but with the changes to the number of commendations in the Champion bag, an uncapped champion bag so you can purchase them under level 50, and store them in your bank would be excellent for people who brim with wz/merc comms. I'm sitting at 1k/1k + 1 bag bought at level 43, and I have the 46 and 42 weapon and the complete 40 set.

What I would love to see is a t0.5 set that could be crafted or expertise mods for the artificers/cybertechs.
"This is an innovative MMO, if you want your quests to count, if you want to abandon quests, if you want to force leap a force speed sorceror and not get "Out of Range" messages, go back to 2004. "

iamnoobplzhelp
02.13.2012 , 05:44 PM | #6
When I hit 50 I was already valor 44, and had maxed out my commendations by probably level 30. Remove the cap! Or have the bags/gear on the same level as all the other gear (30-60 commendations per piece of gear). Why does a <50 PVP weapon take 580WZ commendations and a champion one take 120 or so?

Need to revamp the commendation system or just get rid of the 1,000 cap altogether. I had to burn my commendations on those stupid boxes or buy a crap ton of those medic pacs just so I wouldn't "waste" my WZ commendations.
Server: Mask of Nihilus
Main: 50 Madness Sorcerer - Build
Guild: Noobz (We are recruiting!)

SoulstitchMMO
02.13.2012 , 05:45 PM | #7
if gear is made equal across the board, there would not be such a huge massive incentive to cheat/leave in virtually every single warzone.

SoulstitchMMO
02.13.2012 , 05:48 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud View Post
I have thought about this solution too. But there are 2 connected huge problems with it:

1. It pretty much forces you to do A LOT of PVP while leveling so you are battlemaster by the time you hit 50
2. With all the PVP you are forced to do now you get such a epic ****ton of XP that you will outlevel every planet without doing any quests besides maybe your class quests. This means you won't get to see all the cool quests and storylines, and also that you won't have commendations to buy better gear for you and your companions.
At this point I honestly don't care any more about the stories. All 8 are basically the same exact thing all the way through.

I am trying to redeem the pvp in this game and by letting the people who want to pvp get geared up to continue pvp'ing at 50, will stop the rampant cheating, and warzone dropping, and everything else because players won't be so incentivized to do so.

Network
02.13.2012 , 05:50 PM | #9
I don't know about letting everyone have BM gear strait out but def agree on at least eliminating the cap on wz and merc cons so people can get champ gear.

SoulstitchMMO
02.13.2012 , 05:51 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Network View Post
The difference between champ and battle isn't so great so ok. But honestly if you level through pvp and get to 50 it should not be such an uphill grindy exploiting battle.