Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SWTOR: Galaxy too advanced for it's time? (MUST READ)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
SWTOR: Galaxy too advanced for it's time? (MUST READ)

Gwal
02.14.2012 , 09:52 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Omnitheo View Post
TOR takes place at the height of galactic civilization. Following this period, the galaxy will never come close to the same level of technology. The galaxy is in for 2000 years of decline following this point, and even in the 1000 years leading up to the formation of the empire, the republic is never able to truly recover it's lost glory.
What happened? Did Horus mortally wound the Emprah or something?

Roodys
02.14.2012 , 11:45 AM | #12
This more or less explains the lack of new technology
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...fmWx3dI#t=111s

Mordin knows everything

westraz
02.14.2012 , 12:30 PM | #13
in the comics there is a comic called knights of the old republic falls about 100/300 years before the game in the comics they had ship made out of wood, ya no kidding wood! and had bio ship gown and breed, and most of the fans of the comics where socked udderley shocked of the look of the game KOTR , every thing so clean and teck and meddle... just saying
I have bad spelling do to my being learning disabled , the is just so I do not get asked "why are you spelling so bad?" and I don't wont to have to get asked 100 times, and is in NO way meant to hurt any one feelings after all.. IT is about me!

AydenStorm
02.14.2012 , 12:33 PM | #14
It will probably blow your mind to know that Wooden Ship happens about 3,000 years after SW:TOR. Or about 1000 years before the films.

Hardin_Steele
02.14.2012 , 12:35 PM | #15
From all reports this game occurs during the years 3643-3641 BBY. Check all of your sources to see where the technology was/is and compare it to what is in game now.

I'm good with it as it is. Working on flashing what companies are current at this time (found one based on Talus, Vuh'JinÍau Mining Company. hoping to find more companies in Biotech, Agriculture, etc...

Aximand
02.14.2012 , 12:36 PM | #16
No, its not too advanced. This is a society that's had FTL travel for a couple thousand years now, there really isn't much further to go with the tech.
I'm not mean, you're just a sissy.
The Orange Pixel is the REAL Sith Emperor
I don't need luck, I've got ammo - Urdnot Grunt
Remember 4/22/2011. A day that shall live in infamy.