PvP is a disaster

Electroflux

I editted this entire thread since it got outdated but some of the point still stand which I will repeat here.

Lag in abilities - It used to be worse but recently it started to lighten up a little bit. There still is the ability lag where you can use something like Force Kick, for example, to interrupt someone's spell cast. The problem is Force Kick typically won't go off until about 2-3 seconds later, therefore is not an instant cast when you really need it and because of this, you can miss an interrupt entirely while blowing the CD.

Master Strike - Channeled ability, however sometimes it shows the animation and acts as if you actually are casting master strike but the problem here is, it never activated. It bugs so you get stuck in the loop of the channeled ability but not actually doing damage, therefore you have to use an attack before this ability and THEN use this for it to work. There is other abilities that have issues like this that can destroy your PvP experience.

PvP Vendors - They are extremely unorganized and poorly thought out. I hate to say it Bioware really blew it on this one. If you filter by useable, it will still show level 40 gear when you're level 20. Level 40 gear is NOT USEABLE. Also, they mash the gear into one long list so you have to go one by one to find the piece you actually need. If I were a Jedi Guardian, why should I have light and medium armor gear in my list? I don't fricken use those and it's a waste of time!

Force Leap fails, just like Charge did in WoW. It typically never works properly if the target you're attacking is in motion or on any type of ledge. If they are on a ledge, you glitch behind them, then back to the location you force leaped from, then back behind them again. It's super glitchy and sometimes you can actually get stuck underneath the map.

Death Delay - For some reason when you kill someone, occasionally they don't die until 2-3 seconds later. So during the time you're trying to kill someone that is technically already dead, you could be focusing on something else or might even die in the process. Everything that should be "instant" in this game is usually never instant.

Republic vs Empire - The classes are mirrored on paper but not in game. Stock Strike on a trooper is not instant at all, the animation is delayed but Bounty Hunters equivalent is instant as instant can get. Full Auto, takes about 2 seconds before the Trooper starts channeling. Bounty Hunters equivalent, takes about 1 second but actually ends when the duration ends. There is many, many other abilities I could list that have these problems and because of these, Republic will always be at a huge disadvantage.

Too much CC - This game doesn't need that much CC. CC destroyed RIFT's PvP. I can't tell you how many times I've been CC'd to death as a sentinel in warzones. I get the jump, get stunned, typically my break free is on cooldown because of other previous stuns and I sit there for the duration of the stun, dead. Sentinel is THE MOST squishy class in this game and when I'm stuck in a stun that lasts an eternity against a ranged class that already has the advantage on me, I'll never win. It's impossible and the sad part is, Jedi Guardian/Sentinel don't get any sort of useful CC until 24 and that isn't even that good.

There is plenty more problems with PvP in this game that will detract people like me who are trying to take it seriously. PvP in this game is the most forgotten and least serious thing I have ever seen in any MMORPG I have ever played. It's a shame and there is a lot of work to be done before this can be even used properly.

Edited by Electroflux

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Listen very carefully, I shall say this only once... MMO's are balanced for max level PvP. It is physically impossible to balance the game for every level, without everyone playing one class.

If you don't like it and feel they have done such a bad job, WoW panda expansion is around the corner. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Like I tell everyone, if you want balanced PVP, play a fighting game. Even at max level, the most "balanced" MMO's aren't truly balanced. There are a TON of variables involved in PVP. Your PVP group, and your role within that group are more important than what class your playing.

It is all Ghostcrawler's fault.

Oh wait. Wrong game.

I would suspect if OP is use to twinking he may need to adjust to how PvP functions in this game. They are going to need time to make adjustments and it may take a few months. Hardly anything to QQ about since it is an awesome game overall.

Man seriously the level of frustration showing in your post...you should take a break from PVP. Gaurdian/Jugg struggle hard at early levels in PVP...but in a group environment they are ridiculously strong. Level up roll with some friends...the bugs will get worked out in no time. Don't stress out...game is not closing down tomorrow.

There is so many things wrong with PvP it's embarassing.

First of all, Jedi Guardian is trash in low levels because you don't get a single stun, so basically you're forced to be defense specced or you won't be successful at all. Even then, you still blow mainly because you're just a target that everyone wants to wack while dishing out pathetically low damage. Don't even get me started on healers.

The PvP vendors are so unorganized it just baffles me to see how lazy the developers were on giving us proper filters. "Filter by usable" - oh, except it's showing me level 40 gear when i'm level 20, therefore it is currently NOT USABLE. On top of that, level 20 gear is mashed in the middle of level 40 gear and it's like they tried to list it by like Level 40 Light, Level 20 Light, Level 40 Medium, etc. So you have to literally move one by one until you can find the gear that you need. I'm a Guardian, why the hell do I need light and medium gear? I don't and it's stupid.

There's a player death delay of at least 2-3 seconds. So after you kill someone, technically, they don't actually die until 2-3 seconds later so you're busy trying to kill them when they're already dead when you could be already focusing on your next target.

There is a major lag in abilities. I literally have to break my keyboard trying to interrupt a spell because for some gosh darn reason Force Kick doesn't want to go off and when it does it usually interrupts 1-2 seconds later then when I wanted it to go. So sometimes I can actually MISS an interrupt even though I SHOULD HAVE interrupted.

Force Leap is a disaster. If you leap at someone on a ledge, sometimes you glitch to a ledge or slope halfway between where you were and your target then about 1-2 seconds later you just suddenly appear next to them. It's so glitchy it's pathetic.

I love this game but PvP is something that was completely overlooked and I feel like an idiot for even having thought that this game's PvP was going to be good.

Playing a Sith Warrior Juggernaut (Guardian Equivilant) level 12 atm, real life work schedule conflict :mad: and I have done 4 Warzones so far, I have also played in Beta so I have a bit more experience with the Warrior/Knight class and my skill has steadily gotten better over time. 3 out of those 4 Warzones I came in top 3 on my team. So they are not bad, however remember that until you level up and gain more CC abilities to stick with a group. Don't go solo or you will get beaten over and over again. I stick with my group and find PvP much more enjoyable than when I first tried a Warzone in Beta, and got my *** handed to me cause I tried to be a solo king.

Maybe you guys should play a bit more PvP, because the OP has a point, several actually.

I went into a bg with a friend and we stunned people for 8 seconds straight several times and after 6-7 seconds they would jump to their real position. This is just unacceptable and you notice it majorly, when trying to get your backstab off. Circling on something like a 10m radius searching for the spot.

Someone wants to knock me into the pool. I see the animation and before it goes off I position myself in a safe position just to be randomly knocked into the pool, because he actually was somewhere else, which I couldn't know.

Sometimes you waste complete 4s stuns and try to hit somebody just to get 4s of 'target is not in range'

When the server feels like it, especially when it is crucial in timing, you won't get your interrupt off or your knockback. Hammering it 5 seconds and nothing will happen.

And it isn't my ping latency shows as 60 and my connection is fine and absolutely no issue.

Today under heavier load I saw people disappear for a split second when I knocked them. This is delay on the server not my ping/fps and it truly is unacceptable longterm, but I hope they are aware of that issue and are on improvement as we speak.

The balance so far is pretty neat, maybe not the first 20 lvls but afterwards it gets better and better. When the classes actually get their tools. Interrupts/cc's/escapes and stuff.

The unorganized vendors are ****, the filters are useless. It is the truth and it baffles me aswell, but well I have just to do it a couple of times till lvl 50 so I could care less.

There are more examples of bad organizing, but well.

First of all, Jedi Guardian is trash in low levels because you don't get a single stun, so basically you're forced to be defense specced or you won't be successful at all. Even then, you still blow mainly because you're just a target that everyone wants to wack while dishing out pathetically low damage.

Baddies will be baddies. I've seen plenty of JGs who are already owning face.

The PvP vendors are so unorganized it just baffles me to see how lazy the developers were on giving us proper filters.

All of the vendors are pretty disorganized and all over the place. But so what? That's a carebear issue, not a PvP problem. It certainly isn't a gamebreaker.

There's a player death delay of at least 2-3 seconds.

lolwut? Never noticed this...not once.

There is a major lag in abilities.

No lag here. My JC skills are popping perfectly and the game has been seamlessly flowing for me without any hiccups. Check your rig. Check your con. Maybe your server? But I doubt it.

I love this game but PvP is something that was completely overlooked and I feel like an idiot for even having thought that this game's PvP was going to be good.

I'm of the opposite opinion. I've been very impressed with the PvP so far and my toon has only seen WZ action. Classes seem pretty well balanced and the action is fast and furious. Really good times so far.

Im having major lag issues as well.Playing Trooper commando and seems like most all of my abilities have way more than the 1.5 gcd on them,,sometimes it seems its 3-4 secs till an ability fires.

My ping is showing at around 100 or so,and have no problems in groups outside the warzones.

Cant really comment on class balances as I dont really care at this piont,thats an issue for lvl cap.I do see more problems with the bolster system though,seems that any lvl 20+ toon is much harder to deal with when only low teens are in your group.Once again,to me the real pvp doesnt start till lvl cap anyway.

The Warzones themselves are fun and diverse,I especailly like Huttballl:)

Ive been an avid wow pvper since that game released and am really hoping SWToR works out as a new pvp home for me.Theres no sence in trying to compare the games either as wow has been optimized and gone through extensive balancing over the years and SWTOR has just begun.Just hope they get the lag issues dealth with by the time I get to the cap.

Edited by Rcnjack

His post may start out seeming like he was gonna gripe about balance...

But it turns out that he gripes mostly about glitchy pvp mechanics.

Glitchy PvP mechanics is a legitimate gripe.

Low-level class balance... not so much.

Edited by Shuk

lolwut? Never noticed this...not once.

Thats funny because the devs have acknowledged that it is a known issue they are working on.

@op

Rubberbanding, players disappearing, lag with abilities are all known bugs and bugs can be fixed.