Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Epic Jedi Gaurdian PvP Montage!!!!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Epic Jedi Gaurdian PvP Montage!!!!

xakto's Avatar


xakto
02.13.2012 , 10:26 AM | #11
Dont worry about the haters bro. It's good to see ppl enjoying their classes. you are obviously having fun and arnt qq'ing .. good work.
Please Direct your Attention to this Helpful PVP Guide:
10 Steps to PVP Joy

BOLTgamer's Avatar


BOLTgamer
02.13.2012 , 10:33 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by xakto View Post
Dont worry about the haters bro. It's good to see ppl enjoying their classes. you are obviously having fun and arnt qq'ing .. good work.
Np np, again im definetly gonna use the hate to make my videos better and improve my PvP
"You will do it with me" ~ Damn, how I wished force persuade was real.

Richoshist's Avatar


Richoshist
02.13.2012 , 10:52 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by BOLTgamer View Post
Np np, again im definetly gonna use the hate to make my videos better and improve my PvP
Yeah, that's the correct attitude. Sounds like you've come a long way already. Just a few things to keep in mind:

1) When you're at a node defending with a partner, I suggest going Soresu form and putting guard on them, even though you're focus specced. When you're defending it's not about LOL BIG NUMBERS, it's about staying alive until your backup comes and preventing them from taking what you're defending. And in all reality, it doesn't hurt your damage THAT much.

2) Fight near the nodes, and try to keep it in your field of vision.

3) Use your taunts early and often. AoE taunt in a crowd is a good thing. And it's really annoying for the LOL BIG NUMBERS scrubs on the other team.

4) Use Force Push on bridges in Voidstar for a cheap kill. Use it to help out the ball carrier in Huttball. There is also the Force Leap-->Force Push-->Force Leap trick to advance the ball quickly when you're carrying it.

5) Guardian leap is a great tool. Use it to escape trouble, leap to a teammate on a ledge in Huttball, and it also heals you (PvP set bonus) AND protects the person you leaped to.

Very little of what I told you makes for good video footage, but it makes the difference between winning and losing.
The weak fear the strong. The strong fear the fearless.
Richo Shistt-Jedi Guardian
Wound in the Force-->The Bastion US
<OTHER SIDE>

goxwerd's Avatar


goxwerd
02.13.2012 , 11:03 AM | #14
ok some advice if, God forbid, you ever try to make another video..



#1 your ultra super lame leet dude name for the video sucks.. That video name makes you sound 12..

#2 Montages suck.. Especially yours., Your entire video is just your charging in smashing then it cuts to the next shot...

#3 Nobody cares that you can do big#s you may think that is cool you gibbed someone(hell sometimes you cut to the next charge smash part before the other guy even dies)

#4 A pvp video should be more than a highlight reel.. A good pvp video includes highlights from awesome things you have done and crazy situations you got out of but that isn't the entire content. There needs to be more there so the viewer can watch and understand what is going on. Not just you killing random newbs with big #s.

#5 I would maybe spend more time learning to play than making videos right now( i lost count how many times you whiffed smash and most likely never noticed it.. Why rush a pvp video? Just so you can be efamous? I see no reason to only have 3 hours to post a video, why did this pos have to come out today? Why not take the time and get 1-2 weeks of good footage and put together something better than warzone smash highlights?

Elmahra's Avatar


Elmahra
02.13.2012 , 11:11 AM | #15
Like a handful of people in any game are really good anyway, and a game that hasn't been out for long like SWTOR has few who've reached the "skill cap". I've seen like 3 50s that I can even call "really good". So, these guys are basically saying that they realize they suck but they think you suck even more. Grats.

Keep trying to learn and improve. Skill doesn't matter all that much anyway in this game's PvP but if you want to make good videos you'll need to be decent (in other words better than 98% of people PvPing [not difficult at all]).

BOLTgamer's Avatar


BOLTgamer
02.13.2012 , 11:11 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Richoshist View Post
Yeah, that's the correct attitude. Sounds like you've come a long way already. Just a few things to keep in mind:

1) When you're at a node defending with a partner, I suggest going Soresu form and putting guard on them, even though you're focus specced. When you're defending it's not about LOL BIG NUMBERS, it's about staying alive until your backup comes and preventing them from taking what you're defending. And in all reality, it doesn't hurt your damage THAT much.

2) Fight near the nodes, and try to keep it in your field of vision.

3) Use your taunts early and often. AoE taunt in a crowd is a good thing. And it's really annoying for the LOL BIG NUMBERS scrubs on the other team.

4) Use Force Push on bridges in Voidstar for a cheap kill. Use it to help out the ball carrier in Huttball. There is also the Force Leap-->Force Push-->Force Leap trick to advance the ball quickly when you're carrying it.

5) Guardian leap is a great tool. Use it to escape trouble, leap to a teammate on a ledge in Huttball, and it also heals you (PvP set bonus) AND protects the person you leaped to.

Very little of what I told you makes for good video footage, but it makes the difference between winning and losing.
Thanks!
"You will do it with me" ~ Damn, how I wished force persuade was real.

tkshinoda's Avatar


tkshinoda
02.13.2012 , 11:16 AM | #17
  • Dubstep - Check
  • Backpeddling - Check
  • Terrible Resolution on the recording - Check

This sums up the entire movie.

BOLTgamer's Avatar


BOLTgamer
02.13.2012 , 11:19 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by tkshinoda View Post
  • Dubstep - Check
  • Backpeddling - Check
  • Terrible Resolution on the recording - Check

This sums up the entire movie.
Dubstep - Gonna use better music next time
Backpeddling - Gonna unbind S
Res. - Gonna record at full size in fraps


Thanks for the feedback!
"You will do it with me" ~ Damn, how I wished force persuade was real.

tkshinoda's Avatar


tkshinoda
02.13.2012 , 11:23 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by BOLTgamer View Post
Dubstep - Gonna use better music next time
Backpeddling - Gonna unbind S
Res. - Gonna record at full size in fraps


Thanks for the feedback!
I normally don't mind dubstep, but when used in a pvp movie it dosn't really fit half the time, and yes unbinding S is a good thing, i will look for your next movie to see improvements ^^

Stilly's Avatar


Stilly
02.13.2012 , 11:36 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Elmahra View Post
Like a handful of people in any game are really good anyway, and a game that hasn't been out for long like SWTOR has few who've reached the "skill cap". I've seen like 3 50s that I can even call "really good". So, these guys are basically saying that they realize they suck but they think you suck even more. Grats.

Keep trying to learn and improve. Skill doesn't matter all that much anyway in this game's PvP but if you want to make good videos you'll need to be decent (in other words better than 98% of people PvPing [not difficult at all]).

Welcome to swtor news at eleven.

Today's top story.

Swtors premier talent scout Elmahra reports 98% off pvpers are bad, swtor pvp is easy, and there are only three "really good" pvpers on his server.

Thanks Elmahra, what would we do without your super important insight?