Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

In game mail question

Krayonn
02.13.2012 , 12:49 AM | #1
i know this may have been asked before. How long does it take for an ingame mail to reach someone?

Ryat
02.13.2012 , 12:51 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Krayonn View Post
i know this may have been asked before. How long does it take for an ingame mail to reach someone?
Not long. About 2-3 minutes I have found.

Reaperchris
02.13.2012 , 12:57 AM | #3
Hm I believe it is instant for Guild Members though because a Guild Member logged online for me and sent me a message thanking me and I got it before i could even notice he was on.
"The eye sees, but cannot see itself. Anyone can be the eye, but the key to Jedi training is to be able to see oneself."

Krayonn
02.13.2012 , 01:02 AM | #4
and how long would a mail from a Galactic Market trade take to get to you?

Katreyn
02.13.2012 , 01:04 AM | #5
An hour for the GTN. You get an instant mail from the GTN saying your item sold, then hour later that is gone with money attached.

Krayonn
02.13.2012 , 01:06 AM | #6
thank you

Reaperchris
02.13.2012 , 01:09 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Katreyn View Post
An hour for the GTN. You get an instant mail from the GTN saying your item sold, then hour later that is gone with money attached.
Yeah I don't exactly get this, but I think the buyer can actually cancel the action some how and send the item back to the GTN.
"The eye sees, but cannot see itself. Anyone can be the eye, but the key to Jedi training is to be able to see oneself."

Suzina
02.13.2012 , 01:39 AM | #8
mail with items sent from player to player have a built in delay of about 30 minutes. Mail bought from the GTN is instant. Mail without any attachments is a couple minutes
Member of Bane Fleet

Fercil
02.13.2012 , 02:18 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Reaperchris View Post
Yeah I don't exactly get this, but I think the buyer can actually cancel the action some how and send the item back to the GTN.
They can't. This same feature was introduced in WoW at some point with main reason being to fight gold farmers laundrying currency through marketplace. The logic behind it is somewhat shaky but it seems BW decided to use the same method, just in case.

Aieny
02.13.2012 , 07:00 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Reaperchris View Post
No, it doesn't work like that. Once a buyer buys out the item, they receive it instantly; the seller gets notice of the sale, but the credits aren't sent for an hour after the sale. The buyer has no option to send the item back to the GTN and get a refund.