Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

is the Sith a race or a religion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
is the Sith a race or a religion

CptBrit
02.13.2012 , 07:46 AM | #11
Both.

Something I've wondered though.

Where have they all gone by the time of the films? Has the bloodline just been that diluted that the ridges etc don't show up any more?
Sa'rahi Sheph'erd - The Mercenary | Marxon Sheph'erd - The Guardian
Tae'Ruk Sheph'erd - The Juggernaut | Mysha Sheph'erd - The Sage
Leona Sheph'erd - The Assassin | Temo'rel Sheph'erd - The Vanguard
Mykael Sheph'erd - The Operative | Lel'Liana Sheph'erd - The Gunslinger

Senyio
02.13.2012 , 07:47 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Illanair View Post
I'm sorry - do you have trouble reading properly?
to who was that question?

alricka
02.13.2012 , 07:53 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by CptBrit View Post
Both.

Where have they all gone by the time of the films? Has the bloodline just been that diluted that the ridges etc don't show up any more?
Without checking up on lore, I'd guess that the Sith species have mostly died out by the time of the films; at most there can be small, obscure groups or cults here and there, but that's it. Even in SWTOR, their bloodline has already been weakened and is far from pure. I'd think that this tendency would continue in the future, and the wars with the Republic couldn't have helped.

Sporetox
02.13.2012 , 07:55 AM | #14
Both. The Sith Religion is based on the Primary Belief of the Sith Species.

Redat
02.13.2012 , 08:29 AM | #15
The Sith are in fact a race of beings encountered by dark jedi....The jedi (who seemed like gods to the Sith) became the ruling class and became "Lords" over the Sith, hence the title "Sith Lord". It was only thousands of years later that the "Sith" label included other species.

Spartanik
02.13.2012 , 08:38 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Redat View Post
The Sith are in fact a race of beings encountered by dark jedi....The jedi (who seemed like gods to the Sith) became the ruling class and became "Lords" over the Sith, hence the title "Sith Lord". It was only thousands of years later that the "Sith" label included other species.
Yes and actualy give meaning to the sith order. I would also say that these dark jedi perform dark side rituals to be able to mingle to the sith species and create a hybrid between human and sith. The closest on their looks would be how they apear in game. Knowned siths like Naga sadow and ludu kresh where hybrids for instance. I want to say also that this is canon. Its not G canon but everything related to olde republic like the great hyperspace war, exar kun wars, the mandalorian wars, Revan story ( KOTOR) is part of EU canon.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Also
Quote:
HK47: Statement: You are like a delightful random cruelty generator, master, poisoning all you touch with your presence. You are a testament to all organic meatbags everywhere.

RaiderAspect
02.13.2012 , 09:31 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by CptBrit View Post
Both.

Pretty much. There'd probably be people who were 1/10,000th Sith, but no one can tell without a fairly extensive DNA test.

Gradivus
02.13.2012 , 09:42 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by lordbrass View Post
race.....
Species...

Mechavomit
02.13.2012 , 10:01 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Gradivus View Post
Species...
In is the same thing is Fantasy worlds...

CleverClothe
02.13.2012 , 12:36 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Gradivus View Post
Species...
Since the Sith blood is being diluted, they are obviously a race of a wider species (if this were the real world).