Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Tracer missle idea from a arsenal merc..insta cast??

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Commando / Mercenary
Tracer missle idea from a arsenal merc..insta cast??

Angryorc
02.15.2012 , 10:34 AM | #11
Lowering the damage, giving it a 3sec+ cooldown would make us more competative in PVP not to mention the mobility would equal to a pyro merc without the dot snare.

I'm sure people would move right over to the next missile attacks we have and cry about that instead.

I'd love to get more mobility in the arsenal tree that way, but it would mean tweaking commandos and their Grav Round to the same point.

Lowering damage and giving it a cooldown would also mean that they'd have to increase the damage elsewhere, Unload, Rail Shot and Heatseekers + mirror abilities.

I bet melees would cry because then the 12k hp mercs won't just be standing still anymore and be free kills and not able to nullify their damage by clicking interrupt once.

Yazule
02.15.2012 , 10:52 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Angryorc View Post
Lowering the damage, giving it a 3sec+ cooldown would make us more competative in PVP not to mention the mobility would equal to a pyro merc without the dot snare.

I'm sure people would move right over to the next missile attacks we have and cry about that instead.

I'd love to get more mobility in the arsenal tree that way, but it would mean tweaking commandos and their Grav Round to the same point.

Lowering damage and giving it a cooldown would also mean that they'd have to increase the damage elsewhere, Unload, Rail Shot and Heatseekers + mirror abilities.

I bet melees would cry because then the 12k hp mercs won't just be standing still anymore and be free kills and not able to nullify their damage by clicking interrupt once.

NO, 3 second cooldown AND lowering damage is stupid, beyond stupid it is something that if i use the word i will get a warning about it... that is how stupid it is.

3 sec cooldown HALVES the dps.. and then you want to lower it more? Friggin rapd shots will do more damage, just let GCD handle it,

if you increase damage on HS, unload or rail... we will be nerfherded to oblivion, the only reason people are not screaming about it now is because TM is so in their face they cant see what is really killing them
Remember this: Noobs have the most fun, they gain joy from things you disdain. They find value in that you find worthless. At the end of the day they have more fun per hour than any elitist I have ever known.

nogoodtomedead
02.15.2012 , 11:09 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Iserath View Post
just an idea... What if they DID lower the damage say 15%-20% or so and made it insta cast... or gave it a small like 3 sec cd instead.. fixes our mobility issues and makes up for us not having a TRUE interrupt! What do you guys think?

I DO NOT THINK THAT TRACER HITS TOO HARD OR IS OP!!! i just hate having to cast and then getting chain interrupted and killed instantly and los'd all day long...

This may sound harsh, but you sound like one of the folks who just spam tracer missile all day and give us other BH a bad rep. But I have great news, you have other abilities to use. If you get interrupted use powershot, use electric dart, rocket punch to name a few. You can be very mobile as arsenal, cause I am. Got a sentinel or marauder slicing at ya. No worries, if their resolve bar is 0, knock them away with jet boost, stun them with electric dart and move away from them. Taking damage? use your shield and kolto to stay alive. Know when to run yourself, LoS and then pop a few heals off.

Your target is almost dead and starts to run away? thermal sensor override and power surge combined with a number of abilities can help. Personal favorite is fusion missile, hits hard and lights them on fire.

Iserath
02.17.2012 , 09:07 PM | #14
Trust me i am not a tracer spamming turret noob.. i know what im doing and have played several MMOs over the years. PVP is my thing so i understand how it works and how balancing plays into it. I didn't mean you had to do BOTH lowering the damage AND give it a CD. It was only an out of the box thought that i wanted to mention to see if anyone's mind might get stirred up... who knows, maybe a great idea could pop up from people input... There is no need to be rude and measure epeens...

Maybe give us a cylinder that does something like instacast+damage reduction OR CD of some amount of time to be used in pvp and HVGC could still be used in pve or whatever cylinder you wanted to use! Powertechs getting so much CC (a lot is talented i know) 3 second stuns from grapple or popping out of stealth..6 sec interrupt giving things 4 sec CD+an electro dart to interrupt me again right after... carbonite, blah blah.. but the one thing reallyyyyy is the level 50 talent giving 15 seconds of TWENTY FIVE % CRIT vs mercs getting ONE instant cast 1.5second cast ability.. I usually end up using on fusion missile OR concussion depending on the situation... what if it let us fire off 3 or 5 but with a bit of time in between?? i dunnoo..Im only trying to make the class a bit better for EVERYONE thats all guys... and its only idea.. I know people are gunna flame me but hey Galileo was jailed for saying the earth went around the sun.... maybe if it was implemented people would be kissing my feet... lmao just messing around... but please guys i hope this gets your gears going!! I sure would like to see some tweaking to make arsenal a bit more mobile and pyro a bit more powerful =) LOVE TO ALL MY BOUNTY HUNTER BUDDIES<33
FIX MERC PVP!!!! It is so obvious that they need serious work that could be easily done as well so there is no excuse! Its either intentionally being done or the devs are blind. give us a spammable heal please!!! CLICK HERE FOR 7 DAYS FREE http://www.swtor.com/r/rZ3wks

Iserath
02.17.2012 , 09:16 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by bahdasz View Post
I just rebuilt my skill tree yesterday to an arsenal build, previously I was strictly pyro. I don't know what anybody is talking about when they try to say that pyro has it easier/is better than arsenal just because of casts. Admittedly I'll probably go back to pyro just because I love mobility and standing in one place for too long gives me a headache, but arsenal kicks pyro's butt when it comes to damage potential. If anything, pyro needs some love, not arsenal.

I've been reading a lot of people saying TM is bad, TM spam, wah wah, etc. OK, after playing it, I admit that I have already become a bit reliant on it, but that's the fault of the mechanic of the ability and the prof... not the player.

How are you going to tell someone "here's one of the highest damage attacks you have, and it puts down a stacking debuff that can reduce the target's armor by 20% and give you up to 30% additional damage on one of your other best attacks... please don't spam this at everyone you see"? Of course people are going to spam it... heck, I spammed the crap out of it, I made some toast and had a TM spam sandwich... and that thing was GOOD.

Now, reducing the damage, or eliminating or extending the cast time or adding a cd isn't going to fix it. It's just too worth using. It's not the damage of the missile, it's the debuff that goes with it that makes it worth using. I'd spam it just for the debuffs even if it did no damage... build me a big old debuff stack and then have me a Rail Shot/Unload party. If you stretch out the cast or cd then you won't be able to build full stacks and it will be nerfed. And I surely don't see how making it an instant ability is supposed to solve a spamming issue.

The only thing that I can think of that is going to solve the issue is nerfing the debuffs, and nobody had better start campaigning for that.

I wasn't saying that tracer hit too hard.... i was saying it sucks having to constantly stop to cast as a ranged spec... or getting chain interrupted+cc+interrupt and then dead.. Maybe I need to go bio to get some REAL heals or something... and as Ive said a few times... I have already played pyro and don't like the lack of burst.. yeah if you CAST with the rail+TD then you can get some nice burst but still.. casting vs so many instant cast interrupts and stuns out there is getting annoying.. but its never going to stop me from playing my bh!!
FIX MERC PVP!!!! It is so obvious that they need serious work that could be easily done as well so there is no excuse! Its either intentionally being done or the devs are blind. give us a spammable heal please!!! CLICK HERE FOR 7 DAYS FREE http://www.swtor.com/r/rZ3wks

Iserath
02.18.2012 , 02:46 AM | #16
anyone have any ideas? Something to keep us from becoming a turret (NO I DONT JUST SIT AND TURRET THEN QQ ITS NOT A L2P ISSUE) instant cast tracer even if its just for the 15 seconds that our level 50 ability gives.. or what if instead of resetting unload its a free cast tracer? i dunno....

Iserath
02.18.2012 , 05:01 AM | #17
made a thread in the pvp forum... the first post in it i really go into detail about a few ways i think the problem with chain interrupts could be solved.. i get flamed but hey what else is new...

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=311032

Superastro
02.18.2012 , 05:37 AM | #18
This game has enough CDS on attack abill. already.

halfhourofpower
02.18.2012 , 09:04 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Cegenaus View Post
if they lowered the damage we'd be worthless. if they eliminated the activation for a 3 sec cd we'd be op. not really any middle ground here unless buffs/debuffs were moved to other skills
You wouldn't be useless with a nerf, you would be on an even playing field.
KFC, now with more Jesus!

XyriusSES
02.18.2012 , 02:40 PM | #20
I remember you Iserath, lol.