Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Tracer missle idea from a arsenal merc..insta cast??

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Commando / Mercenary
Tracer missle idea from a arsenal merc..insta cast??

Iserath
02.13.2012 , 12:32 AM | #1
just an idea... What if they DID lower the damage say 15%-20% or so and made it insta cast... or gave it a small like 3 sec cd instead.. fixes our mobility issues and makes up for us not having a TRUE interrupt! What do you guys think?

I DO NOT THINK THAT TRACER HITS TOO HARD OR IS OP!!! i just hate having to cast and then getting chain interrupted and killed instantly and los'd all day long...
FIX MERC PVP!!!! It is so obvious that they need serious work that could be easily done as well so there is no excuse! Its either intentionally being done or the devs are blind. give us a spammable heal please!!! CLICK HERE FOR 7 DAYS FREE http://www.swtor.com/r/rZ3wks

Cegenaus
02.13.2012 , 03:12 AM | #2
if they lowered the damage we'd be worthless. if they eliminated the activation for a 3 sec cd we'd be op. not really any middle ground here unless buffs/debuffs were moved to other skills
Cegenaus/Xyrin/Ixor/Domz
Merc/Sorc/Mara/Jugg

Vortex Reborn/Das Ubel- Terentatek

Yazule
02.13.2012 , 08:50 AM | #3
with GCD of 1.5 insta cast tracer would be the same cast times as chaneled, so assuming tracer missle is around 40-50% of your casts to keep buffs/heat sig up and stack debuffs for railshot the net dps loss would be 1/2 of whatever % you reduce the damage, making them pve gimped.

realistically not reasonable but maybe if they made it insta, and spec in double debuffs (halving our casting of it) then we would be getting closer to a solution

reality is that most classes use one attack for at least 30% of their attacks, sorc lightning is a good example of a skill used more (in time being used, not casts) than TM...

change the animation and most people will start complaining about unload (our actuall biggest hitter and other obnoxiously obvious attack)

when TM/HS/Unload hits people dont even realize they were hit by 3 things in .3 seconds and scream "TRACER SPAMMER"
Remember this: Noobs have the most fun, they gain joy from things you disdain. They find value in that you find worthless. At the end of the day they have more fun per hour than any elitist I have ever known.

Benevon
02.13.2012 , 12:46 PM | #4
You can always respec to pyro if interrupts are a problem. Then you can be the one kiting and LOSing all day long while you light them on fire. It's a bit more complex than arsenal but alot more mobile in pvp.

Yazule
02.13.2012 , 01:05 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Benevon View Post
You can always respec to pyro if interrupts are a problem. Then you can be the one kiting and LOSing all day long while you light them on fire. It's a bit more complex than arsenal but alot more mobile in pvp.
yeah i agree, if you cant figure out what to do when interrupted (and there is plenty to do) then you should go pyro...

does that make pyro the real /easymode bh?

lol

(waits for the pyro's to flame me... pun intended)
Remember this: Noobs have the most fun, they gain joy from things you disdain. They find value in that you find worthless. At the end of the day they have more fun per hour than any elitist I have ever known.

Iserath
02.15.2012 , 12:22 AM | #6
I have done pyro a lot and i just dont like it.. the burst, if you even call that burst, sucks... and thats WITH casting a powershot/rail/TD crits... im at 40 tech crit as pyro 35ish% crit and it still just seems... mehhhhh.. I know what to do by the way when i get interrupted its just you can hardly do damage at all.. followed by a stun.. followed by another interupt.. while the other guy is doing all the damage he can do minus the electro dart i might have got off....
FIX MERC PVP!!!! It is so obvious that they need serious work that could be easily done as well so there is no excuse! Its either intentionally being done or the devs are blind. give us a spammable heal please!!! CLICK HERE FOR 7 DAYS FREE http://www.swtor.com/r/rZ3wks

Iserath
02.15.2012 , 12:27 AM | #7
also i was thinking.. PTs get 15 seconds of 25% crit.. and we get ONE insta cast 1.5 sec cast ability.. that seems uhhhh not even close to the same? it would be nice if we got say 3.. or rail shot/unload has chance to insta cast tracer? idunno.. something just seems like it needs to be fixed. Please dont comment about how im wrong if you dont have a level 50 merc and have played both specs a lot in pvp! thanks guys! just trying to make our spec a bit more polished

bahdasz
02.15.2012 , 03:09 AM | #8
I just rebuilt my skill tree yesterday to an arsenal build, previously I was strictly pyro. I don't know what anybody is talking about when they try to say that pyro has it easier/is better than arsenal just because of casts. Admittedly I'll probably go back to pyro just because I love mobility and standing in one place for too long gives me a headache, but arsenal kicks pyro's butt when it comes to damage potential. If anything, pyro needs some love, not arsenal.

I've been reading a lot of people saying TM is bad, TM spam, wah wah, etc. OK, after playing it, I admit that I have already become a bit reliant on it, but that's the fault of the mechanic of the ability and the prof... not the player.

How are you going to tell someone "here's one of the highest damage attacks you have, and it puts down a stacking debuff that can reduce the target's armor by 20% and give you up to 30% additional damage on one of your other best attacks... please don't spam this at everyone you see"? Of course people are going to spam it... heck, I spammed the crap out of it, I made some toast and had a TM spam sandwich... and that thing was GOOD.

Now, reducing the damage, or eliminating or extending the cast time or adding a cd isn't going to fix it. It's just too worth using. It's not the damage of the missile, it's the debuff that goes with it that makes it worth using. I'd spam it just for the debuffs even if it did no damage... build me a big old debuff stack and then have me a Rail Shot/Unload party. If you stretch out the cast or cd then you won't be able to build full stacks and it will be nerfed. And I surely don't see how making it an instant ability is supposed to solve a spamming issue.

The only thing that I can think of that is going to solve the issue is nerfing the debuffs, and nobody had better start campaigning for that.

Axlah
02.15.2012 , 04:03 AM | #9
I'm not saying they should make in insta (we'd be majorly OP) but I really hope they rework the skill/tree having most of our burst DPS utterly reliant on 1 skill with a cast animation so obvious that the opposition don't even need to look at our cast bar to know it's tracer is a big disadvantage against knowledgeable players.

For example I had a few 1v1's against a sorc in huttball yesterday first TM cast interrupted 4 second lockout, second attempt to cast TM I get a 4 second stun and then I'm sitting on low health having only knocked maybe 20% of his bar down with my second tier DPS skills (power shot, unbuffed HSM, unbuffed dart). I tried a number of tactics like spam healing when TM was locked out but that just delayed the inevitable and did terrible things to my heat bar.

Yazule
02.15.2012 , 09:33 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Axlah View Post
I'm not saying they should make in insta (we'd be majorly OP) but I really hope they rework the skill/tree having most of our burst DPS utterly reliant on 1 skill with a cast animation so obvious that the opposition don't even need to look at our cast bar to know it's tracer is a big disadvantage against knowledgeable players.

For example I had a few 1v1's against a sorc in huttball yesterday first TM cast interrupted 4 second lockout, second attempt to cast TM I get a 4 second stun and then I'm sitting on low health having only knocked maybe 20% of his bar down with my second tier DPS skills (power shot, unbuffed HSM, unbuffed dart). I tried a number of tactics like spam healing when TM was locked out but that just delayed the inevitable and did terrible things to my heat bar.
You know i have been thinking about it and having it be the hub of the perverbial wheel is not that bad, My situational awareness in raids and pvp is higher than it has ever been in any game (except wow where you could make a macro or two and mash a button or two for all abiliites.. which was stupid fyi)

I have to pay attention to my heat more than anything and when available use unload/rail/hs ... my backup keys for aoe's and instants are there if things get hinky but I can assess the battlefield more than most classes can because i dont have to "tunnel vision" to get max dps...

I am calling out in raids for adds/effects/aoe's and I can look for targets and assess fights in pvp...

granted people are whining about noobs spamming TM but rather than be bored or watch tv i try to apply my "free time" mentally to improving the fight and tactis.

had to roll an alt though because i have the priortities down pat already so I need another class with more challenging rotations.