Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

resolve bar = massive failure

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
resolve bar = massive failure

Culveren
02.13.2012 , 12:21 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by sanctimonia View Post
Uhh...last I checked resolve does give CC immunity...at least to stuns and disorentes and stuff like that. Knockbacks as well.

It is always fun having a full Resolve bar in huttball and watch as foes try to knock you off to no avail.

Honestly though...I dont get the problem works fine for me.

Eat the first CC

Once the second CC comes and fill resolve pop CC breaker

Profit.
Yeah i think it depends on your class. As a vanguard i can just pop my shield, eat a cc, get cc'd again and break it plus resolve, without losing lots of health. But i just think anything that prevents you from playing for 3-5 seconds in the middle of a match is bad, it makes the game play feel more disjointed. So personally i would rather have too few CCs than to many in a game.

Valens_Andorius
02.13.2012 , 12:23 AM | #12
Well when it comes to Operatives/Scoundrels knocking me down, and I can't get back up in time, even if Breaker is poped, before the kill me (W/ EXP of 500,) then its a little absurd.

/Signed for more effective Resolve/Diminishing returns on CC.
Everyday I'm Shuffling
Shadowlands: Blackfyre Legacy
55-Dutch Gunslinger/Womanizer
55-Vaylrion Commando

TheLightningLord
02.13.2012 , 12:25 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by sanctimonia View Post
Uhh...last I checked resolve does give CC immunity...at least to stuns and disorentes and stuff like that. Knockbacks as well.

It is always fun having a full Resolve bar in huttball and watch as foes try to knock you off to no avail.

Honestly though...I dont get the problem works fine for me.

Eat the first CC

Once the second CC comes and fill resolve pop CC breaker

Profit.
The problem is that you get CC'ed to hell and back, and it takes forever for your Resolve bar to fill up. Once it's almost full... you die and it gets reset. Then you get CC'ed to hell and back again. Rinse, repeat. Either the Resolve bar should fill quicker, or there should be a 10-15 second immunity on the CC-breaker abilities. It's a two minute cool-down, it would hardly be imbalanced.

Necrolepsy
02.13.2012 , 12:27 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Sathla View Post
Roots should be placed under resolve.
As soon as roots are not parryable any more.
Necrolepsy - 50 Jedi Sentinel - Dalborra
Necro - 50 Trooper Commando - Dalborra

sanctimonia
02.13.2012 , 12:35 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by TheLightningLord View Post
The problem is that you get CC'ed to hell and back, and it takes forever for your Resolve bar to fill up. Once it's almost full... you die and it gets reset. Then you get CC'ed to hell and back again. Rinse, repeat. Either the Resolve bar should fill quicker, or there should be a 10-15 second immunity on the CC-breaker abilities. It's a two minute cool-down, it would hardly be imbalanced.
2 CCs usually fill the resolve.

At least that is my experiance:

SI: Mind Trap + Electorcute = full resolve

Whirlwind + Electrocute = Full resolve

BH: Concussion missle = auto full resolve...that or maybe just 90% cause I swear I see a person with no resolve and after I concussion them they are right at full

etc. etc.

So usually 2 stuns will do it....thats why I dont us my breaker till after the 2nd one unless I am a BH or IA in which case I break it on the first and Knock them back before the 2nd.

TheHoodedFang
02.13.2012 , 01:38 AM | #16
Bads will be bad.

Barzarel
02.13.2012 , 01:49 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Sathla View Post
Roots should be placed under resolve.
yah and kill classes who rely on kiting like WAR did for Magus brilliant, would love to be free kill for everyone again.

Jabbb
02.13.2012 , 01:50 AM | #18
The fix is simple partial resolve = partial CC reduction. Do you want me to code it for you bioware I will.

Piriste
02.13.2012 , 01:56 AM | #19
Snares, Root, Stun stacking.

It's just stupid.

On a positive note: I love that i can see the "DR" before using my abilities. But RESOLVE might aswell be removed in it's current state. You can be stunlocked, root in most cases also acts as a stun.

OR: Add a runspeed increase after roots / snares break to make up for it.

Speedwash
02.13.2012 , 01:58 AM | #20
Sorry - but waiting out 2 CC's only works for some classes. The rest of us eat them, use our break and still get squashed afterward due to more cc's. Yeah - great system for some...