Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lag in Warzones without insane ping?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Lag in Warzones without insane ping?

ChernobylJones
02.12.2012 , 10:41 PM | #1
I'll admit it: I'm being lazy on this one, so please forgive me if this has been addressed multiple times already. When playing Huttball about 30 minutes ago on the West Coast "Mandalore the Indomitable" server, I noticed that I was getting a lot of lag, but my ping was hovering between 25-50ms. Is this a common thing?

I'm a petty level 20 Sith Juggernaut and enjoy the Warzones, but when I'm attacking a player and everything seems to freeze then my targeted opponent teleports away, it's a bit annoying (note, the moment I notice things freezing, I check my ping, but it doesn't show anything higher than 50ms). This is also the first MMO I've played, so I'm a real noob when it comes to all of the technical aspects of the game and trying to figure out what in the hell is going on.

Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks.

GoomZ-AA-
02.12.2012 , 10:43 PM | #2
computer specs?
playing on wifi?

Evuke
02.12.2012 , 10:48 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by ChernobylJones View Post
I'll admit it: I'm being lazy on this one, so please forgive me if this has been addressed multiple times already. When playing Huttball about 30 minutes ago on the West Coast "Mandalore the Indomitable" server, I noticed that I was getting a lot of lag, but my ping was hovering between 25-50ms. Is this a common thing?

I'm a petty level 20 Sith Juggernaut and enjoy the Warzones, but when I'm attacking a player and everything seems to freeze then my targeted opponent teleports away, it's a bit annoying (note, the moment I notice things freezing, I check my ping, but it doesn't show anything higher than 50ms). This is also the first MMO I've played, so I'm a real noob when it comes to all of the technical aspects of the game and trying to figure out what in the hell is going on.

Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks.
when it happens ask in ops chat/general if anyone else just lagged, often you will find there are spikes when the whole zone lags to death (crap servers), there's no way to avoid it.