Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Can't connect to server list

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Can't connect to server list
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Chevex
02.12.2012 , 07:39 PM | #1
I can't connect to the server list. I usually get booted out and the client closes. Occasionally I get to see the list but when I pick a server it says a connection error has ocurred and won't let me onto the server.

Please help.

Ratae
02.12.2012 , 07:46 PM | #2 This is the last staff post in this thread.  

Hello Chevex,

Please try the following trouble-shooting steps to help resolve the problem.
First of all, make sure that you are running the game with administrator status.

Please ensure that you have the correct ports opened in your router settings. See this link:
http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/2015 and that you have both the launcher.exe and the swtor_setup.exe added to the exceptions of your firewall and any antivirus software.
Disable any programs similar to "peer-blocker" and restart your Router.
Important: We do not recommend turning off firewall or your internet security completely.

If you are not sure how to set up exceptions for their firewall or internet security software please refer to following pages when using the Windows built-in firewall:
Windows 7
Windows Vista
Windows XP
(Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content of other websites.)

If you are using a 3rd party software or Internet security software with built-in firewall please refer to the manual you received with your software package. If you don't have a manual, please visit the website of the software developer.

Also make sure you have only one firewall working at the same time. Never use a firewall delivered with your internet security software package together with your windows firewall - turn one of them off.

Don't use a proxy - it may interfere with the communication between your client and our servers. If you are on a public network like on the campus of a university or a hotel, contact the network administrator because they may block some ports used for server communication.

We also recommend that you turn off any software you are not using as long as you play Star Wars: The Old Republic.

I hope this helps!
Ratae | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support