Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

4 Man Eternity Vault(With Video)

jHats
02.13.2012 , 08:43 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by snazbaz View Post
Really not veryrelevant at all.

1) This was well over a year after Onyxia was released, and 3 raiding tiers on. Not 2 months after EV is released using basically same-tier gear (this looked easy enough that it would also be possible in full Columi not just full Rakata).

2) Onyxia had no enrage, plus healers at this time were using downranking tricks + naxx gear to heal forever (not intended by bliz, they nerfed it just before TBC (or was it at start of TBC?).

1) Go do EV with 4 people in some tionese with a few other blue / epic pieces splashed in. Please go do it.

2) It would be almost impossible to do SOA with 4 people in tionese and a few dungeon epics.

EV Normal mode was made to be done concurrently with flashpoints. You can go into EV without ever stepping foot into a flashpoint and do just fine. Rakata is 2 tiers above so its like doing Molten Core in full Tier 3 (Naxx) gear. Its pretty much the same thing.

Its a cool video to see, sure. Is it something to brag about? Most definitely not.
Dump Truck
Emperium - Prophecy of the Five

Morthis
02.13.2012 , 09:03 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by jHats View Post
1) Go do EV with 4 people in some tionese with a few other blue / epic pieces splashed in. Please go do it.

2) It would be almost impossible to do SOA with 4 people in tionese and a few dungeon epics.

EV Normal mode was made to be done concurrently with flashpoints. You can go into EV without ever stepping foot into a flashpoint and do just fine. Rakata is 2 tiers above so its like doing Molten Core in full Tier 3 (Naxx) gear. Its pretty much the same thing.

Its a cool video to see, sure. Is it something to brag about? Most definitely not.
Uh, that's not really the same at all. Rakata gear is not a new tier, it's just slightly better than normal mode gear. Naxx gear was significantly better and came out a full 2 years after the original content.

Part of the problem is that SWTOR's gearing makes no sense at all. You have Tionese, which is completely useless because in the time it takes you to get enough commendations for one item you could have just gotten full Columi instead. By the time you can afford a few Tionese items, you could be in full Rakata. It's an extremely silly system.

jHats
02.13.2012 , 09:29 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Morthis View Post
Uh, that's not really the same at all. Rakata gear is not a new tier, it's just slightly better than normal mode gear. Naxx gear was significantly better and came out a full 2 years after the original content.

Part of the problem is that SWTOR's gearing makes no sense at all. You have Tionese, which is completely useless because in the time it takes you to get enough commendations for one item you could have just gotten full Columi instead. By the time you can afford a few Tionese items, you could be in full Rakata. It's an extremely silly system.
I agree that its a silly system, but the stat difference between the gear you are "supposed" to be doing EV normal / KP normal and Rakata is big. Ill give you an example.

Tionese Combat Medic's Body Armor
88 Aim
102 Endurance
23 Power
40 Alacrity

Rakata Combat Medic's Body Armor
122 Aim
105 Endurance
48 Critical
51 Alacrity

+34 Aim
+3 Endurance

-23 Power
+48 Critical
+11 Alacrity

Now here are the WoW items : Tier 1 = Prophecy , Tier 3 = Faith

Robes of Prophecy
17 Spirit
10 Fire Resist
27 Intellect
20 Stamina

Robes of Faith
25 spirit
29 Intellect
50 Stamina

+8 Spirit
-10 Fire Resist
+2 Intellect
+30 Stamina

Regardless of how you look at Rakata, it IS 2 tiers of armor above Tionese. This is undisputable. It doesnt really matter if its in game now or in 2 years. Tier is tier and its two tiers of gear above.

I do feel that its a silly system they have. There should have been no columi in hard mode flashpoints. It should have been comms to get gear. You should have gotten lvl 50 blues from the flashpoints and an epic drop off the end boss. Columi should have only came from the normals and rakata from the hardmodes / nightmares.

They made gear progression too horizontal and not vertical enough.
Dump Truck

Evel
02.13.2012 , 09:43 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by quezcotl View Post
People did the same thing with Onyxia pretty fast also. Doesnt mean it was "easy".
People did that with Onyxia after the first expansion pack - not with the current itemization.
Infernal Empire
A Community for Adult Gamers
Website | Thread | About | How to Join?
Est. 2004

Zooke
02.13.2012 , 09:59 AM | #35
yea but in vanilla wow didnt we have like 2k health and wasnt 30 sta a big deal. tanks have 25k in first tier gear. Those stat upgrades arent mind blowing with how stats are atm.

jHats
02.13.2012 , 10:05 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Zooke View Post
yea but in vanilla wow didnt we have like 2k health and wasnt 30 sta a big deal. tanks have 25k in first tier gear. Those stat upgrades arent mind blowing with how stats are atm.
Show me a tank that has 25k in tionese and i'll give you my account and the keys to my car lol.

The only thing the Faith vestments really give you is the health, which didnt increase power. Here you are given stats. Ill give the full stat difference of someone in half rakata / half tionese and the difference in stats will be mind blowing large.
Dump Truck

jHats
02.13.2012 , 10:06 AM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Evel View Post
People did that with Onyxia after the first expansion pack - not with the current itemization.
110% incorrect. People started "soloing" Onyxia in TBC. They were doing it with 15-20 in Nax gear.
Dump Truck

bigheadbrandon
02.13.2012 , 10:06 AM | #38
wait wait are you telling me the content gets more easier as you upgrade your gear?
my mind is blown...

jHats
02.13.2012 , 10:08 AM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by bigheadbrandon View Post
wait wait are you telling me the content gets more easier as you upgrade your gear?
my mind is blown...
I know right!
Dump Truck

Karkais
02.13.2012 , 10:11 AM | #40
In my opinion the solution is for Bioware to introduce harder content for the geared-up people. Since current content is basically intended for 'gearing up'.
"What is a Sith? Over time, the beliefs have changed, but one constant has remained. The imposition of one's will on the force, on the environment surrounding one, on the galaxy itself." - Darth Wyyrlok III