Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Time to nerf sages/sorceres in PVP.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Time to nerf sages/sorceres in PVP.

astrocanis
02.12.2012 , 05:31 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Vodrin View Post
The damage is fine, they just need to nerf the talent in the shared tree that reduces the cooldown to 0. I also think they should reclassify it as a ranged attack. You always see Jedi parrying lightening in the movies and in cutscenes, so why not in game?

And this is surprisingly accurate considering the thread it is in. My sentinel never has a problem with a sorc 1v1, it's only when there are 2 or 3 clustered together that they are a problem, but the same is true of any ranged DPS class.
When was the last time you didn't face a sorc daisy chain? If they aren't ops, they're sorcs.

_Admiral
02.12.2012 , 05:35 PM | #22
Your friend is a liar.
There is no way a sorc can 4 hit someone.

Max I can hit (near full BM) is 4k.

And thats a 1 off crit blowing a trinket and a buff.

I dont think you realise how sorcs work.

TrenchWar
02.12.2012 , 05:35 PM | #23
the only valid point to this whole damn sorc/sage thing is this ....its a mindless class therefor extremely popular and yes getting into a wz against 5 of these clases is like a guaranteed loss for you.....nothing can be done about this because you absolutely cannot nerf them...why? ....i know as a sentinel (god please dont nerf me) if i can get 1 1vs1 .....lol its over i leap then play with it like a mouse they cast nope i kick ....then they cast ...nope i kick....then they ....nope i kick ...they are easy to destroy .....the problem is guys is that these lasses are in a 5 box if you will are deadly .....you can sit one but you cannot sit them all......i think they need to leave the classes alone just make intermidiate skills and force these classes to build up to there damage and they wont be as popular ...............get it i said force..*chuckles like a nerd*

Deadbatery
02.12.2012 , 05:59 PM | #24
Take away the auto snare on lightning or move the talent that removes it's cd further up the tree, get sorcs casting a wider variety of spells.

I also dont like that a class with so much control has an on demand stun

Cuddlezz
02.12.2012 , 06:03 PM | #25
you sir are hillarious, i play a sorc and if anything is OP it is the life grip in huttball, it is very difficult for me to take a good sentinal or marauder on 1v1 without losing them, and if i get jumped by an operative or scoundrel its pretty much game over for me, your just bad and its the most commonly played class so u want it to be nerfed, thx for the laugh

Smashbrother
02.12.2012 , 06:07 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by tehrealdealz View Post
First off im a former WoW player and I know a **** ton about PVP as all I did on that game is arena so I know when certain classes are OP. That being said, Sages/Sorcerers in this game are out of control with their damage. How do I know? Well let me see. Every WZ that I go in is filled with a huge amounts of these classes and its getting TIRING. Last night I lost count at how many times a sage would literally drop me in 5 secs or less. My friend who, and I kid you not, keyboard turns and clicks showed me how he could literally kill a level 50 in 4 gcds or less. Its tme that these two classes get HOT FIXED/NERFED today or sooner. That is all.
Lols no they can't unless you're talking about being in full champ/bm gear attacking a fresh 50, which obviously doesn't count.

Ojas
02.12.2012 , 06:09 PM | #27
Although I hate sages and sorcs with a burning passion for how easy their class is to play and how dominant it is as such an easily played class, two things about your post.

1. Posting about nerfing sages/sorcs on these forums will not work. Most servers are around 75% sages/sorcs and 25% everything else. For every post on these fourms, you will have a 10:1 ratio of sages/sorcs posting (because of the personality type that is attracted to that class).

2. Bioware will do nothing to make sages/sorcs less than #1 class in the game. They are the majority and bioware cares only about money.

ArlindoGMNeto
02.17.2012 , 08:50 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Rehneu View Post
Oh, I also have neither of these classes. I personally prefer to play the classes that others feel are not the FOTM as well as the ones that are viewed to be gimped beyond belief.
Lol same here. In fact, i like to go close and personal with my sage, i only wish BW could give sages the means to REALLY fight with lightsabers. Besides, this game´s animations are awfull. I like sage´s animations over JK.
-Sir, we´re surrounded!

-Good! Now we can attack them from any direction.