Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Time to nerf sages/sorceres in PVP.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Time to nerf sages/sorceres in PVP.

tehrealdealz
02.12.2012 , 04:20 PM | #1
First off im a former WoW player and I know a **** ton about PVP as all I did on that game is arena so I know when certain classes are OP. That being said, Sages/Sorcerers in this game are out of control with their damage. How do I know? Well let me see. Every WZ that I go in is filled with a huge amounts of these classes and its getting TIRING. Last night I lost count at how many times a sage would literally drop me in 5 secs or less. My friend who, and I kid you not, keyboard turns and clicks showed me how he could literally kill a level 50 in 4 gcds or less. Its tme that these two classes get HOT FIXED/NERFED today or sooner. That is all.

Alundo
02.12.2012 , 04:23 PM | #2
Yea that mixed spec is a real bugger ain't it? Luckily its got a fix in store for it.

Evuke
02.12.2012 , 04:24 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by tehrealdealz View Post
First off im a former WoW player and I know a **** ton about PVP
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA HAHAHHAHAHAHAAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAHA HAHAHA!!!!!!

best thread ever!

whitescorpion
02.12.2012 , 04:25 PM | #4
Quote:
First off im a former WoW player and I know a **** ton about PVP
Go play a Real PVP game first, then come back and give opinion!

Sirolos
02.12.2012 , 04:26 PM | #5
First off im a former WoW player and I know a **** ton about PVP as all I did on that game is arena so I know when certain classes are OP. That being said, Sages/Sorcerers in this game are out of control with their damage. How do I know? Well let me see. Every WZ that I go in is filled with a huge amounts of these classes and its getting TIRING. Last night I lost count at how many times a sage would literally drop me in 5 secs or less. My friend who, and I kid you not, keyboard turns and clicks showed me how he could literally kill a level 50 in 4 gcds or less. Its tme that these two classes get HOT FIXED/NERFED today or sooner. That is all.
Cool story bro..

So I would love to know how to kill someone in 4 gcd's

Seems everyone and their mother has champ gear or better now ( on my server at least).

Im wondering which of his attacks hit for 4-5k plus every GCD.
Quote: Originally Posted by Modecrypt View Post
Sorcs really need to be looked at. They have 7 knockbacks, 5 stuns, , they can cross guard each other
Quote: Originally Posted by Kholvan View Post
Don't make me gouge you with my purple origami horns.

Rehneu
02.12.2012 , 04:28 PM | #6
Saying someone can kill a level 50 in x amount of whatever's, is not really painting the correct picture as several details are being left out.

Any class, I mean any class, in the hands of a competent player will rip through the others. Both of these classes were hit hard with nerfs pre-launch.

Knowing that so many are playing these classes means that they are just spamming a couple of abilities. Yes, that is all most will do. Trying to make a case built on only a couple of abilities is the wrong way to go about things. Outlining with full details, including what the player of that class was using, wearing, and wielding comes in handy. Then outlining what they were ripping apart. Meaning, are you saying that a player that is a level 66 pvp'er going against a level 30 one is doing this? Well honestly, I hope they are. Or are you saying this is on an even playing field of 100% equality?

Trying to make a blanketed statement while listing your mmo/pvp resume is the wrong way to go about things. Sorry to burst that bubble.

Oh, I also have neither of these classes. I personally prefer to play the classes that others feel are not the FOTM as well as the ones that are viewed to be gimped beyond belief.

rlpirate
02.12.2012 , 04:30 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by whitescorpion View Post
Go play a Real PVP game first, then come back and give opinion!
Define what a real pvp game is. Most of the mmo players i have came across dont understand what a competitive game is all about.
Swtor needs more pvp

Orangerascal
02.12.2012 , 04:38 PM | #8
I linked this on mumble and we all rofled.

I will bump it for free because it's an awesome laugh. The OPs name was the icing on the cake
Lace - Sage / Fleet - Scoundrel / Vaine - Guardian - www.jedilace.com
<Sphinx> - Tomb of the Freedon Nadd

DarthApple
02.12.2012 , 04:43 PM | #9
Sages/Sorcs are the true easy mode in pvp. Their channelled abilities do need a dps reduction. I played Sorc in beta, its fun to cast lightning and watch your enemys health bar drop so fast, I can see why its the most played class.

Jargonaut
02.12.2012 , 04:45 PM | #10
First off im a former WoW player and I know a **** ton about PVP.
Wether or not you have a valid point, you blew it with this lol. In fact, are you a sage/sorc trying to do them a favour?
Mcpodd Stomp, Ithilmar's Chosen, Vengeance Juggernaut.

GlobalMMO.com - MyToons