Player Bounties can save this boring game

Loreal_

This game needs to add player bounties, before more ppl quit. Less 50's wouldn't be stuck around, twiddling their thumbs in fleet if we could hunt each other, while waiting for war zones . I know this isn't swg sadly, or kotr 2 hint hint. But if we could add player bounties, it would better than only pvp, quests, and click button crafting.

Sorry pretentious game and makers but it's too much of a severely boring game. I'm not renewing my sub until server merges and player bounties, i'll think about it.

Below my rationale to Bioware for quitting, when they ask which game you are going to, and why when you cancel:

Skyrim and Wow are refined, well thought out games that keep the player interested. They weren't released before they were ready and with a lesser budget than 100 mil, managed to make a smarter, more advanced, and less traditional game.

And I won't come back until they make pvp better, more maps, balanced, and player bounties. It's a severely boring game.

Edited by Loreal_

Then you haven't played many mmo's, certainly not it's closest release competition rift.

Trion's release makes swtor look truly weak.

Actually I played Rift, although a month or so after launch. Bug riddled, featureless, etc. I have no idea where the idea that Rift released as something great came from.

If you are not having fun, why are you playing a subscription-based game? Go play another game! Complaining about things on the forums won't change diddleysquat because most of the criticisms on forums like this amount to nothing more than poo-flinging and tantrum-throwing and any developer with any sense doesn't pay attention to it.

Criticisms are needed, but unfortunately, the criticisms available on official forums are largely nonconstructive.

Canceling your subscription, on the other hand, has a very real impact on what developers do, particularly in games where the developers were smart enough to include an "exit poll" for anyone canceling their subscription.

Personally, there is a large list of improvements I would like to see, and player bounties is nowhere on that list.

An incentive to go out into the world and search for a specific player sounds interesting, but why would somebody who knows they are being hunted ever leave the safety of the fleet?

Also:

Skyrim and Wow are refined, well thought out games that keep the player interested. They weren't released before they were ready

LOL

I would consider coming back with player bounties, and balanced pvp, if I felt like paying 15 a month for a B sci fi movie i've already seen. 100 million, really? I expect a Wow competitor, this is a traditional mmo, with quest, war zones, and click button crafting and star wars lore is supposed to do the rest?

I agree w/ player bounties.... It doesnt force pvp... If a player killed another player he is already flagged for pvp anyway...

As far as why would a player who is being hunted never leave fleet? Coz the thrill of being hunted or hunting is extremely fun...

The system could be much like swg had.... If a player kills another player in pvp, the player killed has an option to place a bounty.. Then other players could then hunt that player

Lets say only Jedi and BHs could participate at first, on pvp servers. And it's option you could choose to flag yourself under. You couldn't place money on their heads, but would have special comms that would give you unique items like the social ones, to avoid farming.

It could be available to other classes, but it could make the game more interesting. They will need to do something bc nadist rebels, my server is dead, not even many imps anymore.

So, all you need to do is stop wasting your time crying on the forums here, and set up something on your server. There are hundreds of places to get a free website or forum set up, so make one for player bounties on your server. Advertise in General, in Trade, in PVP chats and get the word out. BioWare doesn't need to do anything to make a player bounty system...

Oh, wait, I just realized, you do want BW to do the work for you.

Edited by Kaphik

OP needs a reality check..... How would they (BW) base the selection on a Bounty on a PvE or even RP server?

Enjoy your dreamland.. reality shall knock your door down eventually... SWG is gone, please get over it. I have.. and i loved the game pre-nge.

Well first of all you are never gonna find balanced PvP. There is always someone better than you and people will always scream "NERF THIS NAO!!!111!" at everything they don't understand. Look at what happened to your golden child, Rift. It wasn't too bad but it wasn't great at launch, but now.. lol.

Player bounties. Not bad. Probably be a better idea if you could just select and pay from a bounty station on Ilum or whatever planet you are, and get refunded if that player leaves. I know that if I got a bounty on my head, good luck finding me!

Which brings me to your lulzy troll about Skryim and WoW being more complete and polished. You obviously did not play WoW at release, that is INCREDIBLY apparent because you'd know that WoW had a HORRID launch and still suffers from 12-24 hour patch days even now. Plus the content was NOT there. WoW didn't start being good until Burning Crusades.

And Skyrim, well... You had to download a patch as soon as you got Skyrim because the game was UNPLAYABLE for a majority of gamers. It STILL suffers from some game-breaking bugs... Like ALL large games.

People don't realize that sometimes bugs doesn't surface until you have 100k people playing and then stuff ALWAYS crops up. Especially in MMOs'. MMOs' are NEVER complete. Never bug free.

Not even your fabled Rift, or the much heralded uber-WoW-TOR-life crushing GW2.

If you want to make a suggestion, make one and leave it at that. But what makes you think anyone cares why you're quitting. Or why we care that 50's are quitting. I like the game so I play, if you don't like it - go. Its simple. If you want a game like SWG, go play SWG.

disagree, I've seen this in other games. seems like it might be thrilling but it's not.

played one game where people dropped named dog-tags

thing is, they dropped them without respect to whether or not it was a zerg, single kill, killed them while they were afk, or maybe a 1/4 health from a mob etc

it was kinda lame

Save the game? Last I checked 1.7 mil subscriptions is a nice healthy amount. Don't see this game on life support or even nearing it any time soon.

Allowing the game to mature without trying to hold it for ransom will make it succeed even further.