Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Why does it take so long to get out of combat?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Why does it take so long to get out of combat?

IshyUK's Avatar


IshyUK
02.12.2012 , 12:53 PM | #1
Simple question. Currently it takes an ungodly amount of time to get out of combat. This is just ridiculous, and i cant see any reason for it to be so bad. Its even worse for stealth classes, you can never get back into stealth.

Bioware, for gods sake, in the name of all that is holy, make it a reasonable amount of time please.....

Rheeling's Avatar


Rheeling
02.12.2012 , 12:59 PM | #2
I think it has its reasons. And I think it's at an appropriate time. Though I will admit sometimes it feels like an eternity.

If it was a short period, then every stealther would be back to full health and ready to open again.

Any tank who managed to slip away would return at full health moments later. Those two things would be nightmares to deal with. The only people I think it's really rough on as is are non-stealth dps classes who can't heal. But we deal with it and we have to play a little smarter because of it.
Quote: Originally Posted by Smashface View Post
I imagine they pulled them from actual server data, as opposed to your source, which appears to be your arse.

GeLopez's Avatar


GeLopez
02.12.2012 , 01:00 PM | #3
The problem isn't that it takes long. The problem is that the time it takes seems completely random.
Lopez - Jedi Sage @ The Fatman

Rheeling's Avatar


Rheeling
02.12.2012 , 01:04 PM | #4
I'll give you that one. This is my best guess from trying to figure it out:

If you're only being attacked by 1 person, if they die, you're out of combat instantly. If it's multiple, or one person who is still alive, there's a timer that ticks down from the last ability they used on you.

I believe if you attack someone then stop, so long as they don't attack you back, or you don't get attacked by someone else, you'll drop out of combat sooner.

Would love to see the actual mechanic described by BioWare though.
Quote: Originally Posted by Smashface View Post
I imagine they pulled them from actual server data, as opposed to your source, which appears to be your arse.

IshyUK's Avatar


IshyUK
02.12.2012 , 01:09 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Rheeling View Post
I think it has its reasons. And I think it's at an appropriate time. Though I will admit sometimes it feels like an eternity.

If it was a short period, then every stealther would be back to full health and ready to open again.

Any tank who managed to slip away would return at full health moments later. Those two things would be nightmares to deal with. The only people I think it's really rough on as is are non-stealth dps classes who can't heal. But we deal with it and we have to play a little smarter because of it.
why would everyone be coming back full health in a matter of seconds?
frozen water will be nerfed dont worry.

so other then that, there is no reason. it would be completely fine to have a 10s timer.

Rheeling's Avatar


Rheeling
02.12.2012 , 01:11 PM | #6
I'd be fine with a 10 second timer after the last ability they used on you. But honestly I think that's pretty close to what it is now lol. Haven't done any actual timings but maybe I'll start doing that to see what I get.
Quote: Originally Posted by Smashface View Post
I imagine they pulled them from actual server data, as opposed to your source, which appears to be your arse.

IshyUK's Avatar


IshyUK
02.12.2012 , 02:20 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Rheeling View Post
I'd be fine with a 10 second timer after the last ability they used on you. But honestly I think that's pretty close to what it is now lol. Haven't done any actual timings but maybe I'll start doing that to see what I get.
I really dont think its 10s, sometimes it feels MUCH longer.

Vyrulence's Avatar


Vyrulence
02.12.2012 , 02:40 PM | #8
From what I've seen it's not based on time but rather how far you are away... or maybe some kind of combination. But if your target dies and you don't have anyone else on you, you'll be out of combat instantly. I find that I can get out of combat faster if I run away from the people that were hitting me.

Metalmac's Avatar


Metalmac
02.12.2012 , 04:13 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Rheeling View Post
I think it has its reasons. And I think it's at an appropriate time. Though I will admit sometimes it feels like an eternity.

If it was a short period, then every stealther would be back to full health and ready to open again.

Any tank who managed to slip away would return at full health moments later. Those two things would be nightmares to deal with. The only people I think it's really rough on as is are non-stealth dps classes who can't heal. But we deal with it and we have to play a little smarter because of it.
Look if I can not stealth as a stealth class then I am just worthless.

You want proof look at the number of kills. Those that like the amount of time like it is want no change as it would even out the kills more, and OP ALWAYS WANT TO STAY OP.

Metalmac's Avatar


Metalmac
02.12.2012 , 04:15 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by GeLopez View Post
The problem isn't that it takes long. The problem is that the time it takes seems completely random.
Yes this seems to be the exact case. I have been locked out of STEALTH then entire Huttball match or Void Star.

Even Disappearing Act refused to be used or was on cooldown. Stealth is broken!!!!