Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Seperate Power and Colour Crystals

Redundant
02.12.2012 , 11:45 AM | #1
Heya folks.

There was an idea that a few people have brought up about the Power Crystal's in your weapons.

As of now the colour and stats are the same. With most people selecting the stat over the colour end game is a cluster of oranges and purples glowing in the abyss of space.

Everyone seems to have the same colour lightsaber or blaster and I don't feel special or unique.

A simple solution.

Seperate the stat and colour of the power crystal. You can do this a number of ways. Heres just an idea.

1) Add an additional customization slot in your weapons which includes the colour. You get to keep the same stats but choose the colour you want.

2) Stick with just one crystal but when you put that in your lightsaber it lets you choose the colour you want from a selection of unlocked colours.

So you still need to buy colour crystals to unlock them but once you have got it, you can use it whenever you want on any weapon.

I personally prefer option 1 but these are just some quick ideas. I'm sure you guys can come up with a better idea.

Anyway just a suggestion to Bioware. Make no mistake its not a BIG problem, but I think it will be a fun little option.

What do you guys think?
TOROcast.com: The Fifth Pillar
SWTOR's longest running fan podcast.

LogicalPremise
02.12.2012 , 11:58 AM | #2
I think that is possibly the best idea I have heard in the past three weeks, literally. I'm going to slap one of my employees at work for not coming up with something so good at work.

Seriously, this would solve all the stupid "OMG I WANT TEH PURPLZE" whines, people's inability to differentiate magenta from pink, and be closer to canon since most LS consist of emitter, focus crystal, and color crystal.
Majynn, L55 Sorc - The Society - Harbinger
Garadan, L55 Jugg- Dark Void - Harbinger
Vongrath, L35 Op- Dark Void - Harbinger

Siorac
02.12.2012 , 12:11 PM | #3
I fully support this. I'm currently using a yellow lightsaber crystal because of the +10 endurance boost it gives compared to my blue one. But I'll probably go back to the blue one as 100 HP isn't that much. Still, your ideas would solve my issue without having to gimp myself (however slightly).

JohraTon
02.12.2012 , 12:18 PM | #4
I posted a similar idea back on the beta forums with an appearance crystal slot with your saber/blaster.

Seemed to fall on deaf ears.

I don't understand how they got to this system since the one they had in KOTOR would have been perfect here.
Jedi Covenant
Rhigus - Juggernaut
<Deceptýcons>

Stadulator
02.12.2012 , 12:27 PM | #5
so, umm what color do you want with what stat?

As of now, every color gets an endurance/crit stat, I believe there are power crystals too, will have to look at my artifice to verify. Are you asking to add more varied stats? Like + surge or + will ????

I missing where having an additional slot is going to add diversity. Seems the only limiting factor is if you're DS or LS so removal of that would allow for more color options.

This idea originally came up in beta due to the yellow/black crystal, which had no stats at first so people started "supposing" one thing or another was planned for it. Then when they released it with an endurance stat, people asked that there be other stat options for it, or for what you're suggesting.

Redundant
02.12.2012 , 12:35 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Stadulator View Post
so, umm what color do you want with what stat?

As of now, every color gets an endurance/crit stat, I believe there are power crystals too, will have to look at my artifice to verify. Are you asking to add more varied stats? Like + surge or + will ????

I missing where having an additional slot is going to add diversity. Seems the only limiting factor is if you're DS or LS so removal of that would allow for more color options.

This idea originally came up in beta due to the yellow/black crystal, which had no stats at first so people started "supposing" one thing or another was planned for it. Then when they released it with an endurance stat, people asked that there be other stat options for it, or for what you're suggesting.
No sorry you misunderstand. I don't want anything done with the actual stats. The problem TOR has is that there is a best crystal for everyone. People will always choose the crystal with the highest stat. However, that means everyone will have the same lightsaber colour. What I'm suggesting is to just let people choose what colour they want, without having to reduce your stats. Just to you know make people more unique and the Fleets more colourful

Henshini
02.12.2012 , 12:56 PM | #7
I think that creating an extra slot would be too much work. Why not just remove the stats from crystals and move them over to the hilts and barrels. Of course that would make blue and purple quality crystals redundant, and let them either eliminate high level colour crystal nodes, or switch them all to lvl 1 nodes.

Fantazm
02.12.2012 , 01:09 PM | #8
Colour crystals should cost 1 credit from either the DS or LS vendor on the fleet and be purely cosmetic, and keep the archeology stuff they have now for power crystals instead.

Putting stats into colour crystals was a dumb idea.

GawdoOo
02.12.2012 , 01:31 PM | #9
But each color already comes with each stat.

There are Power, Crit, or Endurance gems of every color.

Redundant
02.12.2012 , 01:46 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by GawdoOo View Post
But each color already comes with each stat.

There are Power, Crit, or Endurance gems of every color.
What we are saying though is to remove the stats from the colour crystal altogether and allow us to put whatever colour we want in. Or additionally let us change the colour to what we want.