Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game freezes every 10 seconds (server selection)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Game freezes every 10 seconds (server selection)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

GrizzlyUK
12.15.2011 , 04:42 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by S1-W7 View Post
Hello everyone,

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue.

Can I ask you what server you are trying to connect to?

Thank you for your patience.
I'm getting the same problem as others, either the Server screen appears for about 60 seconds followed by the game freezing or the game freezes before the Server screen appears. In both cases, checking in Task Manager shows SWTOR as "Not responding" and I have to "End Task" to shut the game down.

I don't think it matters much which server anyone's trying to connect to, I suspect the problem may be connected to the sheer number of people trying to play because those few times I've actually gotten to the Server screen every European server is showing as either Heavy or Full!
CE VIP - Pre-ordered: 21st July 2011, Pre-Order Code registered: 01st August 2011 due to retailer error
CE registered: 17th December 2011, Subscribing since 21st January 2012

Khazartaru
12.15.2011 , 04:42 PM | #22
It happens at server selection screen but you neednt to select any server, game just freezes every X seconds at the server selection screen.

and when i look at task administrator it says swtor is not responding for a few seconds.

Xaryell
12.15.2011 , 04:59 PM | #23 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hi guys,

We are currently investigating this matter. We're sorry for any inconvenience caused in the meantime.

Thank you for your patience.

Xaryell | BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

Khazartaru
12.15.2011 , 05:10 PM | #24
maybe it happens when too much people on server queues or in server selection screens? actually it seems to happen less than before and when freezes it do for a second o less than a second.

alejandrouk
12.16.2011 , 05:56 PM | #25
I found updating my graphics drivers managed to fix the issue