Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Melee Tanking in this game is Horrible

Rafkin
02.12.2012 , 01:08 PM | #11
The knockbacks that also snare are the worst.

KiranK
02.12.2012 , 03:19 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Rafkin View Post
The knockbacks that also snare are the worst.
This game has way too many knockbacks and not nearly enough ways to counter them. There really needs to be more knockback immunities or resistances for melees. We should either be able to ignore some entirely or at least be able to reduce the distance we get knocked back.
There's no QQing in baseball.

FleshMauler
02.12.2012 , 04:10 PM | #13
Do these issues prevent you from completing a pull 100% of time? 90%? hell, 40% even? If not this doesn't seem like a problem and seems more like an annoyance. I'd lke to call it as a L2P issue, but I don't play as a mele tank so I won't.

DrJawaPhD
02.12.2012 , 04:17 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Sturyko View Post
I'm defo thinking that Ranged tank is the way to go. Its a shame because I like how Melee works. Being pinballed around is just really frustrating
You're crazy if you think powertechs are a "ranged tank". We have to deal with all the crap the OP was complaining about, since our most important moves are melee attacks, and even our "ranged" attacks are only 10 meters which is like one step outside melee range

Soluss
02.12.2012 , 07:30 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by KiranK View Post
This game has way too many knockbacks and not nearly enough ways to counter them. There really needs to be more knockback immunities or resistances for melees. We should either be able to ignore some entirely or at least be able to reduce the distance we get knocked back.
Odly there is a talent for this. Its the third tier up in the jugg dps tree. Not that I would give up all those immortal points for it. Sad that the dps gets a 4 sec immunity on charge but not a tank.

KingFink
02.13.2012 , 01:22 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Soluss View Post
Odly there is a talent for this. Its the third tier up in the jugg dps tree. Not that I would give up all those immortal points for it. Sad that the dps gets a 4 sec immunity on charge but not a tank.
Unstoppable really should be in the Immortal tree, I agree. I also, am a Vengenace DPS. I'd give it up for my tank brothers to get some love. Maybe they can trade it in for 15% damage on my bleeds

Soluss
02.13.2012 , 07:46 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by KingFink View Post
Unstoppable really should be in the Immortal tree, I agree. I also, am a Vengenace DPS. I'd give it up for my tank brothers to get some love. Maybe they can trade it in for 15% damage on my bleeds
That would only make sense lol... I would even be happy if they put it in the second tier of the dps tree, instead of the 3rd

Sturyko
02.14.2012 , 07:14 AM | #18
You know.... this 1 thing would make my feel so much happier lol. Crazy how we think it and they don't :S

Foenixz
02.14.2012 , 07:35 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by FleshMauler View Post
Do these issues prevent you from completing a pull 100% of time? 90%? hell, 40% even? If not this doesn't seem like a problem and seems more like an annoyance. I'd lke to call it as a L2P issue, but I don't play as a mele tank so I won't.
No they do not. I am a melee tank and have never ever died to trash in Kaon.
Member Synergy Online Gaming

since 2002 and we are still going strong

Graburr
02.14.2012 , 08:36 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Foenixz View Post
No they do not. I am a melee tank and have never ever died to trash in Kaon.
this.

pull. break LOS. CC the annoying mobs on the way. burn down the rest.