Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Actual Master Loot in Normal Modes

Renroval
02.12.2012 , 12:30 AM | #1
Please implement this as an OPTION.

DarthTexas
02.12.2012 , 01:53 AM | #2
That's just silly. The game obviously knows I need a 4th pair of Columi gloves before the other player of the same class in the operation gets his 1st.

Covenant of the Phoenix - Galactic Republic PvE
Official Site - Recruitment Post

livnthedream
02.12.2012 , 02:06 AM | #3
no. it was purposefully left out so pugs wouldnt be retarded. "normal" mode is analogous to raid finder. its both incredibly easy and easy to outgear with crafted/orange gear.

mechintel
02.12.2012 , 02:08 AM | #4
Normal modes aren't really suppose to be something you bring your guild to or even take with the slightest bit of seriousness.

They are a means for casuals to see the content and are tuned to a level of difficulty lower than heroic flashpoints. They are incredibly puggable and have more in common with WoW's LFR than they do with WoW's normal modes.

The choice to make all loot destined to people it probably to account for the fact that they expect people to run this content in pugs rather than as an organized guild.

CIKShock
02.12.2012 , 02:15 AM | #5
That still doesn't mean that we shouldn't have some more options when it comes to loot distribution. The second poster is very much like where I'm at. I only need a weapon, yet I get all of the set pieces the newer 50s could use.

A person with no 'purples' could use the gear from normal much more than myself, me going back and helping does nothing for them... if anything harming the raid because gear goes to me that I truly do not need. I'd rather be able to help and pass on gear that I have no need for than get my 3rd pair of gloves/etc.

mechintel
02.12.2012 , 02:20 AM | #6
I repeat. Normal modes are designed around pugs and seeing the content. The fact that they even drop gear at all should be seen as nothing more than a bonus. If you have a group of people each with a pulse and a headset you should have no problems stepping into hardmode content out of the gate. Leave normal to it's design, as a place for non-raiders to raid. Non-raiders don't care about loot and they care even less about loot politics.

Vairau
02.12.2012 , 04:00 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by mechintel View Post
I repeat. Normal modes are designed around pugs and seeing the content. The fact that they even drop gear at all should be seen as nothing more than a bonus. If you have a group of people each with a pulse and a headset you should have no problems stepping into hardmode content out of the gate. Leave normal to it's design, as a place for non-raiders to raid. Non-raiders don't care about loot and they care even less about loot politics.
Riiiight.

Even so, having the option would be nice.

Renroval
02.12.2012 , 04:02 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by mechintel View Post
Hence the word: OPTION. You don't have to use it if you don't want to.

mechintel
02.12.2012 , 04:37 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Renroval View Post
Hence the word: OPTION. You don't have to use it if you don't want to.
Your OPTION lies in the fact that you don't have to run Normal modes.

Renroval
02.12.2012 , 04:45 AM | #10
OPTION also includes not running hard mode flashpoints and just doing normal mode ops since it's so easy. Maybe that is how many want to get geared but with broken loot, they can't. OPTION!

Since it is an OPTION, let's make it broken. Doesn't matter. It's an OPTION. Right? Buggy, broken, useless crap in game that are an OPTION, leave them unfixed. Why? Cause it's an OPTION.

Just because it's an OPTION doesn't mean they should leave it in it's broken state. People are not happy with it. Why leave it at that?