Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Was Dooku's execution planned?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Was Dooku's execution planned?

undeadsithdread
02.20.2012 , 05:31 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Tuscad View Post
Anakin hesitated a little after Palpatine said "Kill him" there was a small window of time that Dooku could have used to grab Anakins attention, whether Anakin would believe him or not is another story, but I believe this would have been reported to the council.
even dooku told anakin the truth nether anakin or jedi order would not believe him since they have no proof that sith named darth sidious even exists.

also all other points are against dooku since he is the one who kidnapped palpatine (if palpatine was sidious why would he order his own apprentice to kidnap him)
Sith assassin Forever!

Hokonoso
02.20.2012 , 09:21 AM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by MORTTUUM View Post
Actually, I suspect that the only reason for Dooku's existence was so Lucas could (sort of) finish the "Hammer Films" reunion by getting Christopher Lee in Star Wars somewhere...
actually reading the books Dooku's fall was in the works for many years, he was never meant to be a Sith Lord, just a Dark Jedi used by the true Sith, but when Maul died he was the only one left until Sidious could find a real apprentice, he always planned to throw him away.
What is democrazy? It is a government in which the ruling power is given to whoever is most skillful at directing the herd instincts of the largest masses of their most ignorant citizens.
--Nom Anor

BrandonSM
02.20.2012 , 10:26 AM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
actually reading the books Dooku's fall was in the works for many years, he was never meant to be a Sith Lord, just a Dark Jedi used by the true Sith, but when Maul died he was the only one left until Sidious could find a real apprentice, he always planned to throw him away.
Dooku was a Sith Lord...
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

LoneRebel
02.20.2012 , 01:34 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by BrandonSM View Post
Well, you saw the shock and surprise when Palps told Anakin to kill Dooku.

And, if you remember or if I remember correctly, in the AoTC movie, when Obi is captured and Dooku italks about Sidious and Obi refuses to believe it. Its when Obi was captured.

Its a little scene. I don't own the movie anymore but I remember it.
Just saw this response, as well as the ones from Burek and undeadsithdread, just now. Thanks for the answers guys.

With what we've learned here, it appears that Sidious was even more insidious (get it?) than I originally thought.
Those who can, do. Those who can't, QQ.

Emotion, yet peace. Ignorance, yet knowledge. Passion, yet serenity. Chaos, yet harmony. Death, yet the Force.

premandalo
02.20.2012 , 02:19 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by LoneRebel View Post
Not exactly the point of this thread, but I think it's still important and relevant. I've been wondering for quite a while - was Dooku aware that Darth Sidious was Chancellor Palpatine? A few posts ago ErikModi said that he was - but I'd like to see someone else back that up as well.

From a story point of view, there is no reason the story would require Dooku to know that Sidious was the chancellor. If I remember correctly, the only times we ever see Sidious contact Dooku are by holocomm. So if they never met in person, then it's perfectly possible that Dooku could go on just fine commanding the Separatists, receiving orders from Sidious to kidnap Palpatine on Coruscant, without realizing that Sidious was Palpatine.
Well, there is that time at the end of Ep. 2 when Sidious says to him something like "Good lord Tyranus". But the look on Dooku's face does show that he knew that Sidious was Palpatine.
A warrior knows nothing of surrender-Mandalore the Indomitable Brothers of the Hunt: it isn't a matter of IF we find you but WHEN we find you

SeraphRhane
02.20.2012 , 03:20 PM | #46
Isn't there a deleted scene for RotS that covers Dooku knowing Palps / Sidious are the same or am I just really vividly remembering the Revenge of the Sith novelisation?

They were in the war together, playing both sides against the other just as Plagueis and Sidious did for one purpose > bring down the Jedi.

Dooku was a Sith but that would have only been to commit him to the cause until Anakin could take his place. Think about it logically, Dooku was too old to be a long term plan. Sidious even says as much at the end of the Plagueis novel.

Sidious was giddy on the thought of the Force's reaction to he and Plagueis trying to create life being turned into a Sith itself.

Oh, and Dooku was a Sith from the beginning, darthtyranus.com was registered by Lucasarts prior to Attack of the Clones being released.
You fight like a dairy farmer!

Arkerus
02.20.2012 , 06:47 PM | #47
None of it makes sense because Lucas's own writing makes zero sense.

That's why you have to ask questions like this.
Hooning in the rex : http://youtu.be/xtXUM6yPMCY